List your height (inches) and frame size (cm)

5' 11"
56 cm

Fits me perfectly.

Unfortunately, you are asking the wrong question. Calculating fit for a frame does not include height. Go try a fit calculator and find out for sure if your frame is too small.

Good luck.

Scott'sTrek1000 said:
Me: 5'7 1/2"
50cm

I think mine (frame that is) is too small

Probably, unless it's a compact frame. Compacts convert to regular size by adding 4 cm. In other words, a 50 cm compact (like Giant) is a 54 cm conventional road bike frame.

gntlmn said:
Probably, unless it's a compact frame. Compacts convert to regular size by adding 4 cm. In other words, a 50 cm compact (like Giant) is a 54 cm conventional road bike frame.

That's a poor generalization across the board. Depends on how the mfctr names the frame size (ie. virtual top tube is quite common), how sloped the top tube is, etc. etc.

jasong said:
That's a poor generalization across the board. Depends on how the mfctr names the frame size (ie. virtual top tube is quite common), how sloped the top tube is, etc. etc.
Agreed; there are all sorts of compacts. It's a pretty generic term, loosely applied to any frame without a level top tube.

I subscribe to the notion that you should ride the biggest frame you can handle. For me, that's a 56 cm and I am 5-5 1/2 with a 30" inseam. I have to lean the bike slightly at intersections.

6'-1", 59cm litespeed. top tube 57.5cm, 12cm stem.

as others have pointed out, look at the geometry of the bike. top tube and other lengths vary with manufacturer.

5' 11.5" 33.75" inseam
56 cm Dogma
Fits great! You will find the best fit calculators at:
wrenchscience.com
competitivecyclist.com

everyone is so tall
i am 4'11 feet tall, and my frame is 34 cm or 13.5 inchs. it is a little big for me but was the closest they had in my size, i dunno what my inseam is and i don't have a tape measure to find out

6'6" with 96cm inseam.
I've got a 66cm cannondale.

I'm interested to hear from the people who've posted with similar inseam and height to me...what (if any) adjustments have you made due to size? I got 180mm cranks. also, 63cm frames, why not larger? too hard (expensive) to find? top tube too long?

menglish6 said:
6'6" with 96cm inseam.
I've got a 66cm cannondale.

I'm interested to hear from the people who've posted with similar inseam and height to me...what (if any) adjustments have you made due to size? I got 180mm cranks. also, 63cm frames, why not larger? too hard (expensive) to find? top tube too long?
I didn't know that you can buy a 66cm bike (well not an 'off-the peg' one anyway) and you certainly can't in the UK, it took months waiting for my 63cm Trek to be delivered!!!! Apart from riding with a lot of seat post on show and three spacers on the stem, i've done nothing to adapt it as it feels good to ride.

I've been told by my local Orbea dealer that they can take your measurements and fax them to the factory to have a frame built to match for an additional £50 ($85 ???) on the cost price of the bike.

I'm 5'7" too and ride a 52. The wise thinking is that the smaller your frame the lower your centre of gravity so you corner better. So I guess that 50/52 doesn't make a lot of difference. You can always a get a longer/shorter stem and seat post to accomodate your arm/leg length.

why not log on to the Flandria site (www.flandriabikes.com) or the Airborne one (www.airbornecycles.com) and measure yourself up as per their instructions? That way you'll know if your riding to small.

Scott'sTrek1000 said:
Me: 5'7 1/2"
50cm

I think mine (frame that is) is too small

6' (183 cm)- inseam 35" (89 cm)
Frame: -Cannondale optimo 58 cm, TT=57,5 with 110mm stem
-Marinoni Squadra 59 cm c-c, TT=57,5 with 110mm stem