Linux Penny Farthing In Fremantle Today

M Bison

Guest
I rode past a penny farthing today in Fremantle today, complete with
trailer with a rather fat looking stuffed penguin it. The penguin had a
Linux t-shirt on it.

Was it anyone here?

Was the strangest thing I have ever seen, but none the less hilarious!

M Bison wrote:
> I rode past a penny farthing today in Fremantle today, complete with
> trailer with a rather fat looking stuffed penguin it. The penguin had a
> Linux t-shirt on it.
>
> Was it anyone here?
>
> Was the strangest thing I have ever seen, but none the less hilarious!

That would be Nicky Armstrong and she and her penny farthing are the
61st fastest hillclimber in WA in 2006.
http://www.atta.asn.au/
results
wa hillclimb results 05 feb 2006

Gumby said:
M Bison wrote:
> I rode past a penny farthing today in Fremantle today, complete with
> trailer with a rather fat looking stuffed penguin it. The penguin had a
> Linux t-shirt on it.
>
> Was it anyone here?
>
> Was the strangest thing I have ever seen, but none the less hilarious!

That would be Nicky Armstrong and she and her penny farthing are the
61st fastest hillclimber in WA in 2006.
http://www.atta.asn.au/
results
wa hillclimb results 05 feb 2006
Wasn't Nicky also women's world penny farthing champion?

SteveA

On 2006-02-26, M Bison (aka Bruce)
> I rode past a penny farthing today in Fremantle today, complete with
> trailer with a rather fat looking stuffed penguin it. The penguin had a
> Linux t-shirt on it.
>
> Was it anyone here?

Dunno, but on a slightly related note, Perth LUG member Leon Brooks
was hospitalised Saturday night after a car accident (no more details
than that) -- he's in intensive care with severe head injuries.

--
TimC
According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics