litespeed tuscany or giant tcr composite

moyke

Jan 11, 2004
hi,

which do you guys figure is a better 2004 bike:

litespeed tuscany or giant tcr composite.

assume the parts are ultegra.

thanks.

Those are two great bikes that you're trying to choose between. I don't think you can go wrong with either of them. If it were me I'd go for the Tuscany because I've always loved that bike (of course like almost every other bike on the market they don't make a large enough frame for me)! It comes down to preference.

From what I understand the Tuscany is geared more towards riders who want to do long rides and be comfortable doing them. So I guess you'd be giving up a little snappiness and quickness for a more comfortable, compliant ride. I think the TCR is more of a straight-forward racing platform. Compact, stiff, efficient and fast.

I think meehs is more or less spot on. These are both top rate bikes (and I'd love to have the option of choosing). From the financial perspective, I'd go with the giant to save a few bucks, but if i had the cash i'd take the tuscany.

But that's me. As always, when you have the option of choosing between high quality products like this, it's far more important to do a few test rides and decide which feels better for you. Don't be afraid to go on some extensive test rides -- if you're going to drop some bucks, the LBS will let you take a few nice rides. You're choosing between more than just Ti or C/f, but also compact vs. traditional. You're really going to want to work out what you like and probably try some other bikes that combine what you like and don't...

Personally i'd choose the Giant. Stiffer frame, better looking. I'm not too enamoured with the bare, exposed look of titanium. Silver mountain bikes or bmx's look classic but silver road bikes just look odd to me.

Originally posted by moyke
hi,

which do you guys figure is a better 2004 bike:

litespeed tuscany or giant tcr composite.

assume the parts are ultegra.

thanks.
I have the TCR and love it. The one caviat would be that the TCR does not take a triple very well. Some have done it, but it is not recommended. The tuscany can accept either. The TCR transfers energy well and hence is a great climber. Comfortable on the long rides as well, absorbs road vibration quite well.