Linear LWB, USS

I've come across a Linear with "Um Num" on the frame. Anyone familiar
with this 'bent? Interested in knowing how old it is, what the cost
was new and approximate value in good condition today.

Thanks,

jim

[email protected] wrote:
> I've come across a Linear with "Um Num" on the frame. Anyone familiar
> with this 'bent? Interested in knowing how old it is, what the cost
> was new and approximate value in good condition today.

If you have not already, see <http://129.79.22.9/linear/>.

When I stopped at the U.S. Route 52 Mississippi overlook in Guttenberg,
Iowa, there was a holder with tourist brochures. In the brochure, it
stated that Guttenberg [1] was the home of Linear, "The World's Most
Comfortable Bicycle".

[1] Linear production has since been moved to New York State under
different ownership.
--
Tom Sherman - Fox River Valley

<[email protected]> wrote in message news:eek:[email protected]...

> I've come across a Linear with "(AL)Um(I)Num" on the frame. Anyone familiar
> with this 'bent? Interested in knowing how old it is, what the cost
> was new and approximate value in good condition today.
>
> Thanks,
>

> jim

Maybe some letters have vanisihed.

On 21 Sep 2005 18:38:54 -0700, "Sunset Lowracer [TM] Fanatic"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>[email protected] wrote:
>> I've come across a Linear with "Um Num" on the frame. Anyone familiar
>> with this 'bent? Interested in knowing how old it is, what the cost
>> was new and approximate value in good condition today.

>If you have not already, see <http://129.79.22.9/linear/>.
>
>When I stopped at the U.S. Route 52 Mississippi overlook in Guttenberg,
>Iowa, there was a holder with tourist brochures. In the brochure, it
>stated that Guttenberg [1] was the home of Linear, "The World's Most
>Comfortable Bicycle".
>
>[1] Linear production has since been moved to New York State under
>different ownership.

Thanks for the link, I'll check it out.

jim

Sunset Lowracer [TM] Fanatic wrote:
> [email protected] wrote:
>
>>I've come across a Linear with "Um Num" on the frame. Anyone familiar
>>with this 'bent? Interested in knowing how old it is, what the cost
>>was new and approximate value in good condition today.

> If you have not already, see <http://129.79.22.9/linear/>.
>
> When I stopped at the U.S. Route 52 Mississippi overlook in Guttenberg,
> Iowa, there was a holder with tourist brochures. In the brochure, it
> stated that Guttenberg [1] was the home of Linear, "The World's Most
> Comfortable Bicycle".
>
> [1] Linear production has since been moved to New York State under
> different ownership.

That's an interesting web site. I did in fact do a lot of stuff with my
LInear. I have been riding one for about 20 years, and we used it as a
test fixture in the bike design class. That's what the front fork with
the slot was for. We could move the wheel aft to change the control spring.

Great bike and comfortable with the suspension.

--
support free enterprise
oppose subsidized enterprise

corporate propaganda on tv is not news

Reply to [email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

On Thu, 22 Sep 2005 16:44:10 GMT, Bill Patterson
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Sunset Lowracer [TM] Fanatic wrote:
>> [email protected] wrote:
>>
>>>I've come across a Linear with "Um Num" on the frame. Anyone familiar
>>>with this 'bent? Interested in knowing how old it is, what the cost
>>>was new and approximate value in good condition today.

>> If you have not already, see <http://129.79.22.9/linear/>.
>>
>> When I stopped at the U.S. Route 52 Mississippi overlook in Guttenberg,
>> Iowa, there was a holder with tourist brochures. In the brochure, it
>> stated that Guttenberg [1] was the home of Linear, "The World's Most
>> Comfortable Bicycle".
>>
>> [1] Linear production has since been moved to New York State under
>> different ownership.

>That's an interesting web site. I did in fact do a lot of stuff with my
>LInear. I have been riding one for about 20 years, and we used it as a
>test fixture in the bike design class. That's what the front fork with
>the slot was for. We could move the wheel aft to change the control spring.
>
>Great bike and comfortable with the suspension.

It definitely is interesting, but I've not yet found anything on this
Um Num "model" or cost. of it. I am working slowly through the site.
Have you any information on this particular bent?

jim

> It definitely is interesting, but I've not yet found anything on this
> Um Num "model" or cost. of it. I am working slowly through the site.
> Have you any information on this particular bent?
>

> jim

Nope sorry, I was amazed that there was a site with my old Linear on it.
Didn't mean to get so off the thread.

Bill
--
support free enterprise
oppose subsidized enterprise

corporate propaganda on tv is not news

Reply to [email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

Try this link to Linear. There are resources there that lead to the Linear
owner's groups that might shed some more light on your logo.
http://www.linearrecumbent.com/index.htm

news:[email protected]...