Litespeed Ultimate vs Vortex

Downhill Jonny

New Member
Jul 26, 2004
:rolleyes: Trying to find out info as to which bike is a better buy (6ft4" about 150lbs) ride about 250 miles (350km) a week

downhill-<< :rolleyes: Trying to find out info as to which bike is a better buy
(6ft4" about 150lbs) ride about 250 miles (350km) a week >><BR><BR>

Moots..............

Peter Chisholm
Vecchio's Bicicletteria
1833 Pearl St.
Boulder, CO, 80302
(303)440-3535
http://www.vecchios.com

Qui si parla Campagnolo wrote:

> downhill-<< :rolleyes: Trying to find out info as to which bike is a better buy
> (6ft4" about 150lbs) ride about 250 miles (350km) a week >><BR><BR>
>

> Moots..............

Seven.

Dave Stallard wrote:
> Qui si parla Campagnolo wrote:
>
>> downhill-<< :rolleyes: Trying to find out info as to which bike is a
>> better buy
>> (6ft4" about 150lbs) ride about 250 miles (350km) a week >><BR><BR>
>>

>> Moots..............

> Seven.

by several hundred $$$.

"kwalters" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:410b23ca$0$212
> > Seven.

> by several hundred $$$.

Seven Axiom custom frame $2695.00

Litespeed Ultimate off the rack frame $3290.00

Litespeed Vortex off the rack frame $3350.00

Where do people get the idea that Seven is SO expensive compared to
Litespeed?

Tim McTeague

Habanero. However, after all the time he devoted to politics I don't
know if the quality of his product has stayed the same.

Andres

Tim McTeague wrote:

> Seven Axiom custom frame $2695.00
>
> Litespeed Ultimate off the rack frame $3290.00
>
> Litespeed Vortex off the rack frame $3350.00
>
> Where do people get the idea that Seven is SO expensive compared to
> Litespeed?

Serotta is more expensive than Seven too. To wit:

Complete Seven road-frame price list:

Model Tubing Frame
Elium Cirrus TC™ Ultra-butted Ti and carbon fiber $3,595
Alta Cirrus™ Ultra-butted Titanium $3,295
Odonata Argen TC™ Butted Ti and carbon fiber $3,195
Axiom Argen™ Butted titanium $2,695
Alaris Integrity325™ Straight-gauge titanium $1,995
Elium steel Origin SC™ Butted steel and carbon fiber $2,295
Axiom steel Origin™ Butted steel $1,495

Partial Serotta road-frame price list:

Ottrott ST: $4995
Ottrott: $4595
Legend ST: $3695
Legend: $3295

Compare Legend/Legend ST to Axiom/Odonata.

Dave

Tim-<< Seven Axiom custom frame $2695.00

Litespeed Ultimate off the rack frame $3290.00

Litespeed Vortex off the rack frame $3350.00

Where do people get the idea that Seven is SO expensive compared to
Litespeed?

Moots Vamoots-$2245-best of the lot IMO.

Peter Chisholm
Vecchio's Bicicletteria
1833 Pearl St.
Boulder, CO, 80302
(303)440-3535
http://www.vecchios.com

"Qui si parla Campagnolo " <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Moots Vamoots-$2245-best of the lot IMO.
>

> Peter Chisholm

But isn't that a straight gauge frame? If so, the Seven version, Alaris, is
$1995. A better deal yet. Also, I don't think the Vamoots is custom at
that price but I may be wrong. Also, also, aren't you a Moots dealer? Hmm.

Tim McTeague

In article <[email protected]>,
[email protected] (andres muro) wrote:

> Habanero. However, after all the time he devoted to politics I don't
> know if the quality of his product has stayed the same.
>
> Andres

Just tell Mark you are a died in the wool ³publican.²....:)

> [email protected] (Qui si parla Campagnolo ) wrote in message
> news:<[email protected]>...
> > downhill-<< :rolleyes: Trying to find out info as to which bike is a better
> > buy
> > (6ft4" about 150lbs) ride about 250 miles (350km) a week >><BR><BR>
> >

> > Moots..............
> >
> > Peter Chisholm
> > Vecchio's Bicicletteria

Is it one Moots two Mootseses??

On 1 Aug 2004 15:07:50 -0700, [email protected] (andres
muro) wrote:

>"H. M. Leary" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
>

>> Is it one Moots two Mootseses??

>No, two meets.

Dear Sirs,

Zoo check enclosed as per your latest catalogue.

Please ship me two mongee--

Please ship me two mongoo--

Please ship me a mongoose.

Thanks,

Carl Fogel

P.S. Come to think of it, ship me another.

[email protected] wrote in message
<[email protected]>...

>Dear Sirs,
>
>Zoo check enclosed as per your latest catalogue.
>
>Please ship me two mongee--
>
>Please ship me two mongoo--
>
>Please ship me a mongoose.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Carl Fogel
>
>P.S. Come to think of it, ship me another.

pl mongooses

TJ

On Mon, 2 Aug 2004 01:18:48 +0100, "Trevor Jeffrey"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>[email protected] wrote in message
><[email protected]>...
>>
>>Dear Sirs,
>>
>>Zoo check enclosed as per your latest catalogue.
>>
>>Please ship me two mongee--
>>
>>Please ship me two mongoo--
>>
>>Please ship me a mongoose.
>>
>>Thanks,
>>
>>Carl Fogel
>>
>>P.S. Come to think of it, ship me another.

>pl mongooses
>
>TJ

Dear Trevor,

True, Dravidian words for animals do not use internal vowel
gradation to form plurals, which distinguishes them from our
few surviving Old English words for animals and anatomy,
such as man/men, woman/women (double), mouse/mice,
goose/geese, tooth/teeth, and foot/feet.

This internal vowel gradation should not be confused with
such pluralizations as knife/knives, life/lives, or
wife/wives, which involve voicing of consonants.

Nor should it be confused with the even rarer ox/oxen,
child/children pluralizations, which involve an otherwise
lost suffix and an excrescent -r.

Pedantically,

Carl Fogel

[email protected] wrote in message ...
>On Mon, 2 Aug 2004 01:18:48 +0100, "Trevor Jeffrey"
>
>Dear Trevor,
>
>True, Dravidian words for animals do not use internal vowel
>gradation to form plurals, which distinguishes them from our
>few surviving Old English words for animals and anatomy,
>such as man/men, woman/women (double), mouse/mice,
>goose/geese, tooth/teeth, and foot/feet.
>
>This internal vowel gradation should not be confused with
>such pluralizations as knife/knives, life/lives, or
>wife/wives, which involve voicing of consonants.
>
>Nor should it be confused with the even rarer ox/oxen,
>child/children pluralizations, which involve an otherwise
>lost suffix and an excrescent -r.
>
>Pedantically,
>
>Carl Fogel

I know a mongoose is Indian, and the word is English, with reference to a
dictionary of 2000 vintage the plural is mongooses. Just spotted "," after
True, I see you are agreeing. 'Ave thou nowt better t'do?
TJ
adjust screen contrast TJ

andres-<< Is it one Moots two Mootseses?? >><BR><BR>

Mootsie

Peter Chisholm
Vecchio's Bicicletteria
1833 Pearl St.
Boulder, CO, 80302
(303)440-3535
http://www.vecchios.com

Tim-<< But isn't that a straight gauge frame? >><BR><BR>

Moots are good enough welders to use thin walled ti and not burn it. Double
butting for ti is mostly marketing and to prevent welders from killing it.

Custom Moots, add $350.

And yep, we sell lots of Moots, the only ti we sell.

Peter Chisholm
Vecchio's Bicicletteria
1833 Pearl St.
Boulder, CO, 80302
(303)440-3535
http://www.vecchios.com

You're thinking of Mark Hickey.

Peter has political opinions but he is generally more restrained about
expressing them here than Mr. Hickey.

And he has little to do with Habanero.

App

[email protected] (Appkiller) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> You're thinking of Mark Hickey.
>
> Peter has political opinions but he is generally more restrained about
> expressing them here than Mr. Hickey.
>
> And he has little to do with Habanero.
>
> App

App:

I know who Peter and Mark are: Peter was recommending Moots, and I
added that a possible candidate for good Ti was Habanero. However, I
questioned the quality since Mark had spent so much time involved in
politics. I know that Peter has political views too.

Andres

[email protected] (andres muro) wrote:

>[email protected] (Appkiller) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
>> You're thinking of Mark Hickey.
>>
>> Peter has political opinions but he is generally more restrained about
>> expressing them here than Mr. Hickey.
>>
>> And he has little to do with Habanero.

Heh.

>App:
>
> I know who Peter and Mark are: Peter was recommending Moots, and I
>added that a possible candidate for good Ti was Habanero. However, I
>questioned the quality since Mark had spent so much time involved in
>politics.

Hey, we all have hobbies... luckily I type fast and read faster, and
don't need a lot of sleep. It might be different if I was actually
the guy welding the frames - but I wouldn't be crazy enough to ride a
frame I welded.

Mark Hickey
Habanero Cycles
http://www.habcycles.com