Linear Drive Trike(Japanese)

Status

Jeff Wills

Guest
"Alpha Beta" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
[q1]> What is the make? Any info on the web anywhere?[/q1]

The home URL is http://www.stmfr.co.jp/STMFR/index.html

The description of the linear drive mechanism (in broken English) is at
http://www.stmfr.co.jp/STMFR/linear.html .

MHO: it's a solution in search of a problem. The fastest HPVs still use the circular crank motion.
The fastest linear-drive HPVs aren't within 25 miles per hour. Neat machine, though.

Jeff

Just Zis Guy

Guest
Jeff Wills wrote:

[q1]> The description of the linear drive mechanism (in broken English) is at[/q1]
[q1]> http://www.stmfr.co.jp/STMFR/linear.html .[/q1]

I liked: "At present, with the increasing interest in using clean energy, there is a need for
improving the effciency of man-powered machines, vehicles, etc"

Yes, I can see there's a pressing need to improve what is only the most energy efficient vehicle on
the planet :)

--
Guy
===

Geob

Guest
[q1]> There was a DF bike years ago that had a linear movement, up and down. I don't recall the name or[/q1]
[q1]> anything. Basically, one pressed the cranks which pulled chains on either side of the rear wheel.[/q1]

Reminds me of my Rowcycle. Has a chain for each side. You pull lever-like 'oars' which pull a length
of chain. Bungee cords keep the chain tight. A freewheel on each rear wheel provides a rachet
mechanism. A guy rode one across the USA.. I have trouble getting around the block. Might have
something to do with my gut, not sure.. further research needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.