Litespeed warranty issues

N

Nickthelegend40

Wondering if anyone out there has had similar experiences dealing with Litespeed? I bought a
Vortex w/dura ace aero kit, 5 grand plus in price and use it as a tri bike. The wheelset DA hubs
and velocity rims were fine over the first season, didn't need to true them at all(partially bc I
ride multiple bikes so mileage is split up). Later when I needed to true the wheels, outside of
the main warranty period and suprise, they are untrueable. I hope that is actually a word. These
wheels were built elsewhere by a supplier they use. You can't spin a single nipple on these things
bc they must not have used spoke prep I guess. The spokes only "wind up" and the nipples do not
actually move at all.

What I am left with is a set of wheels of terrible build quality. Pretty unacceptable on a bike
which costs as much as this. Second issue is that of the multiple times I've contacted them, only
once did they ever send a message back(first time). That message was just to inform me that they'd
work on it. I think they worked on a plan to ignore the situation. Subsequently, I have never been
given a reply for any other message sent to their warranty department from that time on.

Anyone else have similar experiences with other issues?

What did you do to solve your problems?

Thanks for your help. Maybe just getting the word out may protect some other consumer before they
buy one of their products. Love the bike, service sucks. What worsened the problem was that the only
litespeed dealer in town went out of business. No one local to deal with!

Nick Ranson

That is not Litespeeds fault, don't even bother calling them, out of warranty is out of warranty.
Especially since the wheels say "Velocity" You should ***** to Velocity. Litespeed makes the frame
and that is all they care about. I am sure if it was a frame issue they would help you ASAP.

[email protected] (nickthelegend4000) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> Wondering if anyone out there has had similar experiences dealing with Litespeed? I bought a
> Vortex w/dura ace aero kit, 5 grand plus in price and use it as a tri bike. The wheelset DA hubs
> and velocity rims were fine over the first season, didn't need to true them at all(partially bc I
> ride multiple bikes so mileage is split up). Later when I needed to true the wheels, outside of
> the main warranty period and suprise, they are untrueable. I hope that is actually a word. These
> wheels were built elsewhere by a supplier they use. You can't spin a single nipple on these things
> bc they must not have used spoke prep I guess. The spokes only "wind up" and the nipples do not
> actually move at all.
>
> What I am left with is a set of wheels of terrible build quality. Pretty unacceptable on a bike
> which costs as much as this. Second issue is that of the multiple times I've contacted them, only
> once did they ever send a message back(first time). That message was just to inform me that they'd
> work on it. I think they worked on a plan to ignore the situation. Subsequently, I have never been
> given a reply for any other message sent to their warranty department from that time on.
>
> Anyone else have similar experiences with other issues?
>
> What did you do to solve your problems?
>
> Thanks for your help. Maybe just getting the word out may protect some other consumer before they
> buy one of their products. Love the bike, service sucks. What worsened the problem was that the
> only litespeed dealer in town went out of business. No one local to deal with!
>
> Nick Ranson

DA hubs with Velocity rims sounds like a bastardized wheelset and I can't imagine that either
Litespeed or Velocity would have done that or have anything to do with that.

If your wheels were "built elsewhere by a supplier they use" but not actually built through
Litespeed, then I too would not want to hear your complaint, either.

It's too bad your local bike shop closed, as it sounds as though they may know something about
your wheels.

--
Rick Loggins

"Gabe" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> That is not Litespeeds fault, don't even bother calling them, out of warranty is out of warranty.
> Especially since the wheels say "Velocity" You should ***** to Velocity. Litespeed makes the frame
> and that is all they care about. I am sure if it was a frame issue they would help you ASAP.
>
> [email protected] (nickthelegend4000) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> > Wondering if anyone out there has had similar experiences dealing with Litespeed? I bought a
> > Vortex w/dura ace aero kit, 5 grand plus in price and use it as a tri bike. The wheelset DA hubs
> > and velocity rims were fine over the first season, didn't need to true them at all(partially bc
> > I ride multiple bikes so mileage is split up). Later when I needed to true the wheels, outside
> > of the main warranty period and suprise, they are untrueable. I hope that is actually a word.
> > These wheels were built elsewhere by a supplier they use. You can't spin a single nipple on
> > these things bc they must not have used spoke prep I guess. The spokes only "wind up" and the
> > nipples do not actually move at all.
> >
> > What I am left with is a set of wheels of terrible build quality. Pretty unacceptable on a bike
> > which costs as much as this. Second issue is that of the multiple times I've contacted them,
> > only once did they ever send a message back(first time). That message was just to inform me
> > that they'd work on it. I think they worked on a plan to ignore the situation. Subsequently, I
> > have never been given a reply for any other message sent to their warranty department from that
> > time on.
> >
> > Anyone else have similar experiences with other issues?
> >
> > What did you do to solve your problems?
> >
> > Thanks for your help. Maybe just getting the word out may protect some other consumer before
> > they buy one of their products. Love the bike, service sucks. What worsened the problem was that
> > the only litespeed dealer in town went out of business. No one local to deal with!
> >
> > Nick Ranson