LiveSTRONG - on which hand?

Discussion in 'The Bike Cafe' started by Virenque, Dec 16, 2004.

1. BanditBoyDavid

BanditBoyDavid New Member

Personally, I wear it on my right hand, but it really doesn't matter. It has been said before, this is for cancer research, not a fasion statement. So as long as you support the cause, I think that your o.k.

2. Peter Verdesi

Peter Verdesi New Member

I had a 16 year old girl tell me a few months back that the LIVESTRONG bracelets are not "cool" anymore. I'm 40 and my father is a twice surviver of cancer so I explained to her what the point was. I'm not sure she understood. I for one hope they become "cool" again because they raise a bunch of money for cancer research. Right arm by the way (watch is on the left).

3. fitadude

fitadude New Member

You know I just could not hold my tongue any longer. Some of the arrogant little bit#%es on this site. I can not believe that you had the balls to bash something that is raising the awareness of one of the worlds biggest killers. If you had to sit in the cancer ward and watch people die as I have, and wishing I was dead from the months of chemo that I has to endure. If you had any idea how tough you have to be to be taken to the point of death and dangled over the edge then brought back.

I think you tough guys should try the new extreme sport of Chemo then run your mouths. I my opinion you are just a waste of oxygen.

Sorry about being such a jerk right out of the gates but I could not stand to watch people be so uncaring towards a cause as big as Cancer.

I was given a LiveSTRONG band by a close friend the day after I was diagnosed with a 15% chance to live. I have not taken if off and I just made my second year of clean health. I will be riding the LiveSTRONG challenge in Philly this fall. By the way left arm....

4. fitadude

fitadude New Member

Boy, I sure am not hearing much for the tough guys now....
    Thanks for the opportunity to vent, you guys have a great site and I have learned much from the reading