litter

"Pete Jones" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> http://www.bikemag.com/columns/mouthtrap/stupid_breed_faster/
>

> Pete
> ----
> http://www.btinternet.com/~peteajones/

Living here in the Cotswolds in the UK I'm constantly amazed at the amount of trash that there is
lying around. I know I shouldn't be, but I am. And what's more, its not just a beer can or an inner
tube, it's fridges, cars, clothing (that mysterious single shoe...) pretty much anything that can be
thrown away in such a way that it'll take several centuries to bio degrade is chucked.

Here's an interesting story (and very true). My mate was driving back home along a back lane (lives
in the sticks) and as he rounded one corner he noticed that a small van (like those little tiny jap
van things) was parked up in a gateway, and as he watched someone humped a fridge out of the side
door. Now as it was near where my mate lived he took umbridge at this, so carried on closer (he was
driving that way anyway) to have a word. They spotted him. And then proceeded to drive off, dumping
more trash out of the side door, ala dumping the drugs on a police chase stylee. Anyway, he was in a
pretty standard car, but this thing in front was good for 35Mph flat out along the lanes. So he
followed it, flashing his lights occasionally... The chap (bloke and kid it turned out) in front
didn't stop, nearly lost it on a couple of corners, still at 35mph, then when he got to a junction
he stalled it. So chase over. My friend then pulled up alongside and calmly pointed out that he
might have dropped something and that he might like to go back and pick it up so he didn't have to
report anything to anyone (i.e. call the police). The chap grudgingly agreed. So, my friend pottered
back home, with the van's number plate taken down etc... And what happened, well next day he found
the damn van dumped back with the rubbish!! Arrrrgh.

Anyway, this sad tale of people who would prefer to dump a van rather than clear their mess is
further compounded by the fact that in Oxfordshire, where we live, there's a free council pickup
service for trash that can't be disposed of through normal bin collections. And that includes cars
that need to be dumped.

So, anyone out there who's a f*cking moron and lives in/near Oxfordshire. Don't sh*t your own
nest or anyone else's for that matter. Use your stolen mobile to phone the council and get it
collected for free.

Interestingly we suspect a local caravan park (no proof though) so we're considering a building a
giant trebuchet and flinging the van back to them.

AndyC

P.s.All those idiots who throw their garden trash out along roadsides in black plastic bags. Empty
the cuttings out of the bag, they'll rot and in a few years your blatant laziness will have
become one with the environment.

> Interestingly we suspect a local caravan park (no proof though) so we're considering a building a
> giant trebuchet and flinging the van back to them.
>
> AndyC

There's a trailer park near some beautiful single track and slickrock riding near LA. The trails
that are closest to the trailer park are full of trash, baby strollers, camper shells, washing
machines, etc...

I guess there's a reason for the term "trailer trash".

-Bruce

"Paul MacIntyre" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> ----------
> In article <[email protected]>, Pete Jones
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>

> > http://www.bikemag.com/columns/mouthtrap/stupid_breed_faster/
> >

> > Pete
> > ----
> > http://www.btinternet.com/~peteajones/
>
> I wonder what happened to patch kits. Even if you don't want to patch on the trail you can take
> the tube home and patch it there. I cut my unsalvageable tube up in to rubber bands, they're great
> for keeping spare patched tubes rolled up tight in the 'back.
>
> Paul- not stupid just a asshole

Heck I'm happy to find tubes on the trail. I take 'em home, stick a patch on 'em. Free tubes!

Mike - not proud, not stupid and only an asshole if you're a golfer. ;^)

http://www.bikemag.com/columns/mouthtrap/stupid_breed_faster/ jones/

I was thinking about this very subject as I hiked through a trail littered with plastic bags that
dog owners leave behind. The dumpster is about a half a mile away. On one of the few rides I
managed this winter there were at least a dozen beer bottles, some broken, dumped on the sides of
a dirt road.One of the broken ones was standing in a puddle in the road that I had to go through.
I missed it by sheer luck and got off the bike to move it to the side. I had no way of carrying
all that glass out of there(went back on foot a few days later to get the bottles).What is wrong
with people???

Fredzep <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> http://www.bikemag.com/columns/mouthtrap/stupid_breed_faster/ jones/
>
> I was thinking about this very subject as I hiked through a trail littered with plastic bags that
> dog owners leave behind. The dumpster is about a
half
> a mile away. On one of the few rides I managed this winter there were at least a dozen beer
> bottles, some broken, dumped on the sides of a dirt road.One of the broken ones was standing in a
> puddle in the road that I
had
> to go through. I missed it by sheer luck and got off the bike to move it
> the side. I had no way of carrying all that glass out of there(went back
on
> foot a few days later to get the bottles).What is wrong with people???

People are ace, people suck - it's all in the numbers.

Shaun aRe - Try to tip the balance the right way.