Living on your own...

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Bomba, Jan 31, 2003.

  1. Bomba

    Bomba Guest

    ...and being a biker is great, because you don't get shouted at for:

    - Traipsing mud through the house / flat
    - Keeping your bikes in the living room
    - Taking a shower with your bike
    - Doing the wrenching in the living room
    - Taking your bike to bed
    - Washing your drivetrain in the kitchen sink

    (NB. I may or may not have done all these things :)

    Tags:

  2. Carla A-G

    Carla A-G Guest

    > ...and being a biker is great, because you don't get shouted at for:
    >
    > - Traipsing mud through the house / flat
    > - Keeping your bikes in the living room
    > - Taking a shower with your bike
    > - Doing the wrenching in the living room
    > - Taking your bike to bed
    > - Washing your drivetrain in the kitchen sink

    Jim and I do some of those, we never shout at each other for it...but I guess we're the strange
    couple in the neighbourhood...

    - CA-G they call us crazy...

    Canadian Girls Kick Ass!

  3. crazy6r54

    crazy6r54 Guest

    I use to take my Harley to bed back in the late 70s. But now I'm a mountain biker not a outlaw
    biker. The mountain bikes stay in the spare room.

    Fire up MTB 03

  4. Firewalker

    Firewalker Guest

    > ...and being a biker is great, because you don't get shouted at for:
    >
    > - Traipsing mud through the house / flat
    > - Keeping your bikes in the living room
    > - Taking a shower with your bike
    > - Doing the wrenching in the living room
    > - Taking your bike to bed
    > - Washing your drivetrain in the kitchen sink
    >
    > (NB. I may or may not have done all these things :)

    Sound like you need a woman for at least for SOME of the above activities......

    Firewalker

    ---

  5. Mattb

    Mattb Guest

    > "bomba" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > ...and being a biker is great, because you don't get shouted at for:
    > >
    > > - Traipsing mud through the house / flat
    > > - Keeping your bikes in the living room
    > > - Taking a shower with your bike
    > > - Doing the wrenching in the living room
    > > - Taking your bike to bed
    > > - Washing your drivetrain in the kitchen sink
    >
    > Jim and I do some of those, we never shout at each other for it...but I guess we're the strange
    > couple in the neighbourhood...

    Yeah, although I don't have total freedom (usually have to use the garage instead of the living
    room), I can also get away with a lot of bike-related stuff that most folks wouldn't understand. We
    are also a weird couple on the block, but there's a high proportion of us in this town. We also
    never shout, but we hear the neighbors a-hollerin' now and then. And they don't even have bikes!

    Matt (gotta' be the bikes)

  6. Nelson Binch

    Nelson Binch Guest

    "bomba" <[email protected]> wrote

    | ...and being a biker is great, because you don't get shouted at for:
    |
    | - Traipsing mud through the house / flat
    | - Keeping your bikes in the living room
    | - Taking a shower with your bike
    | - Doing the wrenching in the living room
    | - Taking your bike to bed
    | - Washing your drivetrain in the kitchen sink
    |
    | (NB. I may or may not have done all these things :)

    Well, I haven't taken a bike to bed (yet) and I wrench in the kitchen (my Park professional stand
    has casters on the heavy steel plate and it doesn't roll well on carpet)

    I do get yelled at if I rinse Agitene off parts in the bathroom, as it makes the place smell
    like kerosene.

    ---
    http://intergalax.com

    Release Date: 1/27/2003

  7. Andy Chequer

    Andy Chequer Guest

    > ...and being a biker is great, because you don't get shouted at for:
    >
    > - Traipsing mud through the house / flat
    > - Keeping your bikes in the living room
    > - Taking a shower with your bike
    > - Doing the wrenching in the living room
    > - Taking your bike to bed
    > - Washing your drivetrain in the kitchen sink
    >
    > (NB. I may or may not have done all these things :)

    In my old gaff in Swansea we had 11 bikes and three people. Which was nice.

    Andy Chequer

  8. bomba wrote:

    > ...and being a biker is great, because you don't get shouted at for:
    >
    > - Traipsing mud through the house / flat
    > - Keeping your bikes in the living room
    > - Taking a shower with your bike
    > - Doing the wrenching in the living room
    > - Taking your bike to bed
    > - Washing your drivetrain in the kitchen sink
    >
    > (NB. I may or may not have done all these things :)

    My wife lets me do pretty much all of the above, in addition to traipsing sawdust and chips through
    the house. Additionally, I simply need to roll and smile over to... you know... <G>

    It's alos nice to have someone to hand you a towel, when you forgot to go downstairs and get one
    BEFORE getting in the shower, on a cold morning. <G>

    Barry

  9. Penny S.

    Penny S. Guest

    B a r r y B u r k e J r ." <"keep it in the newsgroup wrote:
    > bomba wrote:
    >>
    >> ...and being a biker is great, because you don't get shouted at for:
    >>
    >> - Traipsing mud through the house / flat
    >> - Keeping your bikes in the living room
    >> - Taking a shower with your bike
    >> - Doing the wrenching in the living room
    >> - Taking your bike to bed
    >> - Washing your drivetrain in the kitchen sink
    >>
    >> (NB. I may or may not have done all these things :)
    >

    > My wife lets me do pretty much all of the above, in addition to traipsing sawdust and chips
    > through the house. Additionally, I simply need to roll and smile over to... you know... <G>
    >
    > It's alos nice to have someone to hand you a towel, when you forgot to go downstairs and get one
    > BEFORE getting in the shower, on a cold morning. <G>

    and someone to help with the dishes, snuggle with, keep you company during dinner.... and a few
    other things.

    penny

  10. Chris

    Chris Guest

    > In my old gaff in Swansea we had 11 bikes and three people. Which was
    nice.

    > Andy Chequer

    Word...before I moved back home (going to college = no rent at Dad's) my roommate Dave and I had 5
    bikes between us.

    We had a policy: any chick that was over and mentioned us "needing to get rid of some bikes" was not
    to be invited back. The first chick that said "Wow, nice bike" ending up my girlfriend for a year.

    Chris

    PS - We always invited chicks back because, well, we're men. We're weak. We like chicks.

  11. Jd

    Jd Guest

    bomba <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > ...and being a biker is great, because you don't get shouted at for:
    >
    > - Traipsing mud through the house / flat

    Guilty

    > - Keeping your bikes in the living room

    Guilty (x4)

    > - Taking a shower with your bike

    Not Guilty

    > - Doing the wrenching in the living room

    Guilty

    > - Taking your bike to bed

    Not Guilty (plenty of room in the living room)

    > - Washing your drivetrain in the kitchen sink

    Not Guilty

    JD

  12. "Penny S." wrote:

    > B a r r y B u r k e J r ." <"keep it in the newsgroup wrote:
    > > bomba wrote:
    > >>
    > >> ...and being a biker is great, because you don't get shouted at for:
    > >>
    > >> - Traipsing mud through the house / flat
    > >> - Keeping your bikes in the living room
    > >> - Taking a shower with your bike
    > >> - Doing the wrenching in the living room
    > >> - Taking your bike to bed
    > >> - Washing your drivetrain in the kitchen sink
    > >>
    > >> (NB. I may or may not have done all these things :)
    > >

    > > My wife lets me do pretty much all of the above, in addition to traipsing sawdust and chips
    > > through the house. Additionally, I simply need to roll and smile over to... you know... <G>
    > >
    > > It's alos nice to have someone to hand you a towel, when you forgot to go downstairs and get one
    > > BEFORE getting in the shower, on a cold morning. <G>
    >
    > and someone to help with the dishes, snuggle with, keep you company during dinner.... and a few
    > other things.
    >
    > penny

    Exactly!

    Barry

  13. Penny S.

    Penny S. Guest

    B a r r y B u r k e J r ." <"keep it in the newsgroup wrote:
    > "Penny S." wrote:
    >>
    >> B a r r y B u r k e J r ." <"keep it in the newsgroup wrote:

    >>> My wife lets me do pretty much all of the above, in addition to traipsing sawdust and chips
    >>> through the house. Additionally, I simply need to roll and smile over to... you know... <G>
    >>>
    >>> It's alos nice to have someone to hand you a towel, when you forgot to go downstairs and get one
    >>> BEFORE getting in the shower, on a cold morning. <G>
    >>
    >> and someone to help with the dishes, snuggle with, keep you company during dinner.... and a few
    >> other things.
    >>
    >> penny
    >
    > Exactly!

    someone to borrow tools from, some one to wrench on your bike for you, a rding partner you don't
    have to wait to show up, someone to bring you ice packs after you wreck...

  14. Penny S.

    Penny S. Guest

    Chris wrote:
    >> In my old gaff in Swansea we had 11 bikes and three people. Which was nice.
    >>
    >> Andy Chequer
    >>

    > Word...before I moved back home (going to college = no rent at Dad's) my roommate Dave and I had 5
    > bikes between us.
    >
    > We had a policy: any chick that was over and mentioned us "needing to get rid of some bikes"
    > was not to be invited back. The first chick that said "Wow, nice bike" ending up my girlfriend
    > for a year.
    >
    > Chris
    >
    > PS - We always invited chicks back because, well, we're men. We're weak. We like chicks.

    LOL. How man-like. Did you have trash bags duct taped to the wall too?

  15. Gabrielle

    Gabrielle Guest

    On Fri, 31 Jan 2003 13:00:42 -0800, bomba wrote:

    > ...and being a biker is great, because you don't get shouted at for:
    >
    > - Traipsing mud through the house / flat

    As long as it's only on the slate, it's ok.

    > - Keeping your bikes in the living room

    Ours are both in the kitchen right now. :)

    > - Taking a shower with your bike

    Hot tub? :)

    gabrielle

  16. Gabrielle

    Gabrielle Guest

    On Sat, 01 Feb 2003 06:42:32 -0800, Penny S. wrote:

    > someone to borrow tools from,

    Just make sure you return 'em, or I'll put a lock on my toolbox.

    > rding partner you don't have to wait to show up,

    Doesn't mean they'll be ready on time though! <throws up hands>

    > someone to bring you ice packs after you wreck...
    Yep, the new one does this. (Heh, 10+ years and he's still "the new one.")

    gabrielle, who was encouraged to try her new skates on the new cork floor last week. :)))

  17. gabrielle wrote:

    > Hot tub? :)
    >
    > gabrielle

    My spa is the best tube patching tool I've ever had. <G>

    Barry

  18. Penny S.

    Penny S. Guest

    gabrielle wrote:
    >> - Keeping your bikes in the living room
    >
    > Ours are both in the kitchen right now. :)

    ahem - speaking of "bike" don't you have something you want to tell us? Don your flame proof undies
    and let it out. Guys, be gentle with her, it's not like she got a Huffgoose....

    penny not your friend anymore now, eh?

    <ducking for cover....

  19. Sorni

    Sorni Guest

    > gabrielle wrote:
    > >> - Keeping your bikes in the living room
    > >
    > > Ours are both in the kitchen right now. :)
    >

    > ahem - speaking of "bike" don't you have something you want to tell us?
    Don
    > your flame proof undies and let it out. Guys, be gentle with her, it's not like she got a
    > Huffgoose....

    Ohh-ooh! A new Schwinn perhaps?!?

    Bill "undies optional" S.

  20. Penny S.

    Penny S. Guest

    Sorni wrote:

    >>> Ours are both in the kitchen right now. :)
    >>

    >> ahem - speaking of "bike" don't you have something you want to tell us? Don your flame proof
    >> undies and let it out. Guys, be gentle with her, it's not like she got a Huffgoose....
    >
    > Ohh-ooh! A new Schwinn perhaps?!?
    >
    > Bill "undies optional" S.

    nope but she's still (maybe) going to hate me....(?)

    Besides, if SHE loves it who gives a rat's ass about what you-all think.

    p.