Living on your own...

> >> ahem - speaking of "bike" don't you have something you want to tell us? Don your flame proof
> >> undies and let it out. Guys, be gentle with her, it's not like she got a Huffgoose....
> >
> > Ohh-ooh! A new Schwinn perhaps?!?
> >
> > Bill "undies optional" S.
>
> nope but she's still (maybe) going to hate me....(?)
>
> Besides, if SHE loves it who gives a rat's ass about what you-all think.
>
> p.

Now that really hurt!
--
Slacker

Slacker wrote:

>>> Ohh-ooh! A new Schwinn perhaps?!?
>>>
>>> Bill "undies optional" S.
>>
>> nope but she's still (maybe) going to hate me....(?)
>>
>> Besides, if SHE loves it who gives a rat's ass about what you-all think.
>>
>> p.
>

> Now that really hurt!

Especially you.

> LOL. How man-like. Did you have trash bags duct taped to the wall too?

We were smarter than that...we kept grocery-store plastics lying around and, when one was full,
tried to remember to take it out on our next trip.

We did arrange furniture around the bikes: watching TV sucked, but it was easy to get from the front
door to the back wall, where we leaned the bikes, and there was plenty of floorspace to wrench. I
kept wheelsets, tires, and tubes on the dining room table. The chain-cleaner dealie (the kind witht
the reservoir) was kept in the dish-drying rack next to the sink, and there was always more than one
hydration pack in the fridge.

There were kayaking doohickeys (lights, knives, tie-downs) in the same drawer as, say, spatulas, and
you couldn't sit anywhere without having to move some damn fleece, Schoeller, or Gore-whatever
garment that was air-drying on said furnishing.

The climbing gear, however, was kept in my bedroom because, well, I could do things with the rope.

Chris (you should have seen the layer of crud on the Foreman grill)

Chris wrote:
>> LOL. How man-like. Did you have trash bags duct taped to the wall too?
>>

> We were smarter than that...we kept grocery-store plastics lying around and, when one was full,
> tried to remember to take it out on our next trip.
>
> We did arrange furniture around the bikes: watching TV sucked, but it was easy to get from the
> front door to the back wall, where we leaned the bikes, and there was plenty of floorspace to
> wrench. I kept wheelsets, tires, and tubes on the dining room table. The chain-cleaner dealie (the
> kind witht the reservoir) was kept in the dish-drying rack next to the sink, and there was always
> more than one hydration pack in the fridge.
>
> There were kayaking doohickeys (lights, knives, tie-downs) in the same drawer as, say, spatulas,
> and you couldn't sit anywhere without having to move some damn fleece, Schoeller, or Gore-whatever
> garment that was air-drying on said furnishing.
>
> The climbing gear, however, was kept in my bedroom because, well, I could do things with the rope.
>
> Chris (you should have seen the layer of crud on the Foreman grill)

I forgot to add that my house STILL looks like this at least part of the time, me married with two
teens. You can tell the season what what gear is hanging out to dry and propped by the door.

P.

> Sorni wrote:
> > "Penny S." <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...

> >> ahem - speaking of "bike" don't you have something you want to tell us? Don your flame proof
> >> undies and let it out. Guys, be gentle with her, it's not like she got a Huffgoose....
> >
> > Ohh-ooh! A new Schwinn perhaps?!?
> >
> > Bill "undies optional" S.
>
> nope but she's still (maybe) going to hate me....(?)
>
> Besides, if SHE loves it who gives a rat's ass about what you-all think.

Must be a C'dale. (Or a Kona. Or a Santa Cruz.)

Bill "live and let ride, I say" S.

Sorni wrote:
>> Sorni wrote:
>>> "Penny S." <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>> news:[email protected]...

>>> Ohh-ooh! A new Schwinn perhaps?!?
>>>
>>> Bill "undies optional" S.
>>
>> nope but she's still (maybe) going to hate me....(?)
>>
>> Besides, if SHE loves it who gives a rat's ass about what you-all think.
>
> Must be a C'dale. (Or a Kona. Or a Santa Cruz.)
>
> Bill "live and let ride, I say" S.

Or a Trek? Or a Gary Fisher? Or certain varieties of Mongeese? Or ????There's tons out there that
someone somewhere loves to hate....

On Sat, 01 Feb 2003 12:49:53 -0800, Chris wrote:

> There were kayaking doohickeys (lights, knives, tie-downs) in the same drawer as, say, spatulas,
> and you couldn't sit anywhere without having to move some damn fleece, Schoeller, or Gore-whatever
> garment that was air-drying on said furnishing.

I usually have to remove kayaking gear from the clothesline before I can use it.

Of course, my kayak is in the living room right now so I can't complain.

> The climbing gear, however, was kept in my bedroom because, well, I could do things with the rope.

I read a dating guide once that said something like "if she has things that _might_ be mountain
climbing equipment decorating the living room, this is not someone to blow off lightly" or something
like that. We used to use old 8s and nuts for venetian blind pulls.

gabrielle

> I read a dating guide once that said something like "if she has things that _might_ be mountain
> climbing equipment decorating the living room, this is not someone to blow off lightly" or
> something like that. We used to use old 8s and nuts for venetian blind pulls.
>
> gabrielle

I wish chicks around here were cool like Penny and yourself...after we broke our shower curtain rod
(don't ask) I rigged two biners and some old accessory cord as a new
thingy-with-which-to-hold-up-a-shower-curtain. It was smoooooooth.

Chris

BTW...don't be offended with the usage of "chick"...it is a sign of respect. Seriously.

Chris wrote:
>> I read a dating guide once that said something like "if she has things that _might_ be mountain
>> climbing equipment decorating the living room, this is not someone to blow off lightly" or
>> something like that. We used to use old 8s and nuts for venetian blind pulls.
>>
>> gabrielle
>>

> I wish chicks around here were cool like Penny and yourself...after we broke our shower curtain
> rod (don't ask) I rigged two biners and some old accessory cord as a new
> thingy-with-which-to-hold-up-a-shower-curtain. It was smoooooooth.
>
> Chris
>
> BTW...don't be offended with the usage of "chick"...it is a sign of respect. Seriously.

No one is going to flame you for that, or at least not me for sure. That particular discussion has
been flogged to death here in the past. What DID happen to the shower curtain rod?<G>

Penny

On Sun, 02 Feb 2003 08:01:40 -0800, Penny S. wrote:

> No one is going to flame you for that, or at least not me for sure. That particular discussion has
> been flogged to death here in the past. What DID happen to the shower curtain rod?<G>

You've never broken a shower curtain rod, Penny? ;) Those things don't get installed too well, at
least not in cheap college student rental apartments. You can't hang anything heavier than a shower
curtain from them.

gabrielle

"gabrielle" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:p[email protected]...
> On Sun, 02 Feb 2003 08:01:40 -0800, Penny S. wrote:
>

> > No one is going to flame you for that, or at least not me for sure. That particular discussion
> > has been flogged to death here in the past. What DID happen to the shower curtain rod?<G>
>
> You've never broken a shower curtain rod, Penny? ;) Those things don't get installed too well, at
> least not in cheap college student rental apartments. You can't hang anything heavier than a
> shower curtain from them.
>
> gabrielle

Accidentally treading on the curtain (if it's a bit too long) can usually do the trick, which I
normally encore with going head over heels into the sink with my head. Like many things in life, an
experience best looked back on.

Andy Chequer

> Accidentally treading on the curtain (if it's a bit too long) can usually
do
> the trick, which I normally encore with going head over heels into the
sink
> with my head. Like many things in life, an experience best looked back on.

It was much worse than that...

I decided to host a (keg) party, which eventually devolved to the point that my friends Rick and
Fatboy were kung-fu fighting on my balcony...well, they called it kung-fu, but it looked more like
two retarded flamingos trying to mate while playing Twister. Since I was trying to hold a meaningful
conversation (ha!) with a young lady I cared deeply for (HA!) I figured the responsible thing to do
was order them to take the fight into the bathroom. Remember, there was beer there.

So when Fatboy and Rick enter the bathroom noisily and clumsily, they were noticed by Tony. See,
Tony was in my shower with some girl, and they were kinda in need of some alone time, if you get me.
Tony assumed the two morons were there to check out his girl en flagrante boinking, and tried to
punish them with a shower-rod caning. It was really the only logical course of action. Tony chased
them out of the bathroom with the shower curtain still atttached, waving it like the people with
flags in front of parades. Hence, no more shower rod.

I used the trem "accidentally" in my original post because, well, would any of YOU volunteer that
kind of idiotic information?

Here's some photographic proof that folks in MD know how to party/ruin their chances of ever running
for office...http://www.terrapintables.com/party2.html. That's me in the football helmet, and like
the caption says, I really didn't know until I reviewed the tape that I did, in fact, watch the NCAA
Championship game with a stole Terps football helmet on.

Chris no more Yeungling kegs.

news:6tm%[email protected]...

> > Accidentally treading on the curtain (if it's a bit too long) can
usually
> do
> > the trick, which I normally encore with going head over heels into the
> sink
> > with my head. Like many things in life, an experience best looked back
on.

> It was much worse than that...
>
> I decided to host a (keg) party, which eventually devolved to the point
that
> my friends Rick and Fatboy were kung-fu fighting on my balcony...well,
they
> called it kung-fu, but it looked more like two retarded flamingos trying
> mate while playing Twister. Since I was trying to hold a meaningful conversation (ha!) with a
> young lady I cared deeply for (HA!) I figured
the
> responsible thing to do was order them to take the fight into the
bathroom.
> Remember, there was beer there.
>
> So when Fatboy and Rick enter the bathroom noisily and clumsily, they were noticed by Tony. See,
> Tony was in my shower with some girl, and they were kinda in need of some alone time, if you get
> me. Tony assumed the two morons were there to check out his girl en flagrante boinking, and tried
> punish them with a shower-rod caning. It was really the only logical
course
> of action. Tony chased them out of the bathroom with the shower curtain still atttached, waving it
> like the people with flags in front of parades. Hence, no more shower rod.
>
> I used the trem "accidentally" in my original post because, well, would
any
> of YOU volunteer that kind of idiotic information?
>
> Here's some photographic proof that folks in MD know how to party/ruin
their
> chances of ever running for office...http://www.terrapintables.com/party2.html. That's me in the
> football helmet, and like the caption says, I really didn't know until I reviewed the tape that I
> did, in fact, watch the NCAA Championship game
with
> a stole Terps football helmet on.

As a proud graduate of the University of Maryland (Class of Beforeyouwereborn,goddammit), I
can only say:

Testudo Rocks!

Bill "but where's the shower chick's pics?" S.

On Sun, 02 Feb 2003 20:44:50 -0800, Chris wrote:

> So when Fatboy and Rick enter the bathroom noisily and clumsily, they were noticed by Tony.
> See, Tony was in my shower with some girl, and they were kinda in need of some alone time, if
> you get me.

Well, duh, you don't go for "alone time" where the beer is!

That was a great story.

gabrielle

Chris wrote:
>>Accidentally treading on the curtain (if it's a bit too long) can usually
>
> do
>
>>the trick, which I normally encore with going head over heels into the
>
> sink
>
>>with my head. Like many things in life, an experience best looked back on.
>>

> It was much worse than that...
>
> I decided to host a (keg) party, which eventually devolved to the point that my friends Rick and
> Fatboy were kung-fu fighting on my balcony...well, they called it kung-fu, but it looked more like
> two retarded flamingos trying to mate while playing Twister. Since I was trying to hold a
> meaningful conversation (ha!) with a young lady I cared deeply for (HA!) I figured the responsible
> thing to do was order them to take the fight into the bathroom. Remember, there was beer there.
>
> So when Fatboy and Rick enter the bathroom noisily and clumsily, they were noticed by Tony. See,
> Tony was in my shower with some girl, and they were kinda in need of some alone time, if you get
> me. Tony assumed the two morons were there to check out his girl en flagrante boinking, and tried
> to punish them with a shower-rod caning. It was really the only logical course of action. Tony
> chased them out of the bathroom with the shower curtain still atttached, waving it like the people
> with flags in front of parades. Hence, no more shower rod.
>
> I used the trem "accidentally" in my original post because, well, would any of YOU volunteer that
> kind of idiotic information?
>
> Here's some photographic proof that folks in MD know how to party/ruin their chances of ever
> running for office...http://www.terrapintables.com/party2.html. That's me in the football helmet,
> and like the caption says, I really didn't know until I reviewed the tape that I did, in fact,
> watch the NCAA Championship game with a stole Terps football helmet on.
>
> Chris no more Yeungling kegs.

Hmm, that looks oddly familiar....

Jon "Co" Bond although I'm usually with about 2/3 girls... much more fun that way ;)

"Jonathan Bond" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Hmm, that looks oddly familiar....
>
> Jon "Co" Bond although I'm usually with about 2/3 girls... much more fun that way ;)

Hmmmm....no...I still prefer my girls whole. ;^)

Mike

bomba <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> ...and being a biker is great, because you don't get shouted at for:
>
> - Traipsing mud through the house / flat
> - Keeping your bikes in the living room
> - Taking a shower with your bike
> - Doing the wrenching in the living room
> - Taking your bike to bed
> - Washing your drivetrain in the kitchen sink
>
> (NB. I may or may not have done all these things :)

I don't know. Our little house in the city we had until last year saw my Parks stand in Julie's home
office, my commuter in the kitchen(easier to get out the back in the morning), and a road
bike/trainer in the living room, so I could ride while watching TV. Our new house in the burbs has a
huge basement that I have purposely avoided carpeting(BMX Flat Land of course).Oh did I mention a
wife often provides other fringe benefits. :)

Brad Vaughn Wishing it were more often... <g

Michael Dart <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

> "Jonathan Bond" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Hmm, that looks oddly familiar....
> >
> > Jon "Co" Bond although I'm usually with about 2/3 girls... much more fun that way ;)
> >

> Hmmmm....no...I still prefer my girls whole. ;^)

Nah - ya want 'em without the 3rd that goes on and on about new shoes, weddings, fluffy things, baby
things, cute 'ickle' things and moans all the time.

Keep the third that cleans up and the third that goes like a bunny on meth.

Shaun aRe

On Mon, 03 Feb 2003 07:03:43 -0800, Shaun Rimmer wrote:

> Nah - ya want 'em without the 3rd that goes on and on about new shoes, weddings, fluffy things,
> baby things, cute 'ickle' things and moans all the time.
>
> Keep the third that cleans up and the third that goes like a bunny on meth.

Guess I'm a big fat ZERO then eh!

gabrielle

gabrielle <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:p[email protected]...
> On Mon, 03 Feb 2003 07:03:43 -0800, Shaun Rimmer wrote:
>
> > Nah - ya want 'em without the 3rd that goes on and on about new shoes, weddings, fluffy things,
> > baby things, cute 'ickle' things and moans all the time.
> >
> > Keep the third that cleans up and the third that goes like a bunny on meth.
>
> Guess I'm a big fat ZERO then eh!

Not _you_ Gab - Never! You are a whole, fantastic, full and complete individual who just happens to
be female, not like the rest of 'em.......

',;~}

Shaun aRe - Just stirring the pot - I like to be in the kitchen, heheheheh......