Little bread NOW......GOOOOODDDDD!

On Wed, 15 Feb 2006 23:25:36 +0100, Pandora wrote:

> Cheers
> Pandora

Beautiful!

Pandora wrote:
> Following the instruction of a new bread book, I have made
> this evining these little bread with poppy seeds over.
>
> Now look at pics:
>
> Raw, but yet rised for the second time.
> http://i1.tinypic.com/nvzlns.jpg
>
> http://i1.tinypic.com/nvzlzp.jpg
> http://i1.tinypic.com/nvzm76.jpg
> http://i1.tinypic.com/nvzmf7.jpg
> http://i1.tinypic.com/nvzmms.jpg

Burger bumkas!

Crust indicates too quick a rise, and the crumb is too coarse/mealy,
probably from low gluten flour.

And what's with that fercocktah lining the pan with foil, that's just
dumb!
And why so many different sizes, don't ya know to scale dough... roll
out a strand and slice off pieces of equal length, then form by rolling
dough (why they're called rolls) two at a time between palms and
floured surface... like a self breast exam. If yoose gals ever
experienced the sensitivity of my palpating you'd never again need to
succumb to those medieval mammograms.

Sheldon

On Wed, 15 Feb 2006 14:56:28 -0800, Sheldon wrote:

> And what's with that fercocktah lining the pan with foil, that's just
> dumb!

I don't that is foil.

On Wed, 15 Feb 2006 23:14:09 +0000, jay wrote:

> On Wed, 15 Feb 2006 14:56:28 -0800, Sheldon wrote:
>

>> And what's with that fercocktah lining the pan with foil, that's just
>> dumb!

> I don't that is foil.

well ok.. i left the "think" out.. but you knew that...

"Pandora" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
>I Am so happy!!! Following the instruction of a new bread book, I have made
>this evining these little bread with poppy seeds over.
> It is soft like Briosche bread! Very good.

snip
> Pandora

Hi Pan,
It is so satisfying to try something new. I'm glad that your little breads
turned out so well. Congratulations.
Janet

jay wrote:
> On Wed, 15 Feb 2006 23:14:09 +0000, jay wrote:
>
> > On Wed, 15 Feb 2006 14:56:28 -0800, Sheldon wrote:
> >

> >> And what's with that fercocktah lining the pan with foil, that's just
> >> dumb!

> > I don't that is foil.

Whatever it is if you look at the last picture the bottom of that roll
is practically raw... anything between the metal pan and the dough
will act as an insulator and prevent proper baking.

> well ok.. i left the "think" out.. but you knew that...

You don't really want me to comment. hehe

Sheldon

Sheldon wrote:
> Crust indicates too quick a rise, and the crumb is too coarse/mealy,
> probably from low gluten flour.

Irrational criticism of loaf that's in that style.

> And what's with that fercocktah lining the pan with foil, that's just
> dumb!

Ignorant criticism of equipment.

> And why so many different sizes, don't ya know to scale dough...

Unnecessary criticism of natural technique as not being
artificial enough.

> roll
> out a strand and slice off pieces of equal length, then form by rolling
> dough (why they're called rolls)

Fatuous portmanteau etymology.

> two at a time between palms and
> floured surface...

Silly suggestion.

> like a self breast exam.

1.

> If yoose gals

2.

> ever
> experienced the sensitivity of my palpating you'd never again need to
> succumb to those medieval mammograms.

3. ridiculous sexist remarks.

> Sheldon

Total asshat.

--Blair

Sheldon wrote:
> Pandora wrote:
>
>>Following the instruction of a new bread book, I have made
>>this evining these little bread with poppy seeds over.
>>
>>Now look at pics:
>>
>>Raw, but yet rised for the second time.
>>http://i1.tinypic.com/nvzlns.jpg
>>
>>http://i1.tinypic.com/nvzlzp.jpg
>>http://i1.tinypic.com/nvzm76.jpg
>>http://i1.tinypic.com/nvzmf7.jpg
>>http://i1.tinypic.com/nvzmms.jpg

> Burger bumkas!
>
> Crust indicates too quick a rise, and the crumb is too coarse/mealy,
> probably from low gluten flour.

Hey, moron, did you note she said it was like Brioche? Do you even know
what that is? Do you know what a "lax" dough is?

She said "It is soft like Briosche bread! Very good." Geddit...?

Why am I asking? Obviously you don't.

> And what's with that fercocktah lining the pan with foil, that's just
> dumb!

Our resident culinary wizard can't distinguish between baking parchment
and foil.

Oh, tell us again what an expert you are. Blowhole. Maybe show us more
pictures of charred meatloaf. That'll make everyone think you're, um,
skilled.

Pastorio

"Pandora" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
>I Am so happy!!! Following the instruction of a new bread book, I have made
>this evining these little bread with poppy seeds over.
> It is soft like Briosche bread! Very good.
> If someone wants recipe, I will translate tomorrow.
> Now look at pics:
>
> Raw, but yet rised for the second time.
> http://i1.tinypic.com/nvzlns.jpg
>
> http://i1.tinypic.com/nvzlzp.jpg
> http://i1.tinypic.com/nvzm76.jpg
> http://i1.tinypic.com/nvzmf7.jpg
> http://i1.tinypic.com/nvzmms.jpg
> Cheers
> Pandora

They look delicious. You're spurring me on to make bread. I think I'll
make some Focaccia today.

Lynne

"King's Crown" <[email protected]> ha scritto nel messaggio
news:[email protected]...

> "Pandora" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>>I Am so happy!!! Following the instruction of a new bread book, I have
>>made this evining these little bread with poppy seeds over.
>> It is soft like Briosche bread! Very good.
>> If someone wants recipe, I will translate tomorrow.
>> Now look at pics:
>>
>> Raw, but yet rised for the second time.
>> http://i1.tinypic.com/nvzlns.jpg
>>
>> http://i1.tinypic.com/nvzlzp.jpg
>> http://i1.tinypic.com/nvzm76.jpg
>> http://i1.tinypic.com/nvzmf7.jpg
>> http://i1.tinypic.com/nvzmms.jpg
>> Cheers
>> Pandora

> They look delicious. You're spurring me on to make bread. I think I'll
> make some Focaccia today.

Yes! I can't stop! I want to do all the breads of the book :D
I Am enjoying myself very much! Try, so you will understand me .
Cheers and post a foto of your focaccia!
Pandora

Pastorio wrote:
>She said "It is soft like Briosche bread! Very good." Geddit...?

And here I thought her tummy was upset till she ate it...

--Blair

Blair P. Houghton wrote:
> Pastorio wrote:
>
>>She said "It is soft like Briosche bread! Very good." Geddit...?

> And here I thought her tummy was upset till she ate it...

That would be Brioschi... <G>

Pastorio

"Bob (this one)" <[email protected]> ha scritto nel messaggio
news:[email protected]...
> Blair P. Houghton wrote:
>> Pastorio wrote:
>>
>>>She said "It is soft like Briosche bread! Very good." Geddit...?

>> And here I thought her tummy was upset till she ate it...

> That would be Brioschi... <G>
>
> Pastorio

Sorry I meant "Brioche" :DDDD
Pandora