Little Rock AR rides?

Discussion in 'rec.bicycles.rides' started by Dave Miller, Aug 18, 2004.

  1. Dave Miller

    Dave Miller Guest

    Any suggestions for a ride within 60 miles of Little Rock, or even an
    inner city ride?

    Tags:

  2. whinds

    whinds Guest

    In article <[email protected]>, Dave Miller <> writes:

    >Any suggestions for a ride within 60 miles of Little Rock, or even an
    >inner city ride?

    Take a look at this route: 270 West out of Hot Springs to just before Y city
    then 71 North to Fort Smith. I know this is about a 260 mile loop but you could
    cut it down to two easy day trips. Hot Springs to Y City is 68 miles and Y City
    to Fort Smith is 62 miles. I shuttled a car through here on the way back to the
    west coast in July this year. The road was pretty quite, very few cars, and
    almost no trucks all the way. I saw deer and wild turkey along side the road.
    On the way you pass lake Ouachita on your right on the way to Mount Ida. This
    was a week day trip for me so the traffic may be different on the weekend. I
    would go with you if I was there we could even have dinner at McClards BBQ in
    Hot Springs, the best. My treat.:)

  3. Dave Miller

    Dave Miller Guest

    On 17 Sep 2004 03:24:48 GMT, [email protected]ospam (whinds) wrote:

    >In article <[email protected]>, Dave Miller <> writes:
    >

    >>Any suggestions for a ride within 60 miles of Little Rock, or even an
    >>inner city ride?
    >>

    >Take a look at this route: 270 West out of Hot Springs to just before Y city
    >then 71 North to Fort Smith. I know this is about a 260 mile loop but you could
    >cut it down to two easy day trips. Hot Springs to Y City is 68 miles and Y City
    >to Fort Smith is 62 miles. I shuttled a car through here on the way back to the
    >west coast in July this year. The road was pretty quite, very few cars, and
    >almost no trucks all the way. I saw deer and wild turkey along side the road.
    >On the way you pass lake Ouachita on your right on the way to Mount Ida. This
    >was a week day trip for me so the traffic may be different on the weekend. I
    >would go with you if I was there we could even have dinner at McClards BBQ in
    >Hot Springs, the best. My treat.:)

    Thanks for the tip. I'm on to different cities now but did find a
    nice ride along the river. I hope to be coming back soon and I'll
    drop you a line -

    Thanks again!

  4. whinds

    whinds Guest

    In article <[email protected]>, Dave Miller <> writes:

    >Thanks for the tip. I'm on to different cities now but did find a
    >nice ride along the river. I hope to be coming back soon and I'll
    >drop you a line -

    Is this a bike path along the Arkansas in Little Rock? How long is it?
    Next time I'm there I'll look for it. TIA