LiteSpeed or Seven

Wrigly

Jul 10, 2005
I'm thinking of buying a titanium bike. Who do you guys think makes the best frame, LiteSpeed or Seven.

Thanks in advance.

If it were me I'd go with the Seven, but LiteSpeed is running a -$1000 promotion right now. Either way you aren't going to be disappointed.

artmichalek said:
If it were me I'd go with the Seven, but LiteSpeed is running a -$1000 promotion right now. Either way you aren't going to be disappointed.
I bought my Litespeed about 4 years ago and I'm not disappointed one bit; don't want to ride anything else. I love the bike to the point of saying she has a soul, but have never ridden a Seven, cost too much for me. I messed up one of the decals, emailed Litespeed asking if they could send me just the one I messed up, and they sent me 4 complete sets and two Litespeed water bottles! I call that service.

Litespeed. Got mine a few months ago and love every second of riding it. In fact, today I upgraded the staddle to carbon saddle. Now she's perfect.

Wrigly said:
I'm thinking of buying a titanium bike. Who do you guys think makes the best frame, LiteSpeed or Seven.

Thanks in advance.

More people are going to have experience with the Litespeeds than the SEVEN's. SEVEN bikes are exclusive high end bikes. They will tailor their bike to your exact measurements and to your riding style. The SEVEN will fit you like a glove. The Litespeed you will be buying off the shelf. I am not saying that Litespeed makes a bad bike, they make a great bike, but SEVEN are basically custom bikes that cost a whole lot more and are very exclusive and apparently sweet bikes.

If you go to www.pezcyclingnews.com under their Tech N' Spec area you will find their review of a SEVEN bike. They also might have a review of a Litespeed but I am not sure. My understanding is that they are relatively unbiased in their reviews. They guy has ridden tons of bikes and basically salivated over the SEVEN.

My opinion is that if you are financially able to and want to spend the kind of money that it takes to get a SEVEN then get one. You will probably never want another bike unless from them. If you don't want to lay out that kind of cash then go with the Litespeed.

Let us know what you choose.

have fun ridding

BrianCRPS said:
More people are going to have experience with the Litespeeds than the SEVEN's. SEVEN bikes are exclusive high end bikes. They will tailor their bike to your exact measurements and to your riding style. The SEVEN will fit you like a glove. The Litespeed you will be buying off the shelf. I am not saying that Litespeed makes a bad bike, they make a great bike, but SEVEN are basically custom bikes that cost a whole lot more and are very exclusive and apparently sweet bikes.

If you go to www.pezcyclingnews.com under their Tech N' Spec area you will find their review of a SEVEN bike. They also might have a review of a Litespeed but I am not sure. My understanding is that they are relatively unbiased in their reviews. They guy has ridden tons of bikes and basically salivated over the SEVEN.

My opinion is that if you are financially able to and want to spend the kind of money that it takes to get a SEVEN then get one. You will probably never want another bike unless from them. If you don't want to lay out that kind of cash then go with the Litespeed.

Let us know what you choose.

have fun ridding

uummmm I believe that you can order a custom Litespeed...for an extra $500 I believe.

Rudy said:
uummmm I believe that you can order a custom Litespeed...for an extra $500 I believe.
I stand corrected. I didn't realize that they sell sutom frames. However I still stand by the SEVEN bike being a better bike, but that you have to pay for it. It's kind of like trying to choose between buying a ferrari/lamborghini or a porshe. They both make great high end cars but porshe also makes cars that look basically identical to the cars that they sell cheap while ferari and lamborghini only sell the high end cars. Sorry about the car analogy. Also I think SEVEN has some bike designs that Litespeed doesn't

Have fun picking between two really good bikes.

I know nothing about Seven. But I ride a '95(?) Litespeed Ocoee. Fantastic bike. I had intended it to be the last bike I ever buy. So far, so good, (except I had to buy a touring bike in France.) Just make SURE the bike fits, which ever one you go with, which means either a custom build, or a bike you can test ride extensively.

I think the differency is purely philisophical. Both companies build extremely good frames. Litespeed specializes in stock sizing, but offers custom. Seven specializes in custom sizing, but offers stock. Different focuses with the same end results. The only real difference is that Litespeed leans towards a lot of shaped tubes, while Seven keeps them pretty round. Marketing aside, neither is really superior and it comes down to a question of aesthetics.

Durangodave said:
I know nothing about Seven. But I ride a '95(?) Litespeed Ocoee. Fantastic bike. I had intended it to be the last bike I ever buy. So far, so good, (except I had to buy a touring bike in France.) Just make SURE the bike fits, which ever one you go with, which means either a custom build, or a bike you can test ride extensively.

The last bike that you'll ever buy? hehe ...we'll see...

Anyway FWIW...Litespeed is about to come out with a new compact Vortex...weighs around 2.4 lbs..it looks sweet.

One thing about the Ti ride though...nothing like it..maybe a very good steel ...but nope.

i ride a cannondale six13 with zipp 404s and a litespeed siena. I like the siena far more (even tho it is a far less expensive bike). unfortunatly i got hit by a car while riding my litespeed. I sent it to litespeed and with in about a month i would say, they sent me my frame back completely re-finished ( i have a feeling it was a completely new frame, but they wouldn;t do that would they?). Bottom line, which ever titanium bike you choose, you will be getting very smooth ride that will probably last your entire life.

let us kno what you choose. good luck!

Rudy said:
Anyway FWIW...Litespeed is about to come out with a new compact Vortex...weighs around 2.4 lbs..it looks sweet.
I tried to order a 2005 Teramo through my LBS, but the wait time is 3-4 weeks. Other bike stores in the area don't have small Teramo's in stock, but I can get a great deal on a 2005 Sienna (for a little more than the Teramo).

Does anyone know when information about the 2006 models will be available? Can dealers start ordering and when would they start shipping?

I've heard/read rumours that there will be no more models which have carbon seatstays and integrated headsets.

If this is the case, maybe I should stay away from the 2005 Siena and wait for the 2006 models.

I plan to keep this bike a long time and am somewhat concerned about the longevity of carbon seatstays and the integrated headset. My current bike is a 15-year old Columbus SL (steel) Marinoni.

Thanks

Ever thought about a Trek? Lance cannot be wrong for 7 yrs. in a row! I ride a Madone 5.2 with Time RXS carbon pedals and love it!

Wrigly said:

Thanks in advance.

I also have a Trek 1500 that I love!

Wrigly said:

Thanks in advance.