Linseed recipes - crackers, muffins, prridge etc! Yum

Jules

Guest
Hello all :)
I'm new to this group but have been low carbing the Atkins way for the last
9 weeks and have lost nearly 2 stone! The most I've ever lost - like a lot
of you probably other diets just didn't work and you wondered why. Now I
know. Basically I was ADDICTED to carbs!

Anyway on to my new found recipes.
I belong to ediets.co.uk (there's a .com equivalent too) and we all swap
recipes etc there, so I tried a couple out yesterday - the crackers and
cookies.
They are gorgeous!
I also think that if you add nuts to the linseed and butter they would make
a great biscuity base for cheesecake or any other pudding.
You could even use it to make mince pies!

Buy linseeds from any good health food shop.

LINSEED RECIPES

COOKIES (This makes one)

2 Teaspoons ground linseed.
Pinch of cinnamon
1 teaspoon Splenda
1 Teaspoon butter
2 Teaspoon water

Mix dry ingredients, add butter, nuke for like 25 seconds, remove and mix
together. Add water, mix, pour & spread on wax paper. Microwave for about 2
1/2 to 4 minutes until crispy. Enjoy.

(you may want to add more seed when you've added the water to thicken up the
consistency)

They taste like a oatmeal cinnamon cookie.

****************************

CRACKERS

2 tbsp ground linseed
1 tbsp water

Make a paste. Spread out thinly on parchment paper (greaseproof), sprinkle
what ever seasoning you like...my fav is just plain old salt and pepper. I
make one big cracker, but you can make them into little round or square
cracker shapes.
Microwave for 2 min.

I top mine with cream cheese.

******************************

PANCAKES

2 tablespoons ground linseed
1 egg
30 ml cream
1 teaspoon Splenda
Cinnamon pinch

Just mix and fry with butter.

***************

They are fine for induction (As they are mentioned as a legal fibre source)
as long as you do not exceed 2 tablespoons worth a day. The seeds on their
own are 5g of carbs per 100g of seed. Someone at the board I got all these
ideas from calculated what the ground seed is:

1 x 15ml spoon: 0.4
2 x 15ml spoons: 0.8
3 x 15ml spoons: 1.2
4 x 15ml spoons: 1.6
5 x 15ml spoons: 1.0
6 x 15ml spoons: 2.0
7 x 15ml spoons: 2.8
8 x 15ml spoons: 3.2

Enjoy! xxxx Oh, if you don't have wax paper, clingfilm is fine. I press down
the cookies and crackers by folding the clingfilm over it as the paste is
pretty sticky.

It's great for your skin, essential Omega oils in it and it keeps you
regular! :)

***************

MUFFINS

1 egg
2-3 ounces of cream cheese
1 teaspoon splenda
pinch of cinnamon
3 teaspoons linseed (ground)

Alternatively, you can make this savoury. I omit the splenda and cinnamon
for marmite :)

soften the cream cheese in a microwavable bowl in the microwave for 15-20
sec.
Mix flavour and sweetener into the cream cheese
add egg and linseed, mix leaving a little lumpy.
nuke 1-3 min depending on your microwave and how dry you want it.

Linseed is known as Flax in the US. :)

LOW CARB PORRIDGE

2 Tbsp pure soya isolate powder (available from Holland and Barrett)
2 Tbsps golden linseeds
knob of butter
1 Tbsp fresh cream
1 Splenda tablet
boiling water from kettle

1 Grind the golden linseed
2 Mix the golden linseed to the isolate powder.
3. Add the splenda tablet
4. Add some boiling water while mixing all the time until the preferred
consistency.
5. Add the cream & butter.

(about 1 1/2 carbs per serving)

ENJOY!!

Juliexx

sounds pretty good - might have to give a few of these a try

thx
Sharri
254.4 / 225.6 / 135
started: Oct 19/05
mini goal: 195 by Jan 22 (my birthday - wishful thinking.

news:[email protected]...

Jules wrote:
> Hello all :)
> I'm new to this group but have been low carbing the Atkins way for
> the last 9 weeks and have lost nearly 2 stone! The most I've ever
> lost - like a lot of you probably other diets just didn't work and
> you wondered why. Now I know. Basically I was ADDICTED to carbs!

Good going, Julie!

> I also think that if you add nuts to the linseed and butter they
> would make a great biscuity base for cheesecake or any other pudding.
> You could even use it to make mince pies!

My favored crust for cheesecakes has always been a half-and-half mix of
ground flaxseed and finely chopped walnuts or pecans, mixed with some melted
butter and a bit of artificial sweetener and pressed into the bottom and up
the side of the pan. For some flavors of cheesecake I might add some
cinnamon, also. It really makes a wonderful crust, similar in appearance to
the traditional graham cracker crust, but more flavorful, and best of all,
it does not get soggy when stored.

HG

Jules wrote:

> Buy linseeds from any good health food shop.

US places tend to call them flax seeds.

Cookies, crackers, muffins, pancakes and porridge are not low carb.

No wonder you're obese.

--
Most people are dumb as bricks; some people are dumber than that. -- MFW

> [...]
> for marmite :)
>
> soften the cream cheese in a microwavable bowl in the microwave for 15-20
> sec.
> Mix flavour and sweetener into the cream cheese
> add egg and linseed, mix leaving a little lumpy.
> nuke 1-3 min depending on your microwave and how dry you want it.
>
> Linseed is known as Flax in the US. :)
>

> LOW CARB PORRIDGE
>

> 2 Tbsp pure soya isolate powder (available from Holland and Barrett)
> 2 Tbsps golden linseeds
> knob of butter
> 1 Tbsp fresh cream
> 1 Splenda tablet
> boiling water from kettle
>
> 1 Grind the golden linseed
> 2 Mix the golden linseed to the isolate powder.
> 3. Add the splenda tablet
> 4. Add some boiling water while mixing all the time until the preferred

For some, if carbs are low enough long enough, carb cravings go away. Many
reduced carb recipes are still high in carbs by percentage. I suspect they
are a stepping stone to the return to carbs and weight regain.

> [...]

> for marmite :)
>
> soften the cream cheese in a microwavable bowl in the microwave for 15-20
> sec.
> Mix flavour and sweetener into the cream cheese
> add egg and linseed, mix leaving a little lumpy.
> nuke 1-3 min depending on your microwave and how dry you want it.
>
> Linseed is known as Flax in the US. :)
>

> LOW CARB PORRIDGE
>

> 2 Tbsp pure soya isolate powder (available from Holland and Barrett)
> 2 Tbsps golden linseeds
> knob of butter
> 1 Tbsp fresh cream
> 1 Splenda tablet
> boiling water from kettle
>
> 1 Grind the golden linseed
> 2 Mix the golden linseed to the isolate powder.
> 3. Add the splenda tablet
> 4. Add some boiling water while mixing all the time until the preferred

"Cubit" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> For some, if carbs are low enough long enough, carb cravings go away.

Many
> reduced carb recipes are still high in carbs by percentage. I suspect

they
> are a stepping stone to the return to carbs and weight regain.

I'm consuming around 20 gram of carbs a day and your right - carb cravings
do go away. BUT its still nice, occasionally, to have something crispy, or
ro use as a base for something else.

> [...]

> > for marmite :)
> >
> > soften the cream cheese in a microwavable bowl in the microwave for

15-20
> > sec.
> > Mix flavour and sweetener into the cream cheese
> > add egg and linseed, mix leaving a little lumpy.
> > nuke 1-3 min depending on your microwave and how dry you want it.
> >
> > Linseed is known as Flax in the US. :)
> >

> > LOW CARB PORRIDGE
> >

> > 2 Tbsp pure soya isolate powder (available from Holland and Barrett)
> > 2 Tbsps golden linseeds
> > knob of butter
> > 1 Tbsp fresh cream
> > 1 Splenda tablet
> > boiling water from kettle
> >
> > 1 Grind the golden linseed
> > 2 Mix the golden linseed to the isolate powder.
> > 3. Add the splenda tablet
> > 4. Add some boiling water while mixing all the time until the preferred

"JC Der Koenig" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Cookies, crackers, muffins, pancakes and porridge are not low carb.
>
> No wonder you're obese.

You obviously didnt read my post!
The recipes are made with linseed (probably, flaxseed to you) and are NOT
high carb - infact if your read the carb content there VERY low.

> [...]

> > nuke 1-3 min depending on your microwave and how dry you want it.
> >
> > Linseed is known as Flax in the US. :)
> >

> > LOW CARB PORRIDGE
> >

> > 2 Tbsp pure soya isolate powder (available from Holland and Barrett)
> > 2 Tbsps golden linseeds
> > knob of butter
> > 1 Tbsp fresh cream
> > 1 Splenda tablet
> > boiling water from kettle
> >
> > 1 Grind the golden linseed
> > 2 Mix the golden linseed to the isolate powder.
> > 3. Add the splenda tablet
> > 4. Add some boiling water while mixing all the time until the preferred
> > consistency.
> > 5. Add the cream & butter.
> >
> > (about 1 1/2 carbs per serving)
> >

> > ENJOY!!
> >

> > Juliexx

Cookies, crackers, muffins, pancakes and porridge are not low carb.

You take stupid to a new level. -- MFW