Litespeed Tuscany 05 fit/shorter stem?

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Ti-Fan, Apr 13, 2005.

1. Ti-Fan

Ti-Fan New Member

just bought a new Litespeed Tuscany 05, which was delivered to me five days ago. My dealer sent my measurements to Litespeed and they sent a size 55 (although I thought that LS was going to send a 53)

I have only used the bike five days so far. The lenght of the seat tube feels perfect (53.3 cm, I have 84 cm inseam), as well as the saddle height (90.9 cm saddle to pedal) and the saddle to stem drop (5.5 cm). However the top tube feels a little long for a 100mm stem but better with a 90mm stem.

Before this bike I was using a Colnago that was too small and too short for me, so I know that part of the "problem" is letting my body get use to the new bike.

Should I move down to a size 53 in order to use a longer stem (100mm or 110mm) and raise the saddle and the handlebar accordingly (between 1.5 to 2 cm), or should I keep the 55 and use the 90mm stem?

Tags:

2. boudreaux

boudreaux New Member

How could anyone else possibly know?

3. king4wd

king4wd New Member

Stems are comparatively cheap. I'd say get a 90 and try both the 100 and the 90 and see which feels better. It would also be a lot quicker and easier to pick up a 90cm stem than return your frame and wait for a replacement. Heck, the cost of the stem would be about the same as the cost of shipping the frames.