Living in Lyons and training for triple bypass ride (maybe upgrade to 2x3)

Discussion in 'The Bike Cafe' started by coloradcycle, Jan 16, 2012.

1. coloradcycle

coloradcycle New Member

Hi all,

I am signed up for the sunday ride of the triple bypass, but am considering "upgrading" to the double-triple. Is any one else near by riding in the TBP? I am looking for considerations between the two available rides (both sunday and the double-triple are now "first come first serve, as the lottery is over). I am also looking for local riders to train with...

Jeff

Tags:

2. alienator

alienator Well-Known Member

I believe the first day is already sold-out.

3. coloradcycle

coloradcycle New Member

The first day is sold out, but the double remains open (1st and 2nd day combined are still available). They said they would refund my 2nd day slot if I sign up for the double....very accomodating I must say...I am talking with my wife about "pulling the trigger" on the committment required to do the double ride.

4. coloradcycle

coloradcycle New Member

I will add that Bob at Team Evergreen was very accomodating. I signed up for the Double this afternoon, paid the full entry fee of $290, and then Bob immediately (as promised) refunded my Sunday entry fee of $150 back to my banking account. I really appreciated the promptness, flexibility and absense of any "transfer" fee. Now I need to continue my training. I have been commuting 20 miles daily all winter (even in a wicked snow storm on skinny tires) and have a good base..........here's to suffering!