Link to a pic of LAlpe d'Huez suitable for wallpaper?

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Badger_South, Jul 22, 2004.

  1. Badger_South

    Badger_South Guest

    Someone posted a side-ways view, but can't find the link.

    Anyone have links to their fave snap of this, besides the nice one
    from satelite yesterday, that is.

    TIA.

    -B

    Tags:

  2. I'de like a copy of that arial shot of Lance, just before he passed
    under the 1K banner on the Alpe.

    The one that clearly shows that imaginative comment someone had painted
    on the road.....

    - -

    "May you have the wind at your back.
    And a really low gear for the hills!"

    Chris'Z Corner
    http://www.geocities.com/czcorner

  3. S o r n i

    S o r n i Guest

    Chris Zacho "The Wheelman" wrote:
    > I'de like a copy of that arial shot of Lance, just before he passed
    > under the 1K banner on the Alpe.
    >
    > The one that clearly shows that imaginative comment someone had
    > painted on the road.....

    I got a kick out of the "Lance Sucks" painted on the road, just as the time
    check confirmed that he was indeed kicking major lycra-clad ass.

    Bill "he sucks alright...huge amounts of oxygen" S.

  4. Richard Tack

    Richard Tack Guest

  5. Harris

    Harris Guest

  6. Rick Warner

    Rick Warner Guest

    Harris <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Richard Tack <[email protected]> wrote:
    > > Here's one of a contingent of German "fans."

    > > http://www.lt-smash.us/Lance.jpg

    > I thought they were Basques.

    Well, since they are in the orange color of Euskatel, and the one guy
    has a basque flag draped around him, I suspect you are correct. They
    are probably a big miffed that Mayo had gone walkabout.

    - rick

  7. From: [email protected] (S=A0o=A0r=A0n=A0i)

    >Chris Zacho "The Wheelman" wrote:
    >>I'de like a copy of that arial shot of
    >>Lance, just before he passed under the
    >>1K banner on the Alpe.

    >>The one that clearly shows that
    >>imaginative comment someone had
    >>painted on the road.....

    >I got a kick out of the "Lance Sucks"
    >painted on the road, just as the time\
    >check confirmed that he was indeed
    >kicking major lycra-clad ass.

    >Bill "he sucks alright...huge amounts of
    >oxygen" S.

    Actually, Bill, I was reffering t the "Rip their balls off" one... ;-3)

    - -

    "May you have the wind at your back.
    And a really low gear for the hills!"

    Chris'Z Corner
    http://www.geocities.com/czcorner

  8. S o r n i

    S o r n i Guest

    Chris Zacho "The Wheelman" wrote:
    > From: [email protected] (S o r n i)
    >
    >> Chris Zacho "The Wheelman" wrote:
    >>> I'de like a copy of that arial shot of
    >>> Lance, just before he passed under the
    >>> 1K banner on the Alpe.

    >>> The one that clearly shows that
    >>> imaginative comment someone had
    >>> painted on the road.....

    >> I got a kick out of the "Lance Sucks"
    >> painted on the road, just as the time\
    >> check confirmed that he was indeed
    >> kicking major lycra-clad ass.

    >> Bill "he sucks alright...huge amounts of
    >> oxygen" S.

    > Actually, Bill, I was reffering t the "Rip their balls off" one...

    I know, Chris. Saw that one, too. I was just commenting on ANOTHER painted
    sign I noticed.

    Bill "guess they keep the street cleaners busy for a while afterwards" S.