List your height (inches) and frame size (cm)

height - 71"
inseam - 30"
frame - 56cm
stem - 90mm(switched out stock 120 and now this bike fits GREAT)

I'm a bit of a crank length stresser [ie which length would suit me best] & with so many replies to this thread it is a shame CL wasn't included.

5' 10...........83 cm inseam [32.6"]...........50cm compact,lots of seat post showing........175 cranks [a bit long for me I think]

Greetings,

I have already posted on this topic but I thought I'd reply to your point about the absence of crank length. Though inseam has been given in many of the responses the original post only asked for height.

My height is also 5'10" but I have an inseam of 30 inches. This makes me disproportionately long up top.

The size of my frames are in the vicinity of 51 - 52 cm c-c. The first frame I started with was 55 cm c-c with a 80 mm stem. Now I use stem lengths in the vicinity of 120 mm.

I use 170 mm cranks now but have used as small as 165 mm. I found the latter to be too short.

I ride only older (20 years or older) bikes that I have built up myself. The frames on these older bikes are more stretched out (longer top tubes and chain stays) than is typical today.

Albert 50 said:
I'm a bit of a crank length stresser [ie which length would suit me best] & with so many replies to this thread it is a shame CL wasn't included.

5' 10...........83 cm inseam [32.6"]...........50cm compact,lots of seat post showing........175 cranks [a bit long for me I think]

willowcrew said:
I'm 5`11 (181cm) and i'm using a GIANT (small) I found the Medium a bit uncomfortable.
artemidorus said:
Wow, you are the tallest "small" frame rider I've heard of.
That's for sure! I am 5'7" (170 cm) and have just upgraded to a medium Giant compact - the small had a huge amount of seatpost sticking up.

roshea said:
That's for sure! I am 5'7" (170 cm) and have just upgraded to a medium Giant compact - the small had a huge amount of seatpost sticking up.
Actually i did get the Giant TCR medium size initially, but than i found that i couldn't ride for more than 10 km without wrist pain. Finally decided to have it changed to a small. The benefit was immediate. Although i might change the stem lenght sometime down the line.

Hey roshea does your Medium fit well as stock or wat? Cuz i know of a guy who's just over 6 foot and he used to ride a giant Medium.

willocrew said:
Actually i did get the Giant TCR medium size initially, but than i found that i couldn't ride for more than 10 km without wrist pain. Finally decided to have it changed to a small. The benefit was immediate. Although i might change the stem lenght sometime down the line.
From the little I know, wrist pain is normally due to having too much weight on your hands, maybe due to the seat being angled down at the front.

willocrew said:
Hey roshea does your Medium fit well as stock or wat? Cuz i know of a guy who's just over 6 foot and he used to ride a giant Medium.
I only just got the OCR in medium (ridden it twice so far) so I haven't got it completely setup just yet. I am hoping to swap to a slightly shorter stem (maybe 90 mm instead of the standard 110 mm) but that is probably all I will need to do. The small TCR was not too bad for me (I am probably on the border between the two sizes), but the steeper geometry (lower handlebars) was not ideal - could have been fixed with a taller stem. Giant have changed the geometry over the years and introduced extra sizes, so I would not be surprised if your friend was comfortable on an older "medium". Today's "medium / large" size would probably be perfect.

roshea said:
From the little I know, wrist pain is normally due to having too much weight on your hands, maybe due to the seat being angled down at the front.

I only just got the OCR in medium (ridden it twice so far) so I haven't got it completely setup just yet. I am hoping to swap to a slightly shorter stem (maybe 90 mm instead of the standard 110 mm) but that is probably all I will need to do. The small TCR was not too bad for me (I am probably on the border between the two sizes), but the steeper geometry (lower handlebars) was not ideal - could have been fixed with a taller stem. Giant have changed the geometry over the years and introduced extra sizes, so I would not be surprised if your friend was comfortable on an older "medium". Today's "medium / large" size would probably be perfect.
183 cm / 6 feet tall, 75 kg. I'm currently riding a Scott Speedster S6, and the size is X-Large or 58 cm.

I think that both the 58 and the 56 cm frames are equally good matches for my size, but the man in the shop thought that the 58 cm was the better match, and frankly I couldn't be happier with it! It's like it taylor made for my body and I can ride for hours with no major discomfort (apart from fatigue, lol). :)