List your height (inches) and frame size (cm)

6'2" on an '05, 60cm Trek 2100

One LBS tried to put me on a 58cm. I went to three LBS and the third one told me that I need a 60cm and all they had was a 58cm. They special ordered it for me. The frame size is perfect. I have arms like a T-Rex (really short) and the standard stem worked fine. The stem could have been 1cm shorter; however, I just rolled the handlebars up about 1 cm.

markcashion said:
I didn't know that you can buy a 66cm bike (well not an 'off-the peg' one anyway) and you certainly can't in the UK, it took months waiting for my 63cm Trek to be delivered!!!! Apart from riding with a lot of seat post on show and three spacers on the stem, i've done nothing to adapt it as it feels good to ride.

I've been told by my local Orbea dealer that they can take your measurements and fax them to the factory to have a frame built to match for an additional £50 ($85 ???) on the cost price of the bike.

Cannondale makes frames up to 66cm, they don't actually make full bikes above 63cm though. So you have to order the frame (my lbs for some reason had a 66cm in stock) and all the parts and have it put together. This turns out to be a fair bit cheaper than having a frame custom built though.

regarding the Orbea, is that for any size? They'll build a custom sized frame for you for only an extra $80? That's impressive.

menglish6 said:
Cannondale makes frames up to 66cm, they don't actually make full bikes above 63cm though. So you have to order the frame (my lbs for some reason had a 66cm in stock) and all the parts and have it put together. This turns out to be a fair bit cheaper than having a frame custom built though.

regarding the Orbea, is that for any size? They'll build a custom sized frame for you for only an extra $80? That's impressive.

As i understand it, you order a bike as normal and the Orbea dealer takes your measurements and faxes to the factory in Spain, where the frame will be tailored to suit. I don't know how it works for where you are and if the $80 is accurate (i used a quick currency converter on £50).

Sounds to good to be true, there's got to be a catch somewhere!

5'10" 88cm inseam = 61cm Rivendell road bike
The frame geometry is more relaxed so what most would view as a too-large frame actually fits me perfectly and is amazingly comfortable (but it's not a "racing" bike). There is no univeral height-to-framesize equation since all bikes are different.

5'8 1/2
roughly 52cm

Top tube custom length because I have short legs and longer torso. When I sit down, I am usually as tall (sitting) as someone roughly 6'

Long torso and short legs = custom frame... but if I had to pick a stock frame, 52cm would be about as close as I could get to a good fit.

And I'm one of the shortest yet again.... wish I were a girl so I wouldn't have to worry about looking handsome and tall and imposing and manly and knightly and *goes off into a corner and cries*

5'5"
49cm
29" inseam
130 lbs

Guys, I don't wanna be a smarta$$, but just giving a cm# without saying c-c, c-t, c-t of extended seat, or at least the brand of the frame does not mean much! There is a 4cm difference between a Trek 52cm and a Lemond 52 cm!!
Don't forget that also top tube is important.

I'm 6'2 and ridden several different makes and different sizes in each. Trek i fit in a 57. Ridden a 60cm Lemond Zurich and felt great. It's gonna vary. That said, you bike DOES sound small.

Scott'sTrek1000 said:
Me: 5'7 1/2"
50cm

I think mine (frame that is) is too small
6'0" tall 31-32 inseam but long torso and arms. I was on a 56 frame, but felt that the top tube (56 cm) was too short even with a 130 stem. I just bought a 57 cm frame (56.5 top tube) and the larger frame allows me to lower the bar height for a more stretched out and comfy position. The early impression on the 57 (85 miles so far) is that it's a perfect fit.

It's important to note that there are more factors to an ideal fit than seat tube length. Lance Armstrong is 5'10" and he rides a 58 cm Trek, while Alessandro Petacchi is 6'1" and he rides a 54 cm Pinarello (silly long 58.5 top tube though). You have to try different brands to find the one with the most suitable geometry. Then tweak it with the ideal seat position and stem height/length.
:cool: