Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

Limits of a Carbon Fork

Started by Shane422 · · Last activity · 3 posts · 1,349 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
20 April 2005
Last activity
21 April 2005
Original author
Shane422
Posts
3
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,349
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–3 of 3
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I bought a new bike this year. It has an Easton EC70 carbon fork with a carbon steerer. I've seen the same fork in catalogs with a aluminum steerer, but mine defintely has a carbon steerer. I'm a bigger guy, ~250lbs and I'm still a bit timid about hitting any road imperfection with an all carbon fork. Are these real concerns ? I know carbon is supposed to be strong but how strong is strong ? Has anyone busted a carbon fork and how did that happen ?

  2. I haven't heard of a published weight limit on Easton forks, but surely at 250 lb's you should be fine on an EC70. As long as it hasn't been involved in any serious crashes and the like, I wouldn't worry.

  3. I've previously mentioned rider weight-limits to a couple of Easton reps, concerning the '05 models with the CNT resin. They told me there is no weight limit on those forks - EC90 SL Straight and Curved blade, EC90 SLX, and EC90 Aero blade.

    However, that does not apply to their '04 and older forks which do not use the CNT.

    Call or e-mail them about your specific model: eastonbike.comcontact us.html

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.