List your summer riding goals!

g19glock1

New Member
May 24, 2003
I just finished reading the thread Lance and Bike Pain and it made me think about some of the issues that I go through and some of the goals that I have set for myself for this years riding season.

My Goals for this season are fairly simple:

1. Ride 5000 miles in the season.

2. Ride at least one century.

I am currently trying to ride 30 to 50 miles per day 6 days a week with 1 rest day.

What about the recumbent societys goals for the season? Do most of you have them or not?

I would like to know what types of goals each of you establish with yourself for the season.

I appreciate all your comments and the insights that I gain from this forum.

thank you

kim:cool:

I want to break 2 minutes in the 1k TT at Northbrook! I'll still be the slowest slug there, but I
want to be faster than I was last year.

"g19glock1" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I just finished reading the thread Lance and Bike Pain and it made me think about some of the
> issues that I go through and some of the goals that I have set for myself for this years
> riding season.
>
> My Goals for this season are fairly simple:
>
> 1. Ride 5000 miles in the season.
>
> 2. Ride at least one century.
>
> I am currently trying to ride 30 to 50 miles per day 6 days a week with 1 rest day.
>
> What about the recumbent societys goals for the season? Do most of you have them or not?
>
> I would like to know what types of goals each of you establish with yourself for the season.
>
> I appreciate all your comments and the insights that I gain from this forum.
>
> thank you
>
> kim:cool:

Harv: you are not the slowest one there,i am, don't forget i am old,fat bald,ugly and VERY slow and
as you know i am underated. Thank you Earl GRR,RANS V2 Ti Rush,Ti Pursuit

Primary goal: 50 Km 'most' every day of the week.

Secondary goals: BRAG, CSC & SAGBRAW. Lead/ride as many club rides as I can.

Goals met: 1200 mile trip including Bike Florida - self-supported but for the BF portion.

"g19glock1" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I just finished reading the thread Lance and Bike Pain and it made me think about some of the
> issues that I go through and some of the goals that I have set for myself for this years
> riding season.
>
> My Goals for this season are fairly simple:
>
> 1. Ride 5000 miles in the season.
>
> 2. Ride at least one century.
>
> I am currently trying to ride 30 to 50 miles per day 6 days a week with 1 rest day.
>
> What about the recumbent societys goals for the season? Do most of you have them or not?
>
> I would like to know what types of goals each of you establish with yourself for the season.
>
> I appreciate all your comments and the insights that I gain from this forum.
>
> thank you
>
> kim:cool:

WooHoo! I did my century plus today. 109.5 miles, 5 hours and 40 mins.

All is well.

Originally posted by Doug Huffman
Primary goal: 50 Km 'most' every day of the week.

Secondary goals: BRAG, CSC & SAGBRAW. Lead/ride as many club rides as I can.

Goals met: 1200 mile trip including Bike Florida - self-supported but for the BF portion.

"g19glock1" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I just finished reading the thread Lance and Bike Pain and it made me think about some of the
> issues that I go through and some of the goals that I have set for myself for this years
> riding season.
>
> My Goals for this season are fairly simple:
>
> 1. Ride 5000 miles in the season.
>
> 2. Ride at least one century.
>
> I am currently trying to ride 30 to 50 miles per day 6 days a week with 1 rest day.
>
> What about the recumbent societys goals for the season? Do most of you have them or not?
>
> I would like to know what types of goals each of you establish with yourself for the season.
>
> I appreciate all your comments and the insights that I gain from this forum.
>
> thank you
>
> kim:cool:

I don't have Summer goals. I have season goals, and then Summer schedule :_)

Season goals:

4000 total km.

Bent conversion.

200 km ride single day. (Primary goal, but dunno what that means :eek:)

Start racing.

Work on all-around cycling prowess, ie. also sprints, time trials and anaerobic stuff. Ride faster
than ever before.

That about sums it ... :)

g19glock1 <[email protected]> wrote in news:3ed0b052$1_3 @news.chariot.net.au:

> I just finished reading the thread Lance and Bike Pain and it made me think about some of the
> issues that I go through and some of the goals that I have set for myself for this years
> riding season.
>
> My Goals for this season are fairly simple:
>
> 1. Ride 5000 miles in the season.
>
> 2. Ride at least one century.
>
> I am currently trying to ride 30 to 50 miles per day 6 days a week with 1 rest day.
>
> What about the recumbent societys goals for the season? Do most of you have them or not?
>
> I would like to know what types of goals each of you establish with yourself for the season.
>
> I appreciate all your comments and the insights that I gain from this forum.
>
> thank you
>
> kim:cool:

Ride some miles in the season. Live at least one century. I am currently trying to work 8-12 hours
5-6 days a week. Ride when it suits me :)

g19glock1 <[email protected]> wrote in news:3ed0b052$1_3 @news.chariot.net.au:

> I just finished reading the thread Lance and Bike Pain and it made me think about some of the
> issues that I go through and some of the goals that I have set for myself for this years
> riding season.
>
> My Goals for this season are fairly simple:
>
> 1. Ride 5000 miles in the season.
>
> 2. Ride at least one century.
>
> I am currently trying to ride 30 to 50 miles per day 6 days a week with 1 rest day.
>
> What about the recumbent societys goals for the season? Do most of you have them or not?
>
> I would like to know what types of goals each of you establish with yourself for the season.
>
> I appreciate all your comments and the insights that I gain from this forum.
>
> thank you
>
> kim:cool:

Didn't mean to make sport of your post, just gets a bit tedious sometimes for those of us who have
to struggle to find time to ride once or twice a week. Peace. :)

MLB <[email protected]> wrote in news:[email protected]:

> g19glock1 <[email protected]> wrote in news:3ed0b052$1_3 @news.chariot.net.au:

>> I would like to know what types of goals each of you establish with yourself for the season.
>>
>> I appreciate all your comments and the insights that I gain from this forum.
>>
>> thank you
>>
>> kim:cool:
>>

>> --
>>

> Didn't mean to make sport of your post, just gets a bit tedious sometimes for those of us who have
> to struggle to find time

or health

rorschandt-- <A HREF="mailto:postmaster@[127.0.0.1]"

g19glock1 <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...

> What about the recumbent societys goals for the season? Do most of you have them or not?
>
> I would like to know what types of goals each of you establish with yourself for the season.
>
> I appreciate all your comments and the insights that I gain from this forum.
>
> thank you
>
> kim:cool:

With all the warnings and terrorism, I'd be very happy if they ever finish the bike path from San
Francisco (75 miles north) to Monterey (40 miles south) Short term goal: enjoy my ride tomorrow as I
did today. Long term goal: promote velomobiles in this area!

Chris Jordan Santa Cruz, CA.

Didn't mean to make sport of your post, just gets a bit tedious sometimes for those of us who have
to struggle to find time to ride once or twice a week. Peace. :) [/B]

No offense taken, know what you mean. I raised 3 girls and two boys with last one graduating this week. I have only gotten back into riding in the last two years. Now I can find the time. Good luck to you and hope that you prosper!

I suppose my goals will be small by comparison. I want to ride across Oklahoma on Freewheel <http://www.okfreewheel.com>, do some self contained rides, the Midwest Recumbent Rally and Hotter 'n Hell 100.

Derek

Originally posted by g19glock1
I just finished reading the thread Lance and Bike Pain and it made me think about some of the issues that I go through and some of the goals that I have set for myself for this years riding season.

My Goals for this season are fairly simple:

1. Ride 5000 miles in the season.

2. Ride at least one century.

I am currently trying to ride 30 to 50 miles per day 6 days a week with 1 rest day.

What about the recumbent societys goals for the season? Do most of you have them or not?

I would like to know what types of goals each of you establish with yourself for the season.

I appreciate all your comments and the insights that I gain from this forum.

thank you

kim:cool:

In article <[email protected]>,
bentcruiser <[email protected]> wrote:

> g19glock1 wrote:
> > I just finished reading the thread Lance and Bike Pain and it made me think about some of the
> > issues that I go through and some of the goals that I have set for myself for this years
> > riding season. My Goals for this season are fairly simple:
> > 1. Ride 5000 miles in the season.
> > 2. Ride at least one century.
>
> I suppose my goals will be small by comparison. I want to ride across Oklahoma on Freewheel
> <http://www.okfreewheel.com>, do some self contained rides, the Midwest Recumbent Rally and Hotter
> 'n Hell 100.

My goals are simple:

1) Ride frequently (as weather permits)
2) Ride further as the season goes on. (except when out of the country, of course.)

Andy

My biggest goal is to commute on my 'bent three days per week. It's a pretty hilly 17 miles (1-way),
which I usually cover using my DF and the local bus. If I can manage a M-W-F recumbent commute, with
the bus/bike DF combo on Tue and Thu, I'll be happy, and I'll put in over 2500 miles for the season.

You better watch out Earl. I know the secret to speedy riding style. I'm gonna' buy a pair of red
sweat pants. "Under estimated and slow Bent" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Harv: you are not the slowest one there,i am, don't forget i am old,fat
bald,ugly and
> VERY slow and as you know i am underated. Thank you Earl GRR,RANS V2 Ti Rush,Ti Pursuit

"Christopher Jordan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

Short term goal: enjoy my ride tomorrow as I did
> today. Long term goal: promote velomobiles in this area!

Excellent goals Christopher. I'm not sure how velomobiles will fit in to our society in the future,
but your enjoyment and use of them is the starting point for any promotional effort.

skip