Liquigas riding Campagnolo electronic shifting...

Powerful Pete

May 29, 2004
With pics. Taken from here, on procycling.be. I am surprised how 'clean' the setup looks (although I cannot get over the battery pack on the bottom of the bottlecage).

more pics on 'Campy Only'

http://www.campyonly.com/rumors.html (scroll down for the pics)

from Campy Only:

"The system is looking more finished than ever, but we will say again that this gruppo is the answer to the question nobody asked. Look at the battery under the bottle cage, the hefty plunger that works the front mech, and the heavy duty wire that is run (with zip ties, no less) all the way to the rear of the bike. Why would you carry all this stuff and have to put up with worrying about a dead battery out on the road that will turn your 20-speed into a 1-speed? Having said that, we will once again predict that, no matter how expensive the electronic system is, Campagnolo will sell every single one that they make."

For me-Id be happy with a servo/solenoid controlled front derailleur, but not rear, but I know thats just me. If theres a shift I blow its the front (sm to big)and might be because I have kind of short fingers and dont always throw it far enough the first time. Also-it would be nice to not give the handlebar that big shove to get into the big ring like when your screaming down a descent after a steep climb and forget to put it in the big ring.

Powerful Pete said:
With pics. Taken from here, on procycling.be. I am surprised how 'clean' the setup looks (although I cannot get over the battery pack on the bottom of the bottlecage).
What a disappointment! You still have to initiate the shifts manually. How 80's retro.

I want one with electrodes implanted in my helmet so that it senses when I'm thinking about shifting and does it automatically.

Probably crashes even worse than normal equipment, and costs twice as much to replace!

I am all about new gear but this seem like the answer to an un-asked question. :confused:

Whats next a motor?

Retro Grouch said:
What a disappointment! You still have to initiate the shifts manually. How 80's retro.

I want one with electrodes implanted in my helmet so that it senses when I'm thinking about shifting and does it automatically.

bahahahaha, hilarious. Yet, could be so true in the future..

The next technology would be to add a miniature dynamo in the Ultra-Torque BB/Crank setup so that the battery is always fully charged! ;)

sogood said:
The next technology would be to add a miniature dynamo in the Ultra-Torque BB/Crank setup so that the battery is always fully charged! ;)
===========================================================
Solar panel on the helmet = no battery?:)

Bigbananabike said:
Solar panel on the helmet = no battery?:)
Just don't even think about changing gears when inside a tunnel... Or over the team radio, "Dark cloud approaching, Down shift your gears now!!!" :rolleyes:

Powerful Pete said:

Campy electronic shifting is a WMD... Let's invade italy!

I've asked the question wouldn't it be nice to be able to shift from the aero bars or the brake hoods without buying a second bike?