living in the past

Discussion in 'Triathlon' started by Triman, Feb 23, 2006.

  1. Triman

    Triman Guest

    sitting here watching the 1987 ironman,that was agreat year, Dave
    Scott is one of my hero's. Mark Allen Dave Scott Scott Tinley, to me
    they are the greatest,Scott Tinley hung in their the longest, to me he
    loved the sport the most.he actually ran with some age groupers,
    then Dave Scott,he made a come back at 40,and then again around 42,and

    did great both times,(a lot of people says i run like Dave Scott) why
    dont he try it again at 50,the last time he tryed it he droped out,cant

    blame him for that everbody has a bad day,What Happen to mark allen has

    he not done any triathlons since he retired?
    The Alabama Triman( living in the past tonight)
    http://www.tri-mansworldmailboxofficesupply.com/index.html

    Tags:

  2. Mike C

    Mike C Guest

    Ahh, 1987 where Allen gets a nosebleed on the bike, foreshadowing his
    eventual meltdown.

    As far as I know he keeps himself in incredible shape but has turned
    his competitive efforts into coaching and other endeavors. He never
    raced as frequently as some others, and I don't believe he's done a
    race since he's retired---not that I know of, anyway.

    One of these days I'll break out all the old VHS tapes of Ironmans and
    other tris....I think '87 was the first year I taped. Good stuff and
    great memories.

    Mike C

    Triman wrote:
    > sitting here watching the 1987 ironman,that was agreat year, Dave
    > Scott is one of my hero's. Mark Allen Dave Scott Scott Tinley, to me
    > they are the greatest,Scott Tinley hung in their the longest, to me he
    > loved the sport the most.he actually ran with some age groupers,
    > then Dave Scott,he made a come back at 40,and then again around 42,and
    >
    > did great both times,(a lot of people says i run like Dave Scott) why
    > dont he try it again at 50,the last time he tryed it he droped out,cant
    >
    > blame him for that everbody has a bad day,What Happen to mark allen has
    >
    > he not done any triathlons since he retired?
    > The Alabama Triman( living in the past tonight)
    > http://www.tri-mansworldmailboxofficesupply.com/index.html

  3. Triman

    Triman Guest

  4. Tony

    Tony Guest

  5. Mark

    Mark Guest

    "Triman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > sitting here watching the 1987 ironman,that was agreat year, Dave
    > Scott is one of my hero's. Mark Allen Dave Scott Scott Tinley, to me
    > they are the greatest,Scott Tinley hung in their the longest, to me he
    > loved the sport the most.he actually ran with some age groupers,
    > then Dave Scott,he made a come back at 40,and then again around 42,and
    >
    > did great both times,(a lot of people says i run like Dave Scott) why
    > dont he try it again at 50,the last time he tryed it he droped out,cant
    >
    > blame him for that everbody has a bad day,What Happen to mark allen has
    >
    > he not done any triathlons since he retired?
    > The Alabama Triman( living in the past tonight)
    > http://www.tri-mansworldmailboxofficesupply.com/index.html

    Dave Scott will be racing with two lucky individuals at Silverman Iron
    Distance race in Vegas in November. He raced last year and loved it.

  6. Triman

    Triman Guest

    thats great,Id love to be there
    the alabama triman