Lincolnshire

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Brian G, Sep 16, 2004.

  1. Brian G

    Brian G Guest

    My wife will be going down to Lincolnshire in the spring for a week or so to
    do some research and I'm thinking of going as well, but in my case for some
    cycling in an area I've never been to before.

    Does anyone have any favourite or recommended day or half day routes in that
    area? I plan to take my hybrid bike, so road, track or old gent's off-road
    are all possible.

    Not sure where we'll be based, maybe Skegness way.

    TIA

    --
    Brian G

    To reply, replace junk with brian

    Tags:

  2. David Nutter

    David Nutter Guest

    Brian G <[email protected]> said:

    > Does anyone have any favourite or recommended day or half day routes in that
    > area? I plan to take my hybrid bike, so road, track or old gent's off-road
    > are all possible.
    >
    > Not sure where we'll be based, maybe Skegness way.

    Head into the wolds in that case. Mildly lumpy, with many pretty villages to
    choose from. Binbrook in particular is quite charming. If you can avoid the
    major A-roads do so for the Lincolnshire driver is not renowned for his
    adherence to the law and is both fast and careless.

    Regards,

    -david

  3. Jack Ouzzi

    Jack Ouzzi Guest

    On 16 Sep 2004 15:22:08 GMT, David Nutter
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Brian G <[email protected]> said:
    >
    >> Does anyone have any favourite or recommended day or half day routes in that
    >> area? I plan to take my hybrid bike, so road, track or old gent's off-road
    >> are all possible.
    >>
    >> Not sure where we'll be based, maybe Skegness way.

    >Head into the wolds in that case. Mildly lumpy, with many pretty villages to
    >choose from. Binbrook in particular is quite charming. If you can avoid the
    >major A-roads do so for the Lincolnshire driver is not renowned for his
    >adherence to the law and is both fast and careless.

    Yes, I live about 10 miles form the Wolds and agree wholeheartedly
    ........ especially about Lincolnshire drivers .......... very very
    poor!!

    Lots of 'back ways' though to enjoy .......... visit some of the
    nature reserves. Watch the road idiots !!

  4. Brian G

    Brian G Guest

    Jack Ouzzi wrote:
    > On 16 Sep 2004 15:22:08 GMT, David Nutter
    > <[email protected]> wrote:

    >> Head into the wolds in that case. Mildly lumpy, with many pretty
    >> villages to choose from. Binbrook in particular is quite charming.
    >> If you can avoid the major A-roads do so for the Lincolnshire driver
    >> is not renowned for his adherence to the law and is both fast and
    >> careless.
    >>

    > Yes, I live about 10 miles form the Wolds and agree wholeheartedly
    > ....... especially about Lincolnshire drivers .......... very very
    > poor!!
    >
    > Lots of 'back ways' though to enjoy .......... visit some of the
    > nature reserves. Watch the road idiots !!

    Thank you for the suggestions. I'll spend some time over the winter with
    the maps. As for the local drivers, it sounds like I'll feel pretty much at
    home!