Listen to music while riding?

Aside from the safety aspect, it may be against the law in your state. Chances are that if it is against the law to wear headphones while driving a car in MA, it is against the law to wear headphones while riding your bicycle.

Yes, it's likely the case. Some people just don't know. Maybe they even don't care. But it's for their own good since there are risks to doing so.

I would do it if I was riding a trainer indoors, but never outside. It's too dangerous, both for you and the other cyclists/peds you encounter.

That's a simple yet crucial reminder for all of us. We need to be aware of other people. We're not just taking care of ourselves. We're also capable of helping or causing potential harm to others.

I definitely understand what you're saying. Well, I've seen other riders playing music in a relatively low volume. It's only loud enough to be heard by them but hardly attracts attention from other people.

Anyway, it's up to us on how we'll go about our daily activities. I hope you find a safe way to listen while riding.
listening to low volume on our headset is enough, enough for us to become aware around us. There're are so many accidents in our country because of using headset, one of them actually die because she was hits by train,

That's nice. I also prefer riding in quiet parts of the neighborhood. But I know what you mean. Busy streets tend to be noisy. So you won't likely hear music properly while you're there.

Most of the time when I'm biking alone on a secluded or quiet path it's nice to hear some music, not load or noisy but just enough to hear the best and melody, this gets my rhythm on and helps in relaxing my breathing.

listening to low volume on our headset is enough, enough for us to become aware around us. There're are so many accidents in our country because of using headset, one of them actually die because she was hits by train,

It could help. It's generally recommended to not use headsets while riding or walking outside. It's just too risky. And it's sad that it happened. People lose their lives due to it.

Most of the time when I'm biking alone on a secluded or quiet path it's nice to hear some music, not load or noisy but just enough to hear the best and melody, this gets my rhythm on and helps in relaxing my breathing.

Me too. I feel like I'm in a movie or something. :)

It reminds me of bike scenes where there's beautiful music playing. It gets me in the mood to narrate my life leading up to it. I like how peaceful surroundings relax our nerves.

It could help. It's generally recommended to not use headsets while riding or walking outside. It's just too risky. And it's sad that it happened. People lose their lives due to it.
That's why if people can't handle that, or be aware surroundings while using the headset, they should stop doing it, or else, the simple headset gonna be the cause of their accident and the worst is death.

That's why if people can't handle that, or be aware surroundings while using the headset, they should stop doing it, or else, the simple headset gonna be the cause of their accident and the worst is death.

I know, right? People should listen to good reason. Our lives are important. We should safeguard it from disastrous events.

I know, right? People should listen to good reason. Our lives are important. We should safeguard it from disastrous events.
But well, accident is accident, even you doing a lot of safety procedures, if the other drivers are reckless, it's still doesn't matter. We should just be extra careful and well, pray.

Reactions: Steve5
It mostly depends on the area that I'm going to be biking in. If I know that I'm going to be sharing the road with pedestrians, motorists, and other cyclists, then I'd rather not have my headphones in. Situations where other people are involved, especially cars, require situational awareness. I don't want to be oblivious to a car that might be speeding in my direction while others are yelling for me to get out of the way. I know it's kind of an unlikely scenario, but it has happened to people before, and you never know what your luck will be like.

But well, accident is accident, even you doing a lot of safety procedures, if the other drivers are reckless, it's still doesn't matter. We should just be extra careful and well, pray.

I like how you put it. Accidents are hard to avoid. It's mostly just our tendencies to not actively avoid them. Like doing dangerous stuff that makes them more likely to happen. So prayers is the number one means of intervention from such awful stuff.

It mostly depends on the area that I'm going to be biking in. If I know that I'm going to be sharing the road with pedestrians, motorists, and other cyclists, then I'd rather not have my headphones in. Situations where other people are involved, especially cars, require situational awareness. I don't want to be oblivious to a car that might be speeding in my direction while others are yelling for me to get out of the way. I know it's kind of an unlikely scenario, but it has happened to people before, and you never know what your luck will be like.

I know what you mean. Too many of us don't take the proper precautions. Especially, in situations that require it. Like with what you said, we can't be too sure about our surroundings. Busy streets and active places are accident prone areas.

And that's how accidents occur. Like the health professionals always say, prevention is better than cure. So always opt for safety when it comes to riding outside.
I agree with what you are pointing out here. It is just that some riders are unruly. They cannot be controlled and asked to stop doing this. I think that they need to be oriented with the risks of wearing headphones while riding especially in busy streets.

I agree with what you are pointing out here. It is just that some riders are unruly. They cannot be controlled and asked to stop doing this. I think that they need to be oriented with the risks of wearing headphones while riding especially in busy streets.

Maybe what they need is a visit from the ghost of Christmas Future. Something that will give them the chills to never attempt such an awful thing again. It's like they're being careless with their lives. :D

I can't ride without earphones i made a list of tracks for my solo rides

It's fine. Just make sure you're not putting yourself in dangerous situations. Like riding in busy streets or anywhere you can easily get hit by moving vehicles.

If you are cycling indoors you can amp up the music. Wear earphones if you prefer. But if you are cycling outdoors I would not recommend it. This might cause an accident. Lots of accidents happen due to some people wearing earphones while walking, driving and cycling. I know someone who got hit by a motorcycle because when he was cycling he didn't hear the beep of the motorcycle. Apparently, he was wearing an earphone.

I, personally, listen to music even while I'm riding and travelling. I mean its fun and it makes my adventure more alive. It prevents me to feel tired instead I felt so energetic because it fuels up my spirit to go on what I wanted to do. Sometimes I sing out loud on the road, eventhough there are some people looking at me. Some might call it distraction, but for me its a special bonus that I should cherish. Every day I listen to music and I'm not comfortable if I with music as my companion.

I, personally, listen to music even while I'm riding and travelling. I mean its fun and it makes my adventure more alive. It prevents me to feel tired instead I felt so energetic because it fuels up my spirit to go on what I wanted to do. Sometimes I sing out loud on the road, eventhough there are some people looking at me. Some might call it distraction, but for me its a special bonus that I should cherish. Every day I listen to music and I'm not comfortable if I with music as my companion.

It may be a "bonus" to you, but its dangerous and threatens the safety of others on the road around you. If cyclist want to get respect from other road users, we have to abide by the laws and ride safely with no distractions.

It may be a "bonus" to you, but its dangerous and threatens the safety of others on the road around you. If cyclist want to get respect from other road users, we have to abide by the laws and ride safely with no distractions.

Yes, it's really an issue. I guess it's okay if you're riding in a place where there's no one around. Like a park with no moving vehicles. But doing this in busy streets is like asking for trouble.