Lightweight running shoes recommendations : to be used with orthotics

Discussion in 'General Fitness' started by Takli, Mar 3, 2004.

  1. Takli

    Takli Guest

    I need some recommendations for light weight (~ 10.2 oz) neutral running shoes which will
    accommodate orthotics comfortably. I have severe flat feet and overpronate like crazy. I use the SOF
    Sole graphite orthotics – which are quite thick, wide and have a large gel heel pad. I remove
    the existing insole and replace it with the graphite orthotic. My shoe size is US 9 (UK 8). Thanks
    in advance!

    Tags:

  2. Bill

    Bill Guest

    One shoe I have used with an additional insole is the Brooks Burn, provided
    your orthotic does not raise the foot too much, since the heel counter does
    not come up that far. It holds up well, is much much lighter than the
    normal trainer and has plenty of foot room for me. It does not have the
    cushioning of a Nike Tailwind if you need it.
    news:[email protected]...