LIVESTRONG bracelet frenzy

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Marcus I. Valdes, Aug 5, 2004.

  1. Anyone else notice how much these things are going for on eBay? LAF
    screwed up not having enough of these to go around.

    Marcus

    Tags:

  2. On Thu, 05 Aug 2004 12:00:10 -0400, Marcus I. Valdes
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Anyone else notice how much these things are going for on eBay? LAF
    >screwed up not having enough of these to go around.

    I'd say limiting demand has had a great deal of success here.

    -Luigi

    >Marcus

  3. Ben Pfaff

    Ben Pfaff Guest

    Luigi de Guzman <[email protected]> writes:

    > On Thu, 05 Aug 2004 12:00:10 -0400, Marcus I. Valdes
    > <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >>Anyone else notice how much these things are going for on eBay? LAF
    >>screwed up not having enough of these to go around.

    > I'd say limiting demand has had a great deal of success here.

    Do you mean limiting supply?
    --
    "Ho ho ho. I _so_ enjoy making a fool out of myself."
    --Linus, on Christmas Day, 2000

  4. Pat

    Pat Guest

    > >>Anyone else notice how much these things are going for on eBay? LAF
    > >>screwed up not having enough of these to go around.

    > > I'd say limiting demand has had a great deal of success here.

    > Do you mean limiting supply?

    Anyway, they're making more as fast as they can.

    Pat in TX

  5. On Thu, 05 Aug 2004 10:48:12 -0700, Ben Pfaff <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >Luigi de Guzman <[email protected]> writes:
    >
    >> On Thu, 05 Aug 2004 12:00:10 -0400, Marcus I. Valdes
    >> <[email protected]> wrote:
    >>
    >>>Anyone else notice how much these things are going for on eBay? LAF
    >>>screwed up not having enough of these to go around.

    >> I'd say limiting demand has had a great deal of success here.

    >Do you mean limiting supply?

    uh, yes. stupid me. I was thinking about the outsize demand for the
    little thingies.

    -Luigi

  6. gooserider

    gooserider Guest

    "Marcus I. Valdes" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Anyone else notice how much these things are going for on eBay? LAF
    > screwed up not having enough of these to go around.

    I've ordered 20 of them 4 times, and never had a delay in shipping. Don't
    know what kind of shortage that is....

  7. Fred Hall

    Fred Hall Guest

    "gooserider" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > "Marcus I. Valdes" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    > > Anyone else notice how much these things are going for on eBay? LAF
    > > screwed up not having enough of these to go around.
    > >

    > I've ordered 20 of them 4 times, and never had a delay in shipping. Don't
    > know what kind of shortage that is....

    You haven't look on wearyellow.com lately then...you can't order them since
    they've been backordered for quite a while now...

  8. tcmedara

    tcmedara Guest

    Marcus I. Valdes <[email protected]> wrote:
    > Anyone else notice how much these things are going for on eBay? LAF
    > screwed up not having enough of these to go around.
    >
    > Marcus

    Saw two full boxes at the checkout counter at Sports Authority this
    afternoon marked for a buck a pop. Didn't seem to me that they were flying
    off the shelves there, of course Sports Authority is *not* typically
    frequented by those seeking cycling items.

    Tom

  9. ie

    ie Guest

    Have you asked your LBS? I'd start there.... Maybe they'll have a bunch more
    available for the party here in Austin next week...

    I have one left in the package and each of our cats are wearing them.

    http://www.davidandmollie.com/livestrong/

    ie

    "tcmedara" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Marcus I. Valdes <[email protected]> wrote:
    > > Anyone else notice how much these things are going for on eBay? LAF
    > > screwed up not having enough of these to go around.
    > >
    > > Marcus

    > Saw two full boxes at the checkout counter at Sports Authority this
    > afternoon marked for a buck a pop. Didn't seem to me that they were

    flying
    > off the shelves there, of course Sports Authority is *not* typically
    > frequented by those seeking cycling items.
    >
    > Tom

  10. gooserider

    gooserider Guest

    "Fred Hall" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:eek:[email protected]

    > "gooserider" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    > >
    > > "Marcus I. Valdes" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]
    > > > Anyone else notice how much these things are going for on eBay? LAF
    > > > screwed up not having enough of these to go around.
    > > >

    > > I've ordered 20 of them 4 times, and never had a delay in shipping.

    Don't
    > > know what kind of shortage that is....
    > >

    > You haven't look on wearyellow.com lately then...you can't order them

    since
    > they've been backordered for quite a while now...

    Ah my bad. I got my last order two weeks ago. I'm sure Nike's gonna crank up
    the production again.

  11. Do you still have one left? I'd be glad to make a donation to the LAF.
    I've been trying to get one for my son. Thanks.

    Jacob