Litespeed Veneto

fredf

Apr 8, 2004
I need advice (soon!): what can anyone tell me about the Litespeed Veneto....I posted the other day but no responses and I need help.
Quickly: I'm 6'0", 175lbs, 50yr old. new to road biking. want to do fitness riding. want comfort but some 'efficiency'.
Worried I will outgrow Veneto as I improve. Is Veneto stiff enough ? Does it climb well?
LBS says the Solano (other model in price range) would not be as comfortable.
Ideas? please!

Originally posted by fredf

Quickly: I'm 6'0", 175lbs, 50yr old. new to road biking. want to do fitness riding. want comfort but some 'efficiency'.
Worried I will outgrow Veneto as I improve. Is Veneto stiff enough ? Does it climb well?
That's all subjective stufff.Better try and decide yourself. Did ya check the specs at the litespeed site and compare it to others?

Originally posted by boudreaux
That's all subjective stufff.Better try and decide yourself. Did ya check the specs at the litespeed site and compare it to others?
You're right, of course, but no one has one in my size I can test ride so that's why I need some advice from others.
As for specs at Litespeed...again they are only numbers...and they do confirm that it is a more relaxed geometry. I would like something more subjective like has anyone actually been on one or know someone who has and can say what it feels like in acceleration, comfort, etc.