List of ?useful? links

Discussion in 'General Fitness' started by 214Fells, Dec 20, 2005.

  1. In article <[email protected]>,
    214Fells <[email protected]> writes
    >Any newcomers to walking, etc may find the following web-sites
    >useful.....
    >
    >(Mainly) Lake District
    >
    >http://www.stridingedge.net
    >http://www.madaboutmountains.com
    >http://www.davidhalllakedistrictwalks.co.uk
    >http://www.leaney.org
    >http://www.wainwright.org.uk
    >
    >Weather
    >
    >http://www.mwis.org.uk
    >http://www.metcheck.com
    >http://www.lake-district.gov.uk/weatherline/home/index.php

    The Met Office also do a Snowdonia forecast paid for by the Welsh
    Assembly

    http://www.met-office.gov.uk/loutdoor/mountainsafety/snowdonia.html

    >Misc
    >
    >http://luphen.org.uk
    >http://v-g.me.uk
    >http://lee-perry.co.uk
    >http://www.peewiglet.com
    >http://www.hill-bagging.co.uk
    >http://www.sub3000.com
    >
    >Apologies if I've missed your site out.....
    >
    >Happy Christmas to all....

    and a crisp, snowy start to the new year :)

    --

    Dominic Sexton

  2. Lindsay

    Lindsay Guest

    I'll just add mine as I feel left out but there is no reference to The
    Lakes. All Scottish.

    www.caledoniahilltreks.com

    don't do Xmas - will be somewhere in the mountains instead.

    Lindsay.

  3. I'll just add mine as well - not sure how 'useful' it is, but some
    people might find it interesting:

    http://www.wheresthepath.com

    Trip reports from Hill Bagging (County tops & Marilyn's) and Long
    distance paths including the SWCP and London Loop

    Happy Christmas!

    James.

  4. Thanks for including my site:
    http://www.hill-bagging.co.uk

    Some of you may be interested in a new feature I've added... you can
    now register with the site and log your own progress against various
    mountain lists (England and Wales only, at the moment), then review
    your achievements on the map pages.

    Cheers, Simon

  5. 214Fells

    214Fells Guest

    WheresThePath.com wrote:
    > I'll just add mine as well - not sure how 'useful' it is, but some
    > people might find it interesting:
    >
    > http://www.wheresthepath.com
    >
    > Trip reports from Hill Bagging (County tops & Marilyn's) and Long
    > distance paths including the SWCP and London Loop
    >
    > Happy Christmas!
    >
    > James.

    Apologies to you James...I do find your site very useful. Just forgot
    to add it....

    David.