Livestrong Band

I would if i had one. I was gonna buy one off ebay but then someone would be making a profit out of a good cause.

I dont. I'd rather give my dollar to the cancer coucil directly than to raise the profile of a cyclist who doesnt deserve it.

rayner said:
I dont. I'd rather give my dollar to the cancer coucil directly than to raise the profile of a cyclist who doesnt deserve it.

The money doesn't go to Lance it goes to the cancer society that he has founded The Lance Armstrong Foundation.

Yippie Kye Ay said:
The money doesn't go to Lance it goes to the cancer society that he has founded The Lance Armstrong Foundation.
if you read my post properly you'll realise that i know that. profile not money.

rayner said:

I guess doing something no one else has ever done makes you undeserving of any attention. ;)

Yes, I wear yellow. I have already bought 30 bands and gave them away at school. I'm going to try to donate 100$ to his foundation.

CannonChick said:
I guess doing something no one else has ever done makes you undeserving of any attention. ;)

Yes he has achieved a hell of a lot but the manner that he has done it in makes him undeserving of any commercially oriented extra attention. When was the last time he lined up in either the giro, vuelta or a classics race with the intention to win that. He has forged himself into a commercial entity by going against what a true champion is. He doesnt deserve it.

Wow! The mail just arrived about 5 minutes ago and there was a parcel from the US addressed to me. I open it up, what do you know! Ten Livestrong bands.

tanggoman said:
you can buy in any discovery channel store for a piece for $1.

This is exactly my point. All commercial. Not for the right reasons. (not directed at tanggoman)

I used to wear one, but they've become such a fashion trend, with many people wearing it solely to "fit in," that I've taken mine off. I'll put it back on when it loses its appeal to the ignorant masses. :D