Live tracking of Etape du Tour cyclist

Martin Collett

Guest
A small project I've been working on for a friend, http://etapecycle.co.uk/.
Handlebar photos and positions sent back every 5 minutes from today's Etape
du Tour, hope it's relevant here.
Martin

Martin Collett wrote:
> A small project I've been working on for a friend, http://etapecycle.co.uk/.
> Handlebar photos and positions sent back every 5 minutes from today's Etape

Start at 6! ***********. I would have taken the time for café au lait
and croissant... Or are times on the photos BST?

--
E. Dronkert

in message <[email protected]>, Martin Collett
('[email protected]') wrote:

> A small project I've been working on for a friend,
> http://etapecycle.co.uk/. Handlebar photos and positions sent back every
> 5 minutes from today's Etape du Tour, hope it's relevant here.
> Martin

Very cool. Congratulations! Can I ask what kit you're using, and how you
programmed the auto position sending? I've done a similar thing as a Java
Midlet, but I didn't think of adding photos!

There's nae Gods, an there's precious few heroes
but there's plenty on the dole in th Land o th Leal;
And it's time now, tae sweep the future clear o
th lies o a past that we know wis never real.

On Jul 16, 4:57 am, Simon Brooke <[email protected]> wrote:
> in message <[email protected]>, Martin Collett
>
> ('[email protected]') wrote:
> > A small project I've been working on for a friend,
> >http://etapecycle.co.uk/. Handlebar photos and positions sent back every
> > 5 minutes from today's Etape du Tour, hope it's relevant here.
> > Martin

> Very cool. Congratulations! Can I ask what kit you're using, and how you
> programmed the auto position sending? I've done a similar thing as a Java
> Midlet, but I didn't think of adding photos!
>
> --
> [email protected] (Simon Brooke)http://www.jasmine.org.uk/~simon/
> There's nae Gods, an there's precious few heroes
> but there's plenty on the dole in th Land o th Leal;
> And it's time now, tae sweep the future clear o
> th lies o a past that we know wis never real.

FROM RBT AS A SERIES: THE VOLCANO ASCENT AND ARCHAEOLOGY TOUR IS
ENTERTAINING:

Hi:

I would like to share with you the Trackmap (dynamic map of the GPS
track), altigraphy (altitude profile of the route), geo-referenced
photographs and a chronicle of the cycling touring: Mexico City -
Archaeological Site of Huamango (Mex), performed last Sunday February
4th, 2007.

These results are posted at the following address:

http://tinyurl.com/34woe3

Hoping this information could be useful, i thank you in advance for
your attention.

Greetings.

On Jul 16, 8:01 am, datakoll <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Jul 16, 4:57 am, Simon Brooke <[email protected]> wrote:
>

> > in message <[email protected]>, Martin Collett

> > ('[email protected]') wrote:
> > > A small project I've been working on for a friend,
> > >http://etapecycle.co.uk/. Handlebar photos and positions sent back every
> > > 5 minutes from today's Etape du Tour, hope it's relevant here.
> > > Martin

> > Very cool. Congratulations! Can I ask what kit you're using, and how you
> > programmed the auto position sending? I've done a similar thing as a Java
> > Midlet, but I didn't think of adding photos!

> > --
> > [email protected] (Simon Brooke)http://www.jasmine.org.uk/~simon/
> > There's nae Gods, an there's precious few heroes
> > but there's plenty on the dole in th Land o th Leal;
> > And it's time now, tae sweep the future clear o
> > th lies o a past that we know wis never real.

> FROM RBT AS A SERIES: THE VOLCANO ASCENT AND ARCHAEOLOGY TOUR IS
> ENTERTAINING:
>
> Hi:
>
> I would like to share with you the Trackmap (dynamic map of the GPS
> track), altigraphy (altitude profile of the route), geo-referenced
> photographs and a chronicle of the cycling touring: Mexico City -
> Archaeological Site of Huamango (Mex), performed last Sunday February
> 4th, 2007.
>
> These results are posted at the following address:
>
> http://tinyurl.com/34woe3
>
> Hoping this information could be useful, i thank you in advance for
> your attention.
>
> Greetings.- Hide quoted text -

NEWTON WENT ACROSS THE RIVER BUT ONCE?

> in message <[email protected]>, Martin Collett
> ('[email protected]') wrote:
>
>> A small project I've been working on for a friend,
>> http://etapecycle.co.uk/. Handlebar photos and positions sent back every
>> 5 minutes from today's Etape du Tour, hope it's relevant here.
>> Martin

> Very cool. Congratulations! Can I ask what kit you're using, and how you
> programmed the auto position sending? I've done a similar thing as a Java
> Midlet, but I didn't think of adding photos!

Thanks.
I'm using a TraceMe module, kindly donated by the guys at traceme.eu .
It's a dedicated tracker module with a serial linked camera. It has digital
inputs and I always intended to measure cadence too, but we couldn't quite
get our act together to get that working. There has been a long peiod
without data at the top of Port de Bales, I think due to no mobile phone
signal, but normal service is resumed now!
Yes, he did start early - 6.00 UK time, 7.00 in France.
Best,
Martin

Martin Collett wrote:
> Yes, he did start early - 6.00 UK time, 7.00 in France.

Right, 7 sounds easier to survive than 6..
I'd've thought it would make more sense to display local times. Nice
page though.

--
E. Dronkert

> Martin Collett wrote:
>> Yes, he did start early - 6.00 UK time, 7.00 in France.

> Right, 7 sounds easier to survive than 6..
> I'd've thought it would make more sense to display local times. Nice
> page though.
>

> --
> E. Dronkert

Thanks. The page was sort of aimed at a UK audience, you're right though, I
should
have made the times a bit clearer.