"Live Strong in Character - Don't Leave Your Family"

[email protected] wrote:
> Bill Sornson wrote:
>> Hate-filled and judgemental are perfect descriptions for the modern

> Christian conservative. Hmmm, maybe it goes back further - weren't
> Inquisitors the conservative Christians in their day?
>
> The unspoken motto is something like "if you were all like me,
> everything would be great."

Yep, that is the main problem in the world. God spoke the truth to ME
and all who don't agree should be... .

[email protected] wrote:
> Bill Sornson wrote:

>> If Buttpacker were truly God-fearing, then he wouldn't spew his
>> hate-filled, judgmental ****.
>>

> Hate-filled and judgemental are perfect descriptions for the modern
> Christian conservative.

Who's talking about a Christian conservative? The subject was Buttpacker.

"Doug Taylor" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Sun, 31 Jul 2005 22:15:24 GMT, "Tom Kunich" <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>
>>Yeah, we've got you Bill - anyone that criticizes gay conduct is
>>criminally
>>wrong. Anyone that's "religious" is mentally deranged.

> Not "anyone." Only fundamentalists, fanatics, dogmatists, etc., who
> suffer the delusion that they, and only they, have a monopoly on
> Truth.

You mean like yourself? Are you telling us that you have such a tight hold
on truth that you can damn others?

>>There's no queer like an old stupid queer.

> An no fanatic like an intolerant one.

Is the suggestion that I'm intolerant or fanatic? And if so what are your
indication? That I call a spade a spade and a queer a queer?

> Same result with fanatics, except that instead of an argument you'll
> see a Holy War.

I hate to point this out to one so carefully educated as yourself but "Holy
Wars" have been exceptional throughout history and not the rule.

> What, essentially, is the difference between a Muslim
> fundamentalist and a Christian? Both claim exclusive possession of
> "THE" truth, both marginalize anyone who doesn't follow their
> particular path, both have and will kill either to expand or defend
> their faith, and both therefore pervert and distort the teachings of
> the religion they claim to follow.

Maybe you can explain to us the last time "Fundamental Christians"
proclaimed war on someone else?

> Trouble is all the normal, regular joes and innocent bystanders who
> get caught in their crossfire

In which case you're plenty safe.

"Bill Z." <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Showing your 7th grade mentality, redneck upbringing, poor manners,
> and abusive personality once again? You really are a piece of work,
> aren't you, Kunich. Quite pitiful, actually.
>
> --
> My real name backwards: nemuaZ lliB

Let me get this straight - someone who is scared witless to spell his own
NAME out is telling me that I'm pitiful?

"Steven L. Sheffield" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:BF12B71C.2573B%[email protected]...
> On 07/31/2005 03:30 PM, in article
> [email protected],
> "[email protected]" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> The Bible was divinely inspired and writtten by those who saw the
>> events first hand and knew our Lord Jesus. Smith was a nutjob who had
>> obvious mental issues and was killed for his heresy. Those who follow
>> his beliefs are also not on the path to Heaven

> One could also say that, according to those there at the time, "Jesus was
> nutjob who had obvious mental issues and was killed for his heresy."

Well, as someone so plainly authoritative you shouldn't have any trouble
quoting someone from the time who said that.

<[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Jesus died because of the greed the Jewes had and did not want to lose
> the power they had. The True Messiah would have upset their hold on
> the people the pharisees held.
> No heresy issue, just greed

Psst - are you forgetting that Jesus said that he came to earth to die for
our sins? That suggests that there was NO WAY it could have been avoided and
it wasn't anything to do with the Jews but was in fact Jesus own actions.

"Steven L. Sheffield" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:BF1365A3.25815%[email protected]...
> On 07/31/2005 06:19 PM, in article
> [email protected],
> "[email protected]" <[email protected]> wrote:
>

>> Jesus died because of the greed the Jewes had and did not want to lose
>> the power they had. The True Messiah would have upset their hold on
>> the people the pharisees held.
>> No heresy issue, just greed

> Doesn't it bother you that Jesus was Jewish, rather than Christian?

Perhaps you can cite the various Jewish laws that allow all of the Jewish
laws to be ignored for, in Jesus words, "Love thy neighbor as thyself and
love God with all your heart and all your soul"?

If Jesus wasn't following Jewish religious teachings then perhaps you can
explain to us how he was a Jew?

"gds" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> [email protected] wrote:
>> The "red" states have both people who live the correct Christian life
>> but also have a lot of "ahem" Springer guest types. So while many
>> people in a state may live according to the Word of our God many in the
>> same state are living the promiscuous "hit and run" lifestyle and are
>> in serial marriages and/or relationships. TX is a prime example.
>> Wonderful God-fearing folk as well as a lot of critters

> How do you tell hem apart?

The bad ones look exactly like you. The good one's look handsome and
beautiful.

<[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Bill Sornson wrote:
>> gds wrote:
>> >
>> > How do you tell hem apart?

>> If Buttpacker were truly God-fearing, then he wouldn't spew his
>> hate-filled,
>> judgmental ****.
>>

> Hate-filled and judgemental are perfect descriptions for the modern
> Christian conservative. Hmmm, maybe it goes back further - weren't
> Inquisitors the conservative Christians in their day?

We're waiting for some of those citations that demonstrate you aren't
speaking of yourself.

> The unspoken motto is something like "if you were all like me,
> everything would be great."

Isn't that the Gay Agenda?

"Tom Kunich" <[email protected]> writes:

> "Bill Z." <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> >
> > Showing your 7th grade mentality, redneck upbringing, poor manners,
> > and abusive personality once again? You really are a piece of work,
> > aren't you, Kunich. Quite pitiful, actually.
> >
> > --
> > My real name backwards: nemuaZ lliB

> Let me get this straight - someone who is scared witless to spell his own
> NAME out is telling me that I'm pitiful?

My name *was* spelled out in my signature, which you even quoted - it
was backwards to reduce the chances of a dictionary attack on the part
of spammers who might know something about the internet service
provided by SBC (formerly PacBell).

Your tendency to jump to the wrong conclusion, even when the facts are
right in front of your face, is duly noted. And, as I said, you
really are rather pitiful. You should get some help. You really need
it.

--

Bill Sornson wrote:
> [email protected] wrote:
> > Bill Sornson wrote:

> >> If Buttpacker were truly God-fearing, then he wouldn't spew his
> >> hate-filled, judgmental ****.
> >>

> > Hate-filled and judgemental are perfect descriptions for the modern
> > Christian conservative.

> Who's talking about a Christian conservative? The subject was Buttpacker.

If you're having trouble grasping the subject matter, I suggest one of
two things:

1.) Stop reading the thread.

2.) Re-read the thread for context.

HTH,

E.P.

"Tom Kunich" <[email protected]> writes:

> "Doug Taylor" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > On Sun, 31 Jul 2005 22:15:24 GMT, "Tom Kunich" <[email protected]>
> > wrote:
> >

> >>There's no queer like an old stupid queer.

> > An no fanatic like an intolerant one.

> Is the suggestion that I'm intolerant or fanatic? And if so what are your
> indication? That I call a spade a spade and a queer a queer?

Of course the reality is that Kunich doesn't have a clue about me or
anyone else he hasn't met, but I have been on his enemies list for
over a decade for not buying his anti-helmet thing, so he particularly
targets me for his childish abuse. He's called me all sorts of things
during that time, generally trying to set a record for being the most
abusive toad on usenet. Kunich will lie through his teeth and then
post more lies and abuse to cover it up. He really acts like an
adolescent boy having a hormone problem.

For those who don't know, Kunich started calling me a "queer" after he
posted some **** about "genetic mistakes" and after I responded by
pointing out a technical problem with this notion. Faced with a
contradiction between the obvious and his preconceived notions, Kunich
did what he typically does and lashed out like the proverbial bull in
front of a red cape.

> Maybe you can explain to us the last time "Fundamental Christians"
> proclaimed war on someone else?

Ever hear the term "culture wars"? :)

--

Tom Kunich wrote:

> > Hate-filled and judgemental are perfect descriptions for the modern
> > Christian conservative. Hmmm, maybe it goes back further - weren't
> > Inquisitors the conservative Christians in their day?

> We're waiting for some of those citations that demonstrate you aren't
> speaking of yourself.

"We"? As in the royal "We"? Were, or were not, the Inquisitors the
conservative Christians of their day?

Judgemental? If you say that modern conservative Christians are not
passing judgement, then you are either a liar or a fool.

> > The unspoken motto is something like "if you were all like me,
> > everything would be great."

> Isn't that the Gay Agenda?

That is the logical fallacy of begging the question.

*If* there was such a thing as a "gay agenda", it hardly seems likely
that they want to make everyone gay. Proseletyzing is the purview of
evangelicals, and while I understand that you view all the world
through that lense, I do not accept the premise that gay people wish to
convert straight folks. The same cannot be said for the wacko
Christian folks who think that prayer and behavior modification will
"cure" homosexuals somehow.

Thought experiment: would it be possible to cure you of your
heterosexuality?

Again, you seem to be afflicted with the motto "If everyone was just
like me, everything would be perfect."

E.P.

On Tue, 02 Aug 2005 00:24:00 GMT, "Tom Kunich" <[email protected]>
wrote:

>> Not "anyone." Only fundamentalists, fanatics, dogmatists, etc., who
>> suffer the delusion that they, and only they, have a monopoly on
>> Truth.

>You mean like yourself? Are you telling us that you have such a tight hold
>on truth that you can damn others?

Au contraire, grasshopper. Like Socrates, I know that I do not know.
Which is why I criticize those who not only claim they DO know, but
insist on cramming their convictions down everyone elses' throats.
Like Christian and Muslim extremists alike.

>>>There's no queer like an old stupid queer.

>> An no fanatic like an intolerant one.

>Is the suggestion that I'm intolerant or fanatic?

Bingo. Nothing gets past you, Sherlock...

>And if so what are your
>indication? That I call a spade a spade and a queer a queer?

Actually, it's the foam and spittle that flies from your lips as you
rant, rant, rant all over usenet.

>> Same result with fanatics, except that instead of an argument you'll
>> see a Holy War.

>I hate to point this out to one so carefully educated as yourself but "Holy
>Wars" have been exceptional throughout history and not the rule.

But certainly disastrous and abominable when they occur:

http://atheism.about.com/library/FAQs/christian/blfaq_viol_crusades.htm

>Maybe you can explain to us the last time "Fundamental Christians"
>proclaimed war on someone else?

The "last" time? That would be as opposed historical war and violence
such as the Crusades, the Spanish Inquisition, and the Holocaust...

Okay, how about:

http://www.yuricareport.com/Dominionism/ChristiansPlotToRemakeAmerica.html

http://atheism.about.com/library/FAQs/christian/blfaq_viol_gays.htm

http://atheism.about.com/library/FAQs/christian/blfaq_viol_abortion.htm

Nothing like Christian love and charity to make me feel all warm and
fuzzy and safe from terrorism.

If Jesus really ever did return, he would not recognize you, you
hypocritical asshole. Serving time for beating up women:

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/ba.bicycles/msg/3c36f891a58b1841

Kicking women around and baiting homosexuals. Ever see a shrink,
Tommie? Methinks you should drop this ******** Jesus facade and just
come out.

Bill Z. wrote:

>>Maybe you can explain to us the last time "Fundamental Christians"
>>proclaimed war on someone else?

Iraq comes to mind. Of course, we call it a "war on terrorism", but the
terrorists weren't in Iraq so that doesn't really fit....

[email protected] wrote:
> Bill Sornson wrote:
>> [email protected] wrote:

>>> Hate-filled and judgemental are perfect descriptions for the modern
>>> Christian conservative.

>> Who's talking about a Christian conservative? The subject was
>> Buttpacker.

> If you're having trouble grasping the subject matter, I suggest one of
> two things:

1.) Stop reading the thread.

Um, you replied to /me/.

> 2.) Re-read the thread for context.

I think I know what /I/ meant.

> HTH,
>
> E.P.

HTH,

B.S.

In rec.bicycles.misc [email protected] wrote:
> The Bible was divinely inspired and writtten by those who saw the
> events first hand and knew our Lord Jesus. Smith was a nutjob who had
> obvious mental issues and was killed for his heresy. Those who follow
> his beliefs are also not on the path to Heaven

Jab,

It's pretty obvious from your posts that you know everything there is
to know about every subject there is to know about. But hooda thunk your
prodigious wisdom would even extend to the arcane subject of Mormonism!
Clearly, your mission has been made manifest! How 'bout you hie yourself
forthwith over to alt.religion.mormon or soc.religion.mormon, and get to
work? There are twelve million benighted Mormons just waiting for the
benefit of your vast (or at least, half-vast) intellect. Linger no
longer! Get over there, and start setting them straight right now! It's
a big job, but I'm sure you can do it.
And then, after you have single-handedly overthrown Mormonism and come
back to this group, why don't you try posting something about, oh, I
dunno, maybe, BICYCLES?

"Tom Kunich" <[email protected]> writes:

> <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...

> > The unspoken motto is something like "if you were all like me,
> > everything would be great."

> Isn't that the Gay Agenda?

No, Tommy. From what I can gather, the "Gay Agenda" is "Dinner at 8."
If you think I'm misinformed, please explain why. :)

--

Bob the Cow wrote:
> Last time I saw them, they were on the path back down my driveway shaking
> their heads because I spoke Klingon to them when I answered my door...

Next time you can beam them to Mars so they can start work on the Martians
(Earths secret weapon in the war of the worlds).

Rich wrote:
> Iraq comes to mind. Of course, we call it a "war on terrorism", but the
> terrorists weren't in Iraq so that doesn't really fit....

Wasn't it supposed to be a war on WMD ? But the WMD weren't in Iraq so
that doesn't really fit....