Litespeed Vela

jonmitchell111

Mar 7, 2006
Hi,

I'm new to this, but here goes. My wife's looking for a new bike for triathlon to replace her entry-level Giant OCR. There's a Litespeed Vela available for very good looking price (half price), but is it any good? Anybody got any experience of the Vela - good, bad or indifferent.

Obviously the move up to Shimano 105 set will be an advance, and the stock setup includes FSA RD80 wheels.

What does the collective knowledge of the forum suggest?

Cheers,

Jon M

I purchased a 2003 Vela (brand new) for my wife and she loves it. She only uses it for road riding so I do not know how it would handle with some clip on aerobars. If she already has a road bike and is looking to do more tri's then maybe looking at a entry level tri specific bike would be of interest. The FSA wheels are good training wheels. Compared to the Giant I think the Vela is quite a bit lighter. Good luck.

wowkster said:
I purchased a 2003 Vela (brand new) for my wife and she loves it. She only uses it for road riding so I do not know how it would handle with some clip on aerobars. If she already has a road bike and is looking to do more tri's then maybe looking at a entry level tri specific bike would be of interest. The FSA wheels are good training wheels. Compared to the Giant I think the Vela is quite a bit lighter. Good luck.
Thanks for that Wowkster; new bike might be delayed a year as just found out we're having an(other) baby:eek:; tri and training to be deferred...