Little bread NOW......GOOOOODDDDD!

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Pandora, Feb 15, 2006.

  1. Pandora

    Pandora Guest

    Tags:

  2. jay

    jay Guest

    On Wed, 15 Feb 2006 23:25:36 +0100, Pandora wrote:

    > Cheers
    > Pandora

    Beautiful!

  3. Sheldon

    Sheldon Guest

    Pandora wrote:
    > Following the instruction of a new bread book, I have made
    > this evining these little bread with poppy seeds over.
    >
    > Now look at pics:
    >
    > Raw, but yet rised for the second time.
    > http://i1.tinypic.com/nvzlns.jpg
    >
    > http://i1.tinypic.com/nvzlzp.jpg
    > http://i1.tinypic.com/nvzm76.jpg
    > http://i1.tinypic.com/nvzmf7.jpg
    > http://i1.tinypic.com/nvzmms.jpg

    Burger bumkas!

    Crust indicates too quick a rise, and the crumb is too coarse/mealy,
    probably from low gluten flour.

    And what's with that fercocktah lining the pan with foil, that's just
    dumb!
    And why so many different sizes, don't ya know to scale dough... roll
    out a strand and slice off pieces of equal length, then form by rolling
    dough (why they're called rolls) two at a time between palms and
    floured surface... like a self breast exam. If yoose gals ever
    experienced the sensitivity of my palpating you'd never again need to
    succumb to those medieval mammograms.

    Sheldon

  4. Pandora

    Pandora Guest

    "jay" <[email protected]> ha scritto nel messaggio
    news:p[email protected]
    > On Wed, 15 Feb 2006 23:25:36 +0100, Pandora wrote:
    >

    >> Cheers
    >> Pandora

    > Beautiful!

    Cheers Thank you!
    Pandora

  5. jay

    jay Guest

    On Wed, 15 Feb 2006 14:56:28 -0800, Sheldon wrote:

    > And what's with that fercocktah lining the pan with foil, that's just
    > dumb!

    I don't that is foil.

  6. jay

    jay Guest

    On Wed, 15 Feb 2006 23:14:09 +0000, jay wrote:

    > On Wed, 15 Feb 2006 14:56:28 -0800, Sheldon wrote:
    >

    >> And what's with that fercocktah lining the pan with foil, that's just
    >> dumb!

    > I don't that is foil.

    well ok.. i left the "think" out.. but you knew that...

  7. "Pandora" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    >I Am so happy!!! Following the instruction of a new bread book, I have made
    >this evining these little bread with poppy seeds over.
    > It is soft like Briosche bread! Very good.

    snip
    > Pandora

    Hi Pan,
    It is so satisfying to try something new. I'm glad that your little breads
    turned out so well. Congratulations.
    Janet

  8. Sheldon

    Sheldon Guest

    jay wrote:
    > On Wed, 15 Feb 2006 23:14:09 +0000, jay wrote:
    >
    > > On Wed, 15 Feb 2006 14:56:28 -0800, Sheldon wrote:
    > >

    > >> And what's with that fercocktah lining the pan with foil, that's just
    > >> dumb!

    > > I don't that is foil.

    Whatever it is if you look at the last picture the bottom of that roll
    is practically raw... anything between the metal pan and the dough
    will act as an insulator and prevent proper baking.

    > well ok.. i left the "think" out.. but you knew that...

    You don't really want me to comment. hehe

    Sheldon

  9. Sheldon wrote:
    > Crust indicates too quick a rise, and the crumb is too coarse/mealy,
    > probably from low gluten flour.

    Irrational criticism of loaf that's in that style.

    > And what's with that fercocktah lining the pan with foil, that's just
    > dumb!

    Ignorant criticism of equipment.

    > And why so many different sizes, don't ya know to scale dough...

    Unnecessary criticism of natural technique as not being
    artificial enough.

    > roll
    > out a strand and slice off pieces of equal length, then form by rolling
    > dough (why they're called rolls)

    Fatuous portmanteau etymology.

    > two at a time between palms and
    > floured surface...

    Silly suggestion.

    > like a self breast exam.

    1.

    > If yoose gals

    2.

    > ever
    > experienced the sensitivity of my palpating you'd never again need to
    > succumb to those medieval mammograms.

    3. ridiculous sexist remarks.

    > Sheldon

    Total asshat.

    --Blair

  10. Sheldon wrote:
    > Pandora wrote:
    >
    >>Following the instruction of a new bread book, I have made
    >>this evining these little bread with poppy seeds over.
    >>
    >>Now look at pics:
    >>
    >>Raw, but yet rised for the second time.
    >>http://i1.tinypic.com/nvzlns.jpg
    >>
    >>http://i1.tinypic.com/nvzlzp.jpg
    >>http://i1.tinypic.com/nvzm76.jpg
    >>http://i1.tinypic.com/nvzmf7.jpg
    >>http://i1.tinypic.com/nvzmms.jpg

    > Burger bumkas!
    >
    > Crust indicates too quick a rise, and the crumb is too coarse/mealy,
    > probably from low gluten flour.

    Hey, moron, did you note she said it was like Brioche? Do you even know
    what that is? Do you know what a "lax" dough is?

    She said "It is soft like Briosche bread! Very good." Geddit...?

    Why am I asking? Obviously you don't.

    > And what's with that fercocktah lining the pan with foil, that's just
    > dumb!

    Our resident culinary wizard can't distinguish between baking parchment
    and foil.

    Oh, tell us again what an expert you are. Blowhole. Maybe show us more
    pictures of charred meatloaf. That'll make everyone think you're, um,
    skilled.

    Pastorio

  11. King's Crown

    King's Crown Guest

    "Pandora" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    >I Am so happy!!! Following the instruction of a new bread book, I have made
    >this evining these little bread with poppy seeds over.
    > It is soft like Briosche bread! Very good.
    > If someone wants recipe, I will translate tomorrow.
    > Now look at pics:
    >
    > Raw, but yet rised for the second time.
    > http://i1.tinypic.com/nvzlns.jpg
    >
    > http://i1.tinypic.com/nvzlzp.jpg
    > http://i1.tinypic.com/nvzm76.jpg
    > http://i1.tinypic.com/nvzmf7.jpg
    > http://i1.tinypic.com/nvzmms.jpg
    > Cheers
    > Pandora

    They look delicious. You're spurring me on to make bread. I think I'll
    make some Focaccia today.

    Lynne

  12. Pandora

    Pandora Guest

    "King's Crown" <[email protected]> ha scritto nel messaggio
    news:[email protected]

    > "Pandora" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    >>I Am so happy!!! Following the instruction of a new bread book, I have
    >>made this evining these little bread with poppy seeds over.
    >> It is soft like Briosche bread! Very good.
    >> If someone wants recipe, I will translate tomorrow.
    >> Now look at pics:
    >>
    >> Raw, but yet rised for the second time.
    >> http://i1.tinypic.com/nvzlns.jpg
    >>
    >> http://i1.tinypic.com/nvzlzp.jpg
    >> http://i1.tinypic.com/nvzm76.jpg
    >> http://i1.tinypic.com/nvzmf7.jpg
    >> http://i1.tinypic.com/nvzmms.jpg
    >> Cheers
    >> Pandora

    > They look delicious. You're spurring me on to make bread. I think I'll
    > make some Focaccia today.

    Yes! I can't stop! I want to do all the breads of the book :D
    I Am enjoying myself very much! Try, so you will understand me .
    Cheers and post a foto of your focaccia!
    Pandora

  13. Pastorio wrote:
    >She said "It is soft like Briosche bread! Very good." Geddit...?

    And here I thought her tummy was upset till she ate it...

    --Blair

  14. Blair P. Houghton wrote:
    > Pastorio wrote:
    >
    >>She said "It is soft like Briosche bread! Very good." Geddit...?

    > And here I thought her tummy was upset till she ate it...

    That would be Brioschi... <G>

    Pastorio

  15. Pandora

    Pandora Guest

    "Bob (this one)" <[email protected]> ha scritto nel messaggio
    news:[email protected]
    > Blair P. Houghton wrote:
    >> Pastorio wrote:
    >>
    >>>She said "It is soft like Briosche bread! Very good." Geddit...?

    >> And here I thought her tummy was upset till she ate it...

    > That would be Brioschi... <G>
    >
    > Pastorio

    Sorry I meant "Brioche" :DDDD
    Pandora