Lightweight Racers?

On 2005-09-21, The Bill Rodgers <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Wed, 21 Sep 2005 11:31:17 GMT, "Doug Freese" <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>
>>The you must know of a model thast has yet to ship. The 2100 which is
>>the latest of the 2000 series weighs in at 12 oz. I see you are
>>numerically challenged. The lightest Asics shoe I can find on their web
>>page is the Magic at 7.0.

> You are a poor websearcher then. They list it at 5 oz on their
> website.

Bwahahahaa is that some sort of joke ? The Asics Magic actually weighs about
9oz or so. Asics flats are clunkers.

Cheers,
--
Donovan Rebbechi
http://pegasus.rutgers.edu/~elflord/

On 2005-09-21, Doug Freese <[email protected]> wrote:

> "The Bill Rodgers" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> On Wed, 21 Sep 2005 03:41:18 GMT, "Doug Freese" <[email protected]>
>> wrote:
>>
>>>Yo gelding, he's looking for a light weight racer not a bloody brogan.

>> Asics 2000 series weigh in at 5ozs.

> Troll alert!!
>
> The you must know of a model thast has yet to ship. The 2100 which is
> the latest of the 2000 series weighs in at 12 oz. I see you are
> numerically challenged. The lightest Asics shoe I can find on their web
> page is the Magic at 7.0.
>
> Sooo, which model do you think weighs 5 Oz?

Maybe he's 6 years old, and they really are 6oz in his size (-;

Cheers,

On 2005-09-21, [email protected] <[email protected]> wrote:

> [email protected] wrote:
>> Have any good lightweight (under 5.5 oz) racers come out since
>> they discontinued the NB RC150's? I have tried the Nike Mayflies,
>> but I dont like the way they fit my foot. Any info would be
>> appreciated.

> I've recently bought a pair of Adidas Adistar Competition. Very nice
> shoes.

They are also quite a bit more than 5.5oz (more like 8.x).

cheers,
--
Donovan Rebbechi
http://pegasus.rutgers.edu/~elflord/

On Wed, 21 Sep 2005 15:12:38 +0000 (UTC), Donovan Rebbechi
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Bwahahahaa is that some sort of joke ? The Asics Magic actually weighs about
>9oz or so. Asics flats are clunkers.

No surprise you are siding with your lover.
TBR

White House will be adorned by a downright moron."
H.L. Mencken (1880 - 1956)
"Anyone with degrees from Yale and Harvard is presumed to be intelligent,
but George W. Bush has managed to overcome that presumption."

On 21 Sep 2005 09:53:40 -0700, "TenKBabe" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Miss Anne Thrope wrote:
>
>> www.prancingqueens.com

>Please stop promoting your web site on rec.running.
>
>tkb

You got a real hardon for Anne. Are you to going to get it on?
TBR

White House will be adorned by a downright moron."
H.L. Mencken (1880 - 1956)
"Anyone with degrees from Yale and Harvard is presumed to be intelligent,
but George W. Bush has managed to overcome that presumption."

"The Bill Rodgers" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> You are a poor websearcher then. They list it at 5 oz on their
> website.

SPECS Asics magic

White/Royal/Flame (0159)
Sizes: 4-13,14,15
Weight: 7.0 oz.
U.S. sugg. retail: $95

Pssst, take a look at
http://www.asicsamerica.com/product...RY_ID=250001179&BACK_CATEGORY_ID=250001173And as Donovan says the weights are exaggerated much like gas milegageon cars.You used to try to right about 10% of the time. Lately, you have beenwrong about 100% of the time when you not playing the potty mouth baby.To be a good troll you need to be correct every once in a while.-DF

On Wed, 21 Sep 2005 20:06:40 GMT, "Doug Freese" <[email protected]>
wrote:

>"The Bill Rodgers" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>> You are a poor websearcher then. They list it at 5 oz on their
>> website.

>SPECS Asics magic
>
> White/Royal/Flame (0159)
>Sizes: 4-13,14,15
>Weight: 7.0 oz.
>U.S. sugg. retail: $95

always funny to me that people who have 5 or more pounds
of fat on their body look for lighter shoes.
....thehick

wrote:

>"The Bill Rodgers" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>> You are a poor websearcher then. They list it at 5 oz on their
>> website.

>SPECS Asics magic
>
> White/Royal/Flame (0159)
>Sizes: 4-13,14,15
>Weight: 7.0 oz.
>U.S. sugg. retail: $95
>
>Pssst, take a look at
> http://www.asicsamerica.com/product...Y_ID=2500011779&BACK_CATEGORY_ID=250001173And as Donovan says the weights are exaggerated much like gas milegageon cars.You used to try to right about 10% of the time. Lately, you have beenwrong about 100% of the time when you not playing the potty mouth baby.To be a good troll you need to be correct every once in a while.-DF

Making up phony stats and websites do nothing for your cause.

frank-in-toronto wrote:
> always funny to me that people who have 5 or more pounds
> of fat on their body look for lighter shoes.

Back to first semester physics - classical mechanics, that is - for
you, Frank.

frank-in-toronto wrote:

> always funny to me that people who have 5 or more pounds
> of fat on their body look for lighter shoes.
> ...thehick

Because you lift feet more than body. Assuming 1-m stride (convenient
number, long for me, probably short for others), for every extra ounce
on foot, you lift about 100 lb through a 1-ft or more height (unless
shuffling, may be less) for every 1 km you run (numbers are somewhat
arbitrary, but the idea is there). Even snowshoe runners look to shave
weight on snowshoes.

But the trick is to save the weight without sacrificing functionality.

Try running after running through some goopy mud to see the difference.

Dot

--
"running is a mysterious journey that we take not just to beat other
people or to stay in reasonable physical shape - but to find out more

On Wed, 21 Sep 2005 16:35:50 -0400, frank-in-toronto
<[email protected]> wrote:

>always funny to me that people who have 5 or more pounds
>of fat on their body look for lighter shoes.

Especially when you consider that shoe weight means absolutely
nothing, except in the persons mind.

frank-in-toronto wrote:

> always funny to me that people who have 5 or more pounds
> of fat on their body look for lighter shoes.

5 pounds of fat is not very much. I weigh 110 and I have at least 15
pounds of fat, maybe more. Or are you talking about 5 pounds to lose? I
think I see your point though. On the other hand, saving weight on
moving parts (feet) can make a big difference.

tkb

On 21 Sep 2005 20:05:37 -0700, "TenKBabe" <[email protected]> wrote:

> I weigh 110 and I have at least 15
>pounds of fat, maybe more.

Those are called "tits".

TenKBabe wrote:
> I weigh 110 and I have at least 15 pounds of fat, maybe more.

You think we're impressed? TBR has at least double that!

Hey Bill, wanna lose ten pounds of ugly fat, quick?

On 21 Sep 2005 20:05:37 -0700, "TenKBabe" <[email protected]> wrote:

>frank-in-toronto wrote:
>
>> always funny to me that people who have 5 or more pounds
>> of fat on their body look for lighter shoes.

>5 pounds of fat is not very much. I weigh 110 and I have at least 15
>pounds of fat, maybe more. Or are you talking about 5 pounds to lose? I
>think I see your point though. On the other hand, saving weight on
>moving parts (feet) can make a big difference.

i mean 5 lbs to lose. i'm assuming that someone interested
in fitness would do most of the work to get slim but may
not get rid of those last few pounds. if a person has
15 or 20 pounds to lose, it's obvious where they
should be putting their efforts. and for them, talking
about shoe weight would just be social.
....thehick

On 21 Sep 2005 21:28:36 -0700, "Charlie Pendejo" <[email protected]>
wrote:

>You think we're impressed? TBR has at least double that!

Sorry spico, I have 3% body fat.
TBR

White House will be adorned by a downright moron."
H.L. Mencken (1880 - 1956)
"Anyone with degrees from Yale and Harvard is presumed to be intelligent,
but George W. Bush has managed to overcome that presumption."

On Thu, 22 Sep 2005 04:45:25 -0400, frank-in-toronto
<[email protected]> wrote:

>i mean 5 lbs to lose. i'm assuming that someone interested
>in fitness would do most of the work to get slim but may
>not get rid of those last few pounds. if a person has
>15 or 20 pounds to lose, it's obvious where they
>should be putting their efforts. and for them, talking
>about shoe weight would just be social.

Those last few are notoriously hard to get rid of. I had to nearly
double my mileage to get rid of it.

frank-in-toronto wrote:
> if a person has 15 or 20 pounds to lose, it's obvious where
> they should be putting their efforts. and for them, talking
> about shoe weight would just be social.

Hick-meister,

For someone so quick and strident to defend the slow runner (1), you
sure are on a high horse about body fat. Hey, congrats for being slim
yourself since that's important to you. (2) Just remember that, while
probably none of us here at rec.running (except maybe TBR) wants to be
a big fat slob, losing that last 5 or 10 or 15 pounds may not be a top
3 priority for all of us, let alone the general population - nor is
that a sign of moral rot, any more than your failure thus far to get
fired up about running a sub-3 marathon. (3)

And one last time: why don't you actually try the experiment. Go out
for a run with 1 lb weights on each ankle or in hiking boots, then
without the weights but with a backpack which you weigh down to various
degrees. C'mon Frank, as a Canadian, you must spend many days each
year out in the forest, and thereby come into contact with backpackers
carrying 30-50-70 pounds on their backs who nonetheless insist on
keeping their shoe/boot weights down - and they're not even racing a
clock nor each other. You calling all of those big burly Canucks a
bunch of liars?

(1) which is fine with me - a runner about 50% slower (i.e. 67% as
fast) then the truly fast - but please do bear in mind that the _sport_
of running (racing) quite clearly considers speed not just a virtue but
rather _the_ central idea

(2) though one hopes you haven't achieved this via the "Kate Moss
diet"!

(3) and this _is_ wreck.RUNNING, not wreck.slim or wreck.supermodels or
wreck.does-my-ass-look-fat