LIVESTRONG Challenge, anyone??

sgtpepper64

Oct 2, 2007
Is anybody here doing the 2008 LIVESTRONG Challenge? I'm registered for the 70 miler in Philly, first time too! :)

Awesome! Maybe we'll get to meet up before\after the events!
I think I'm might be one of the youngest people doing the 70 miler. (I'm 18 now, but I'll be 19 in May so I'll be 19 by the time the Challenge comes up.)

I am a cancer survivor and I am going to do Philly. I am laid off now so as soon as I get back to work i will be entering. I am also doing a 500 mile solo ride from the Cleveland Clinic to New Jersey To the Sarcoma Foundation of America. This will be to raise money and awareness for a deadly forgotten cancer.

Web site to follow

fitadude said:
I am a cancer survivor and I am going to do Philly. I am laid off now so as soon as I get back to work i will be entering. I am also doing a 500 mile solo ride from the Cleveland Clinic to New Jersey To the Sarcoma Foundation of America. This will be to raise money and awareness for a deadly forgotten cancer.

Web site to follow

Good on ya'. My wife is a survivor. This past Christmas my best friend died after a 10 year battle with a rare cancer, without remission.

As human lifespans increase and other diseases are cured, cancer will become a greater foe, so research, now, is the best option and the needed option. To the credit of the LAF, they have taken cancer awareness and fund raising to a new level.

sgtpepper64 said:
Awesome! Maybe we'll get to meet up before\after the events!
I think I'm might be one of the youngest people doing the 70 miler. (I'm 18 now, but I'll be 19 in May so I'll be 19 by the time the Challenge comes up.)
I turned 51 yesterday, so I will be among the older riders. I suspect there will be some older, and riding faster than I will. :)

I will also ride the Lancaster Covered Bridges Metric Century for fun the week before, along with some other riders from bikeforums.net, it would be a good warm-up ride for anyone local that wants to attend.

I rode it 2 years ago, and it was a lot of fun (even though a mild case of heat exhaustion knocked me out at the half way point).