"Live Strong in Character - Don't Leave Your Family"

On 07/31/2005 12:15 PM, in article
[email protected],

> They are misguided souls following a false prophet and believe words
> written solely by human hands.

Please show me the version of the Bible that was written in God's own hand,
not by one of his many followers.

--
Steven L. Sheffield
stevens at veloworks dot com

The Bible was divinely inspired and writtten by those who saw the
events first hand and knew our Lord Jesus. Smith was a nutjob who had
obvious mental issues and was killed for his heresy. Those who follow
his beliefs are also not on the path to Heaven

<[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> The Bible was divinely inspired and writtten by those who saw the
> events first hand and knew our Lord Jesus. Smith was a nutjob who had
> obvious mental issues and was killed for his heresy. Those who follow
> his beliefs are also not on the path to Heaven

Last time I saw them, they were on the path back down my driveway shaking
their heads because I spoke Klingon to them when I answered my door...

"Tom Kunich" <[email protected]> writes:

> "Bill Z." <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > [email protected] writes:

> >> Dustoyevsky trimmed the URL and found
> >>
> >> <http://www.abiding truth.com>

> > The URL is actually <http://www.abidingtruth.com> (you accidentally
> > included a space). Among other things, it complains about some
> > sort of homosexual conspiracy on the part of the PTA. You know,
> > the dull, boring, mainstream Parent Teachers Association.

> Yeah, we've got you Bill - anyone that criticizes gay conduct is criminally
> wrong. Anyone that's "religious" is mentally deranged.

Why don't you look at the friggin URL - it was clearly written by a
group of nuts with an axe to grind, as is clear from the description
above (and the PTA is directly mentioned on that web page.)

> There's no queer like an old stupid queer.

Showing your 7th grade mentality, redneck upbringing, poor manners,
and abusive personality once again? You really are a piece of work,
aren't you, Kunich. Quite pitiful, actually.

--
My real name backwards: nemuaZ lliB

I submit that on or about 31 Jul 2005 13:35:42 -0700, the person known
to the court as [email protected] made a statement
(<[email protected]> in Your
Honour's bundle) to the following effect:

>> STFU Asspacker -- and stop top-posting, too.

>I'm not sure if this is an ironic comment or not.
>Christians do not often express themselves in this manner.

Speaking as a card-carrying Christian, I think asspacker should STFU
and stop top-posting. And learn to quote. One more data point for
you there :)

Guy
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

I submit that on or about Sun, 31 Jul 2005 17:02:00 -0500, the person
known to the court as "Bob the Cow" <[email protected]> made a statement
(<[email protected]> in Your Honour's bundle) to
the following effect:

>Tell them the Jehovah's Witnesses told you to say that. Stand back and
>watch the fun.

You can have fun with the Witnesses by asking them about the Arian
heresy...

Guy
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

On 07/31/2005 06:19 PM, in article
[email protected],

> Jesus died because of the greed the Jewes had and did not want to lose
> the power they had. The True Messiah would have upset their hold on
> the people the pharisees held.
> No heresy issue, just greed

Doesn't it bother you that Jesus was Jewish, rather than Christian?

In rec.bicycles.racing gwhite <[email protected]> wrote:

> I don't see the disguise:

> http://encyclopedia.worldvillage.com/s/b/Papal_Tiara

How about the pope singing a Sheryl Crow song?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v130/golf3power/dev2.jpg

Didier

--
Didier A Depireux [email protected] [email protected]
20 Penn Str - S218E http://neurobiology.umaryland.edu/depireux.htm

....stuff deleted
>> 1) Divorce is common. In fact, it is more common amongst those who claim
>> to be religious. I guess words and preaching don't equate to actions.

> Not as common as you might think, they state that 50% of marriages end in
> divorce, which isn't a true statement. The way they arrive at that number
> is there are say 20,000 weddings every year, and 10,000 divorces, giving
> 50%. However those divorces are really amoung the married couples in the
> total pool of married people, which grew by 50,000 in the same year. So
> really given that size pool, the divorce rate isn't 50% but rather a
> significantly smaller number.
>
> Claiming to be religous, simply means to claim to follow the teachings of
> a belief system, that doesn't make you perfect, and the same factors that
> affect non-religious marriages, also affects religious ones. To be honest
> though, far too many people, are willing to give up on a marriage, far too
> quickly. Often if they worked on keeping it together and resolved the
> issue, that was causing the problem, they would save the cost of a
> divorce.

W,

You are correct. The divorce statistics (as well as most other sociological
statistics) can be construed a number of ways. Often, the sampling is
unscientific, the results are skewed to push an agenda (our current
government is very good at doing this), or the recurrance rate among some
individuals are taken as proof about the whole (ie. those that divorce once,
often divorce additional times as well, but both are counted as divorces).

Still, the so called "red states" tend to be about 27% above the national
average (and the statistics are taken using the same methodology across the
nation). This is more than a sampling error and does indicate a rather
unexpected result. Personally, I think it is a greater indicator of
hipocracy than the success of marriage, but that is beside the point.

Rick

The "red" states have both people who live the correct Christian life
but also have a lot of "ahem" Springer guest types. So while many
people in a state may live according to the Word of our God many in the
same state are living the promiscuous "hit and run" lifestyle and are
in serial marriages and/or relationships. TX is a prime example.
Wonderful God-fearing folk as well as a lot of critters

[email protected] wrote:
> The "red" states have both people who live the correct Christian life
> but also have a lot of "ahem" Springer guest types. So while many
> people in a state may live according to the Word of our God many in the
> same state are living the promiscuous "hit and run" lifestyle and are
> in serial marriages and/or relationships. TX is a prime example.
> Wonderful God-fearing folk as well as a lot of critters

How do you tell hem apart?

gds wrote:
> [email protected] wrote:
>> The "red" states have both people who live the correct Christian life
>> but also have a lot of "ahem" Springer guest types. So while many
>> people in a state may live according to the Word of our God many in
>> the same state are living the promiscuous "hit and run" lifestyle
>> and are in serial marriages and/or relationships. TX is a prime
>> example. Wonderful God-fearing folk as well as a lot of critters

> How do you tell hem apart?

If Buttpacker were truly God-fearing, then he wouldn't spew his hate-filled,
judgmental ****.

Bill "there's gonna be hell to pay, one can only hope" S.

Bill Sornson wrote:
> gds wrote:
> > [email protected] wrote:
> >> The "red" states have both people who live the correct Christian life
> >> but also have a lot of "ahem" Springer guest types. So while many
> >> people in a state may live according to the Word of our God many in
> >> the same state are living the promiscuous "hit and run" lifestyle
> >> and are in serial marriages and/or relationships. TX is a prime
> >> example. Wonderful God-fearing folk as well as a lot of critters

> > How do you tell hem apart?

> If Buttpacker were truly God-fearing, then he wouldn't spew his hate-filled,
> judgmental ****.

Hate-filled and judgemental are perfect descriptions for the modern
Christian conservative. Hmmm, maybe it goes back further - weren't
Inquisitors the conservative Christians in their day?

The unspoken motto is something like "if you were all like me,
everything would be great."

E.P.

[email protected] wrote:
> Bill Sornson wrote:
>> Hate-filled and judgemental are perfect descriptions for the modern

> Christian conservative. Hmmm, maybe it goes back further - weren't
> Inquisitors the conservative Christians in their day?
>
> The unspoken motto is something like "if you were all like me,
> everything would be great."

Yep, that is the main problem in the world. God spoke the truth to ME
and all who don't agree should be... .

[email protected] wrote:
> Bill Sornson wrote:

>> If Buttpacker were truly God-fearing, then he wouldn't spew his
>> hate-filled, judgmental ****.
>>

> Hate-filled and judgemental are perfect descriptions for the modern
> Christian conservative.

Who's talking about a Christian conservative? The subject was Buttpacker.

"Doug Taylor" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Sun, 31 Jul 2005 22:15:24 GMT, "Tom Kunich" <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>
>>Yeah, we've got you Bill - anyone that criticizes gay conduct is
>>criminally
>>wrong. Anyone that's "religious" is mentally deranged.

> Not "anyone." Only fundamentalists, fanatics, dogmatists, etc., who
> suffer the delusion that they, and only they, have a monopoly on
> Truth.

You mean like yourself? Are you telling us that you have such a tight hold
on truth that you can damn others?

>>There's no queer like an old stupid queer.

> An no fanatic like an intolerant one.

Is the suggestion that I'm intolerant or fanatic? And if so what are your
indication? That I call a spade a spade and a queer a queer?

> Same result with fanatics, except that instead of an argument you'll
> see a Holy War.

I hate to point this out to one so carefully educated as yourself but "Holy
Wars" have been exceptional throughout history and not the rule.

> What, essentially, is the difference between a Muslim
> fundamentalist and a Christian? Both claim exclusive possession of
> "THE" truth, both marginalize anyone who doesn't follow their
> particular path, both have and will kill either to expand or defend
> their faith, and both therefore pervert and distort the teachings of
> the religion they claim to follow.

Maybe you can explain to us the last time "Fundamental Christians"
proclaimed war on someone else?

> Trouble is all the normal, regular joes and innocent bystanders who
> get caught in their crossfire

In which case you're plenty safe.

"Bill Z." <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Showing your 7th grade mentality, redneck upbringing, poor manners,
> and abusive personality once again? You really are a piece of work,
> aren't you, Kunich. Quite pitiful, actually.
>
> --
> My real name backwards: nemuaZ lliB

Let me get this straight - someone who is scared witless to spell his own
NAME out is telling me that I'm pitiful?

"Steven L. Sheffield" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:BF12B71C.2573B%[email protected]...
> On 07/31/2005 03:30 PM, in article
> [email protected],
> "[email protected]" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> The Bible was divinely inspired and writtten by those who saw the
>> events first hand and knew our Lord Jesus. Smith was a nutjob who had
>> obvious mental issues and was killed for his heresy. Those who follow
>> his beliefs are also not on the path to Heaven

> One could also say that, according to those there at the time, "Jesus was
> nutjob who had obvious mental issues and was killed for his heresy."

Well, as someone so plainly authoritative you shouldn't have any trouble
quoting someone from the time who said that.

<[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Jesus died because of the greed the Jewes had and did not want to lose
> the power they had. The True Messiah would have upset their hold on
> the people the pharisees held.
> No heresy issue, just greed

Psst - are you forgetting that Jesus said that he came to earth to die for
our sins? That suggests that there was NO WAY it could have been avoided and
it wasn't anything to do with the Jews but was in fact Jesus own actions.

"Steven L. Sheffield" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:BF1365A3.25815%[email protected]...
> On 07/31/2005 06:19 PM, in article
> [email protected],
> "[email protected]" <[email protected]> wrote:
>

>> Jesus died because of the greed the Jewes had and did not want to lose
>> the power they had. The True Messiah would have upset their hold on
>> the people the pharisees held.
>> No heresy issue, just greed

> Doesn't it bother you that Jesus was Jewish, rather than Christian?

Perhaps you can cite the various Jewish laws that allow all of the Jewish
laws to be ignored for, in Jesus words, "Love thy neighbor as thyself and
love God with all your heart and all your soul"?

If Jesus wasn't following Jewish religious teachings then perhaps you can
explain to us how he was a Jew?