Liver Enzymes

Discussion in 'Health Nutrition and Supplements' started by CrazyCanuck, Jun 22, 2001.

1. CrazyCanuck

CrazyCanuck New Member

Recently I had a blood test that showed elevated liver enzymes and CPK. Does anyone know if this can be caused by an intense training schedule?

Tags:

2. Guest

Guest Guest

Id ask the person who gave you the test that it does not sound good. ask a doctor

3. Vo2

Vo2 Member

I'm no doctor, but I would say no. Are you taking any prescription drugs, if I may ask? Some of these are capable of causing elevate liver enzymes. Alchohol too!
    I go with Nicholas. Get it checked out by a good physician asap. You may have some liver infection that you are unaware of.

Good luck and take care...

4. webkerrks

webkerrks New Member

I have been fighting high ck levels in my liver blood work for 7 months. I had been going through therapy with electric stimulation. I read where this could cause thie ck level to rise. Is this true. My doctor is not sure.

5. webkerrks

webkerrks New Member

:p

6. davecow

davecow New Member

I had a similar situation 2 years ago where a test following a perioud of strenuous exercise exhibited elevated liver enzymes. Subsequent re-tests showed no problems whatsoever. Definitely see your doctor and get the follow up done.