LIVESTRONG bracelet frenzy

Marcus I. Valdes

Guest
Anyone else notice how much these things are going for on eBay? LAF
screwed up not having enough of these to go around.

Marcus

On Thu, 05 Aug 2004 12:00:10 -0400, Marcus I. Valdes
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Anyone else notice how much these things are going for on eBay? LAF
>screwed up not having enough of these to go around.

I'd say limiting demand has had a great deal of success here.

-Luigi

Luigi de Guzman <[email protected]> writes:

> On Thu, 05 Aug 2004 12:00:10 -0400, Marcus I. Valdes
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>Anyone else notice how much these things are going for on eBay? LAF
>>screwed up not having enough of these to go around.

> I'd say limiting demand has had a great deal of success here.

Do you mean limiting supply?
--
"Ho ho ho. I _so_ enjoy making a fool out of myself."
--Linus, on Christmas Day, 2000

> >>Anyone else notice how much these things are going for on eBay? LAF
> >>screwed up not having enough of these to go around.

> > I'd say limiting demand has had a great deal of success here.

> Do you mean limiting supply?

Anyway, they're making more as fast as they can.

Pat in TX

On Thu, 05 Aug 2004 10:48:12 -0700, Ben Pfaff <[email protected]>
wrote:

>Luigi de Guzman <[email protected]> writes:
>
>> On Thu, 05 Aug 2004 12:00:10 -0400, Marcus I. Valdes
>> <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>>Anyone else notice how much these things are going for on eBay? LAF
>>>screwed up not having enough of these to go around.

>> I'd say limiting demand has had a great deal of success here.

>Do you mean limiting supply?

uh, yes. stupid me. I was thinking about the outsize demand for the
little thingies.

-Luigi

"Marcus I. Valdes" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Anyone else notice how much these things are going for on eBay? LAF
> screwed up not having enough of these to go around.

I've ordered 20 of them 4 times, and never had a delay in shipping. Don't
know what kind of shortage that is....

"gooserider" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "Marcus I. Valdes" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Anyone else notice how much these things are going for on eBay? LAF
> > screwed up not having enough of these to go around.
> >

> I've ordered 20 of them 4 times, and never had a delay in shipping. Don't
> know what kind of shortage that is....

You haven't look on wearyellow.com lately then...you can't order them since
they've been backordered for quite a while now...

Marcus I. Valdes <[email protected]> wrote:
> Anyone else notice how much these things are going for on eBay? LAF
> screwed up not having enough of these to go around.
>
> Marcus

Saw two full boxes at the checkout counter at Sports Authority this
afternoon marked for a buck a pop. Didn't seem to me that they were flying
off the shelves there, of course Sports Authority is *not* typically
frequented by those seeking cycling items.

Tom

Have you asked your LBS? I'd start there.... Maybe they'll have a bunch more
available for the party here in Austin next week...

I have one left in the package and each of our cats are wearing them.

http://www.davidandmollie.com/livestrong/

ie

"tcmedara" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> Marcus I. Valdes <[email protected]> wrote:
> > Anyone else notice how much these things are going for on eBay? LAF
> > screwed up not having enough of these to go around.
> >
> > Marcus

> Saw two full boxes at the checkout counter at Sports Authority this
> afternoon marked for a buck a pop. Didn't seem to me that they were

flying
> off the shelves there, of course Sports Authority is *not* typically
> frequented by those seeking cycling items.
>
> Tom

"Fred Hall" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:eek:[email protected]...

> "gooserider" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> >
> > "Marcus I. Valdes" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> > > Anyone else notice how much these things are going for on eBay? LAF
> > > screwed up not having enough of these to go around.
> > >

> > I've ordered 20 of them 4 times, and never had a delay in shipping.

Don't
> > know what kind of shortage that is....
> >

> You haven't look on wearyellow.com lately then...you can't order them

since
> they've been backordered for quite a while now...

Ah my bad. I got my last order two weeks ago. I'm sure Nike's gonna crank up
the production again.

Do you still have one left? I'd be glad to make a donation to the LAF.
I've been trying to get one for my son. Thanks.

Jacob