"Live Strong in Character - Don't Leave Your Family"

Haley

Guest
The other day my husband and I were at the Whole Foods next to the Bike
Mart in Richardson, TX that Lance Armstrong bought his bikes and
equipment at as a kid.

We ran into some friends one of whom who was wearing a yellow wrist
band. I said to him, "do you think Lance will hold on to win?" "It
doesn't matter if he wins this Tour" he said, "he has already lost the
most significant title he could ever have earned; that of good father
and husband."

I asked, "then why are you wearing a 'Live Strong' band?" He showed it
to me. It said "Live Wrong: Leave Your Family." He said that he was
once a big fan of Lance's until he left his wife and kids and started
running with the Hollywood crowd.

I hadn't heard of this. Is it true that Lance left his wife and kids?

Haley

ps, My friend said he had seen another yellow band that said, "Live
Strong in Character - Don't Leave Your Family"

"Haley" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> I hadn't heard of this. Is it true that Lance left his wife and kids?
>
> Haley

Old news. Lance & his wife Kristen split ages ago, back in 2003

However, the fact that his current girlfriend Sheryl Crow, looks like his
ex-wife, who looks like his Mum, is all very spooky indeed ;-)

Yes he left his cheating wife. Looks like he's still a dad though.

"Haley" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> The other day my husband and I were at the Whole Foods next to the Bike
> Mart in Richardson, TX that Lance Armstrong bought his bikes and
> equipment at as a kid.
>
> We ran into some friends one of whom who was wearing a yellow wrist
> band. I said to him, "do you think Lance will hold on to win?" "It
> doesn't matter if he wins this Tour" he said, "he has already lost the
> most significant title he could ever have earned; that of good father
> and husband."
>
> I asked, "then why are you wearing a 'Live Strong' band?" He showed it
> to me. It said "Live Wrong: Leave Your Family." He said that he was
> once a big fan of Lance's until he left his wife and kids and started
> running with the Hollywood crowd.
>
> I hadn't heard of this. Is it true that Lance left his wife and kids?
>
> Haley
>
> ps, My friend said he had seen another yellow band that said, "Live
> Strong in Character - Don't Leave Your Family"

"Haley" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> The other day my husband and I were at the Whole Foods next to the Bike
> Mart in Richardson, TX that Lance Armstrong bought his bikes and
> equipment at as a kid.
>
> We ran into some friends one of whom who was wearing a yellow wrist
> band. I said to him, "do you think Lance will hold on to win?" "It
> doesn't matter if he wins this Tour" he said, "he has already lost the
> most significant title he could ever have earned; that of good father
> and husband."
>
> I asked, "then why are you wearing a 'Live Strong' band?" He showed it
> to me. It said "Live Wrong: Leave Your Family." He said that he was
> once a big fan of Lance's until he left his wife and kids and started
> running with the Hollywood crowd.
>
> I hadn't heard of this. Is it true that Lance left his wife and kids?

Look at the following:
http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/2005/tour05/?id=tour0521/cycling-tdf2005-category-18

"Haley" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

> I hadn't heard of this. Is it true that Lance left his wife and kids?
>
> Haley

If you're looking to put the worse spin on someone's personal
life (i.e., church gossip), then that is exactly how you would
phrase it.

m.

"Haley" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> The other day my husband and I were at the Whole Foods next to the Bike
> Mart in Richardson, TX that Lance Armstrong bought his bikes and
> equipment at as a kid.
>
> We ran into some friends one of whom who was wearing a yellow wrist
> band. I said to him, "do you think Lance will hold on to win?" "It
> doesn't matter if he wins this Tour" he said, "he has already lost the
> most significant title he could ever have earned; that of good father
> and husband."

If you believe the gossip, Kirsten left him. Apparently she was unhappy with
the schedule of a professional cyclist. She got his dog and cat in the
divorce, too. And it was HIS cat!

What do they say at your church Haley dear?
Any good rumors about you you might want to deny?

-Ken

Yep. Divorce is a terrible thing. I'm suprised it isn't more common...
Oh, wait... 50% of marriges end in divorce. Even the ones that were
blessed by the church. Imagine that.

[email protected] wrote in news:1122233362.999325.4650
@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com:

> Lance broke up his home and left his wife who supported him through his
> cancer. Another reason he is not a role model

I'm am about 99% sure you are trolling... however, just so someone who reads
this knows.... Lance met Kirsten *after* his cancer. She worked for the PR
firm that was hired to promote the newly formed Lance Armstrong Foundation.

And if you believe the gossip that floats around Austin, they broke up
because she cheated on him...

<[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Lance broke up his home and left his wife who supported him through his
> cancer. Another reason he is not a role model

She didn't meet him until AFTER he beat the cancer, pal.

[email protected] wrote:

> Lance broke up his home and left his wife who supported him through his
> cancer. Another reason he is not a role model

After. His former gf was the one with him during treatment.

If you're going to comment, at least read his books.

<[email protected]> wrote:

> Lance broke up his home and left his wife who supported him through

his
> cancer. Another reason he is not a role model

You sir, are a liar. Fancy that!

/*mykal*/

On 24 Jul 2005 11:34:53 -0700, "Haley" <[email protected]> wrote:

> Is it true that Lance left his wife and kids?

First observation: Even if true, it would be none of my business.
(That's the *true* conservative's view of most personal and family
matters.)

Second observation: Every report I've seen has been to the effect
that they met after he was past the cancer, that *she* was the one who
did the dumping, and that they never had any kids. Thus, one of the
inferences from the smear campaign ("and family") is a flat lie, and
the other is aimed at the wrong target.

Third observation: Divorce rates are higher in states that voted for
Bush than in states that voted for the Democrat. Coincidence? In my
opinion, no, because the root causes for both can be found in the same
places.

What you encountered is the most despicable form of propaganda;
character assassination by innuendo and distortion. The people who
spread it do not merit any respect.
--
Typoes are a feature, not a bug.

Bottom line is it's none of our business.

Werehatrack wrote:

> Third observation: Divorce rates are higher in states that voted for
> Bush than in states that voted for the Democrat. Coincidence?

Not at all. Kerry voters are determined to STAY miserable! LOL

Bill "what I really need is a little tongue-in-cheek icon thingy" S.