Loads of commuters!

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by ritcho, Feb 5, 2007.

1. ritcho

ritcho New Member

I took in the Yarra trail yesterday morning - wow! Loads of commuters trundling in to Melbourne. Those crappy trains and clogged roads are helping more people make the switch than any publicity campaign ever could!

I wish people wouldn't wheelsuck on that path though. There are pedestrians and bikes regularly heading the other way. Combine with the ramps and bumps that are scattered along the path, it means you have to speed up, slow down, wait for gaps before overtaking and so on. I don't want to take responsibility for the person behind, just because they want to spend less energy. Not to mention that even a brief lapse in their attention could put me on the floor. You wouldn't tailgate when driving a car, you don't do it on a bikepath, except if the person in front gives permission.

If you're faster than me, then overtake and I'll drop back a safe distance. Otherwise, drop back a few bike lengths and enjoy a safer, though slightly more energetic commute.

Ritch

Tags:

2. Poiter

Poiter New Member

Fart lots!

3. SomeGuy

SomeGuy New Member

Yep, baked beans for breakfast works wonders. Just try to get it all out of your system before you get to work.

4. cfsmtb

cfsmtb New Member

Do your prep, have a curry & beer the evening before. Although it's damn hard to rip one off uphill or sprinting.

5. LotteBum

LotteBum New Member

You speak like a seasoned professional.

6. cfsmtb

cfsmtb New Member

Nah, overheard this advice at the pub. Honest.