Liver Enzymes

CrazyCanuck

Jun 22, 2001
Recently I had a blood test that showed elevated liver enzymes and CPK. Does anyone know if this can be caused by an intense training schedule?

Recently I had a blood test that showed elevated liver enzymes and CPK. Does anyone know if this can be caused by an intense training schedule?

Id ask the person who gave you the test that it does not sound good. ask a doctor

I'm no doctor, but I would say no. Are you taking any prescription drugs, if I may ask? Some of these are capable of causing elevate liver enzymes. Alchohol too!
I go with Nicholas. Get it checked out by a good physician asap. You may have some liver infection that you are unaware of.

Good luck and take care...

I have been fighting high ck levels in my liver blood work for 7 months. I had been going through therapy with electric stimulation. I read where this could cause thie ck level to rise. Is this true. My doctor is not sure.

:p
webkerrks said:
I have been fighting high ck levels in my liver blood work for 7 months. I had been going through therapy with electric stimulation. I read where this could cause thie ck level to rise. Is this true. My doctor is not sure.

CrazyCanuck said:

I had a similar situation 2 years ago where a test following a perioud of strenuous exercise exhibited elevated liver enzymes. Subsequent re-tests showed no problems whatsoever. Definitely see your doctor and get the follow up done.