Litespeed Ultimate vs Vortex

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Downhill Jonny, Jul 27, 2004.

  1. Downhill Jonny

    Downhill Jonny New Member

    Joined:
    Jul 26, 2004
    :rolleyes: Trying to find out info as to which bike is a better buy (6ft4" about 150lbs) ride about 250 miles (350km) a week

    Tags:

  2. downhill-<< :rolleyes: Trying to find out info as to which bike is a better buy
    (6ft4" about 150lbs) ride about 250 miles (350km) a week >><BR><BR>

    Moots..............

    Peter Chisholm
    Vecchio's Bicicletteria
    1833 Pearl St.
    Boulder, CO, 80302
    (303)440-3535
    http://www.vecchios.com

  3. Qui si parla Campagnolo wrote:

    > downhill-<< :rolleyes: Trying to find out info as to which bike is a better buy
    > (6ft4" about 150lbs) ride about 250 miles (350km) a week >><BR><BR>
    >

    > Moots..............

    Seven.

  4. kwalters

    kwalters Guest

    Dave Stallard wrote:
    > Qui si parla Campagnolo wrote:
    >
    >> downhill-<< :rolleyes: Trying to find out info as to which bike is a
    >> better buy
    >> (6ft4" about 150lbs) ride about 250 miles (350km) a week >><BR><BR>
    >>

    >> Moots..............

    > Seven.

    by several hundred $$$.

  5. Tim McTeague

    Tim McTeague Guest

    "kwalters" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:410b23ca$0$212
    > > Seven.

    > by several hundred $$$.

    Seven Axiom custom frame $2695.00

    Litespeed Ultimate off the rack frame $3290.00

    Litespeed Vortex off the rack frame $3350.00

    Where do people get the idea that Seven is SO expensive compared to
    Litespeed?

    Tim McTeague

  6. andres muro

    andres muro Guest

    Habanero. However, after all the time he devoted to politics I don't
    know if the quality of his product has stayed the same.

    Andres

    [email protected] (Qui si parla Campagnolo ) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > downhill-<< :rolleyes: Trying to find out info as to which bike is a better buy
    > (6ft4" about 150lbs) ride about 250 miles (350km) a week >><BR><BR>
    >

    > Moots..............
    >
    > Peter Chisholm
    > Vecchio's Bicicletteria
    > 1833 Pearl St.
    > Boulder, CO, 80302
    > (303)440-3535
    > http://www.vecchios.com
    > "Ruote convenzionali costruite eccezionalmente bene"

  7. Newcombe

    Newcombe Guest

    Tim McTeague wrote:

    > Seven Axiom custom frame $2695.00
    >
    > Litespeed Ultimate off the rack frame $3290.00
    >
    > Litespeed Vortex off the rack frame $3350.00
    >
    > Where do people get the idea that Seven is SO expensive compared to
    > Litespeed?

    Serotta is more expensive than Seven too. To wit:

    Complete Seven road-frame price list:

    Model Tubing Frame
    Elium Cirrus TC™ Ultra-butted Ti and carbon fiber $3,595
    Alta Cirrus™ Ultra-butted Titanium $3,295
    Odonata Argen TC™ Butted Ti and carbon fiber $3,195
    Axiom Argen™ Butted titanium $2,695
    Alaris Integrity325™ Straight-gauge titanium $1,995
    Elium steel Origin SC™ Butted steel and carbon fiber $2,295
    Axiom steel Origin™ Butted steel $1,495

    Partial Serotta road-frame price list:

    Ottrott ST: $4995
    Ottrott: $4595
    Legend ST: $3695
    Legend: $3295

    Compare Legend/Legend ST to Axiom/Odonata.

    Dave

  8. Tim-<< Seven Axiom custom frame $2695.00

    Litespeed Ultimate off the rack frame $3290.00

    Litespeed Vortex off the rack frame $3350.00

    Where do people get the idea that Seven is SO expensive compared to
    Litespeed?

    Moots Vamoots-$2245-best of the lot IMO.

    Peter Chisholm
    Vecchio's Bicicletteria
    1833 Pearl St.
    Boulder, CO, 80302
    (303)440-3535
    http://www.vecchios.com

  9. Tim McTeague

    Tim McTeague Guest

    "Qui si parla Campagnolo " <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > Moots Vamoots-$2245-best of the lot IMO.
    >

    > Peter Chisholm

    But isn't that a straight gauge frame? If so, the Seven version, Alaris, is
    $1995. A better deal yet. Also, I don't think the Vamoots is custom at
    that price but I may be wrong. Also, also, aren't you a Moots dealer? Hmm.

    Tim McTeague

  10. H. M. Leary

    H. M. Leary Guest

    In article <[email protected]>,
    [email protected] (andres muro) wrote:

    > Habanero. However, after all the time he devoted to politics I don't
    > know if the quality of his product has stayed the same.
    >
    > Andres

    Just tell Mark you are a died in the wool ³publican.²....:)

    > [email protected] (Qui si parla Campagnolo ) wrote in message
    > news:<[email protected]>...
    > > downhill-<< :rolleyes: Trying to find out info as to which bike is a better
    > > buy
    > > (6ft4" about 150lbs) ride about 250 miles (350km) a week >><BR><BR>
    > >

    > > Moots..............
    > >
    > > Peter Chisholm
    > > Vecchio's Bicicletteria

    Is it one Moots two Mootseses??

  11. andres muro

    andres muro Guest

  12. On 1 Aug 2004 15:07:50 -0700, [email protected] (andres
    muro) wrote:

    >"H. M. Leary" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    >

    >> Is it one Moots two Mootseses??

    >No, two meets.

    Dear Sirs,

    Zoo check enclosed as per your latest catalogue.

    Please ship me two mongee--

    Please ship me two mongoo--

    Please ship me a mongoose.

    Thanks,

    Carl Fogel

    P.S. Come to think of it, ship me another.

  13. [email protected] wrote in message
    <[email protected]>...

    >Dear Sirs,
    >
    >Zoo check enclosed as per your latest catalogue.
    >
    >Please ship me two mongee--
    >
    >Please ship me two mongoo--
    >
    >Please ship me a mongoose.
    >
    >Thanks,
    >
    >Carl Fogel
    >
    >P.S. Come to think of it, ship me another.

    pl mongooses

    TJ

  14. On Mon, 2 Aug 2004 01:18:48 +0100, "Trevor Jeffrey"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >[email protected] wrote in message
    ><[email protected]>...
    >>
    >>Dear Sirs,
    >>
    >>Zoo check enclosed as per your latest catalogue.
    >>
    >>Please ship me two mongee--
    >>
    >>Please ship me two mongoo--
    >>
    >>Please ship me a mongoose.
    >>
    >>Thanks,
    >>
    >>Carl Fogel
    >>
    >>P.S. Come to think of it, ship me another.

    >pl mongooses
    >
    >TJ

    Dear Trevor,

    True, Dravidian words for animals do not use internal vowel
    gradation to form plurals, which distinguishes them from our
    few surviving Old English words for animals and anatomy,
    such as man/men, woman/women (double), mouse/mice,
    goose/geese, tooth/teeth, and foot/feet.

    This internal vowel gradation should not be confused with
    such pluralizations as knife/knives, life/lives, or
    wife/wives, which involve voicing of consonants.

    Nor should it be confused with the even rarer ox/oxen,
    child/children pluralizations, which involve an otherwise
    lost suffix and an excrescent -r.

    Pedantically,

    Carl Fogel

  15. [email protected] wrote in message ...
    >On Mon, 2 Aug 2004 01:18:48 +0100, "Trevor Jeffrey"
    >
    >Dear Trevor,
    >
    >True, Dravidian words for animals do not use internal vowel
    >gradation to form plurals, which distinguishes them from our
    >few surviving Old English words for animals and anatomy,
    >such as man/men, woman/women (double), mouse/mice,
    >goose/geese, tooth/teeth, and foot/feet.
    >
    >This internal vowel gradation should not be confused with
    >such pluralizations as knife/knives, life/lives, or
    >wife/wives, which involve voicing of consonants.
    >
    >Nor should it be confused with the even rarer ox/oxen,
    >child/children pluralizations, which involve an otherwise
    >lost suffix and an excrescent -r.
    >
    >Pedantically,
    >
    >Carl Fogel

    I know a mongoose is Indian, and the word is English, with reference to a
    dictionary of 2000 vintage the plural is mongooses. Just spotted "," after
    True, I see you are agreeing. 'Ave thou nowt better t'do?
    TJ
    adjust screen contrast TJ

  16. andres-<< Is it one Moots two Mootseses?? >><BR><BR>

    Mootsie

    Peter Chisholm
    Vecchio's Bicicletteria
    1833 Pearl St.
    Boulder, CO, 80302
    (303)440-3535
    http://www.vecchios.com

  17. Tim-<< But isn't that a straight gauge frame? >><BR><BR>

    Moots are good enough welders to use thin walled ti and not burn it. Double
    butting for ti is mostly marketing and to prevent welders from killing it.

    Custom Moots, add $350.

    And yep, we sell lots of Moots, the only ti we sell.

    Peter Chisholm
    Vecchio's Bicicletteria
    1833 Pearl St.
    Boulder, CO, 80302
    (303)440-3535
    http://www.vecchios.com

  18. Appkiller

    Appkiller Guest

    You're thinking of Mark Hickey.

    Peter has political opinions but he is generally more restrained about
    expressing them here than Mr. Hickey.

    And he has little to do with Habanero.

    App

  19. andres muro

    andres muro Guest

    [email protected] (Appkiller) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > You're thinking of Mark Hickey.
    >
    > Peter has political opinions but he is generally more restrained about
    > expressing them here than Mr. Hickey.
    >
    > And he has little to do with Habanero.
    >
    > App

    App:

    I know who Peter and Mark are: Peter was recommending Moots, and I
    added that a possible candidate for good Ti was Habanero. However, I
    questioned the quality since Mark had spent so much time involved in
    politics. I know that Peter has political views too.

    Andres

  20. Mark Hickey

    Mark Hickey Guest

    [email protected] (andres muro) wrote:

    >[email protected] (Appkiller) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    >> You're thinking of Mark Hickey.
    >>
    >> Peter has political opinions but he is generally more restrained about
    >> expressing them here than Mr. Hickey.
    >>
    >> And he has little to do with Habanero.

    Heh.

    >App:
    >
    > I know who Peter and Mark are: Peter was recommending Moots, and I
    >added that a possible candidate for good Ti was Habanero. However, I
    >questioned the quality since Mark had spent so much time involved in
    >politics.

    Hey, we all have hobbies... luckily I type fast and read faster, and
    don't need a lot of sleep. It might be different if I was actually
    the guy welding the frames - but I wouldn't be crazy enough to ride a
    frame I welded.

    Mark Hickey
    Habanero Cycles
    http://www.habcycles.com