Lobster Chunks

Prairie Roots

Guest
I picked the sour cherry and pepper ice cream because those
two flavors sound so interesting together. Certainly not for
the ease of preparation.

The two recipes you found are more my speed, especially the
latter. Heck, I could make the Watkins recipe right now with
the BULK Skinny Cow ice cream in my freezer. Bet you can't
do that with your sandwiches. <G>

On Tue, 09 Mar 2004 20:26:21 -0800, Fred
<[email protected]> wrote:

>And another on the same site:
>
>http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/recipes/recipe/0,1977,FOOD-
>_9936_14165,00.html
>
>and:
>
>http://www.rising-stars.com/recipes/pepice.htm
>
>On Tue, 09 Mar 2004 05:54:34 -0600, Prairie Roots
><[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>Just found a link to a recipe for Sour Cherry and Black
>>Pepper Ice Cream on foodtv.com. I won't be making it soon!
>>Too much good stuff. Maybe, though, for my first dinner
>>party after my kitchen is done. The link to the
>>copyrighted recipe follows the list of ingredients.
>>
>>Here's the list of ingredients: /2 cup dark rum 2 cups
>>dried sour cherries 16 egg yolks 10 ounces granulated
>>sugar 4 cups creme fraiche or sour cream 4 cups homemade
>>condensed milk, recipe follows *make recipe 1 1/2 times 4
>>cups heavy cream 2 tablespoons cracked black pepper 1
>>vanilla bean (cut lengthwise)
>>
>>http://www.foodtv.com/food/recipes/recipe/0,1977,FOOD_993-
>>6_2449,00.html
>>
>>On Tue, 09 Mar 2004 05:48:55 -0600, Prairie Roots
>><[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>>Or jalapeño maybe! Actually, I've never seen pepper ice
>>>cream in the freezer section at the grocery store. Only
>>>heard about it once on The Splendid Table. I sense a
>>>Google search in my future. <G>

>>>Linda P
>>>232/159.6/WW goal 145 joined WW Online 22-Feb-2003
>>
>>Linda P
>>232/159.6/WW goal 145 joined WW Online 22-Feb-2003

Linda P
232/159.6/WW goal 145 joined WW Online 22-Feb-2003

Miss Violette

Guest
I haven't been to their site, but most of the NPR shows allow you to listen
on the net. Let me know if you check it out, Lee
Fred <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> It is on at an inconvenient time but that's where I heard
> that Microwaving broccoli killed almost all of its
> nutrients. Now I'm back to the more careful steaming of my
> veggies.
>
> On Wed, 10 Mar 2004 03:31:10 -0600, "Miss Violette"
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >isn't that a wonderful show? Lee Prairie Roots
> ><[email protected]> wrote in message
> >news:[email protected]...
> >> Or jalapeño maybe! Actually, I've never seen pepper ice
> >> cream in the freezer section at the grocery store. Only
> >> heard about it once on The Splendid Table. I sense a
> >> Google search in my future. <G>

> >> Linda P
> >> 232/159.6/WW goal 145 joined WW Online 22-Feb-2003

Fred

Guest
I could open a sandwich and sprinkle with pepper! (G) Add
bacon, too, while I'm at it. (G)

On Tue, 09 Mar 2004 22:36:58 -0600, Prairie Roots
<[email protected]> wrote:

>I picked the sour cherry and pepper ice cream because those
>two flavors sound so interesting together. Certainly not
>for the ease of preparation.
>
>The two recipes you found are more my speed, especially the
>latter. Heck, I could make the Watkins recipe right now
>with the BULK Skinny Cow ice cream in my freezer. Bet you
>can't do that with your sandwiches. <G>
>
>On Tue, 09 Mar 2004 20:26:21 -0800, Fred
><[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>And another on the same site:
>>
>>http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/recipes/recipe/0,1977,FOO-
>>D_9936_14165,00.html
>>
>>and:
>>
>>http://www.rising-stars.com/recipes/pepice.htm
>>
>>On Tue, 09 Mar 2004 05:54:34 -0600, Prairie Roots
>><[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>>Just found a link to a recipe for Sour Cherry and Black
>>>Pepper Ice Cream on foodtv.com. I won't be making it
>>>soon! Too much good stuff. Maybe, though, for my first
>>>dinner party after my kitchen is done. The link to the
>>>copyrighted recipe follows the list of ingredients.
>>>
>>>Here's the list of ingredients: /2 cup dark rum 2 cups
>>>dried sour cherries 16 egg yolks 10 ounces granulated
>>>sugar 4 cups creme fraiche or sour cream 4 cups homemade
>>>condensed milk, recipe follows *make recipe 1 1/2 times 4
>>>cups heavy cream 2 tablespoons cracked black pepper 1
>>>vanilla bean (cut lengthwise)
>>>
>>>http://www.foodtv.com/food/recipes/recipe/0,1977,FOOD_99-
>>>36_2449,00.html

>>>Linda P
>>>232/159.6/WW goal 145 joined WW Online 22-Feb-2003
>
>Linda P
>232/159.6/WW goal 145 joined WW Online 22-Feb-2003

Miss Violette

Guest
*snicker*
Prairie Roots <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I picked the sour cherry and pepper ice cream because
> those two flavors sound so interesting together. Certainly
> not for the ease of preparation.
>
> The two recipes you found are more my speed, especially
> the latter. Heck, I could make the Watkins recipe right
> now with the BULK Skinny Cow ice cream in my freezer. Bet
> you can't do that with your sandwiches. <G>
>
> On Tue, 09 Mar 2004 20:26:21 -0800, Fred
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >And another on the same site:
> >

>http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/recipes/recipe/0,1977,FOOD-
>_9936_14165,00.ht
ml

> >and:
> >
> >http://www.rising-stars.com/recipes/pepice.htm
> >
> >On Tue, 09 Mar 2004 05:54:34 -0600, Prairie Roots
> ><[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> >>Just found a link to a recipe for Sour Cherry and Black
> >>Pepper Ice Cream on foodtv.com. I won't be making it
> >>soon! Too much good stuff. Maybe, though, for my first
> >>dinner party after my kitchen is done. The link to the
> >>copyrighted recipe follows the list of ingredients.
> >>
> >>Here's the list of ingredients: /2 cup dark rum 2 cups
> >>dried sour cherries 16 egg yolks 10 ounces granulated
> >>sugar 4 cups creme fraiche or sour cream 4 cups homemade
> >>condensed milk, recipe follows *make recipe 1 1/2 times
> >>4 cups heavy cream 2 tablespoons cracked black pepper 1
> >>vanilla bean (cut lengthwise)
> >>
> >>http://www.foodtv.com/food/recipes/recipe/0,1977,FOOD_9-
> >>936_2449,00.html

> >>Linda P
> >>232/159.6/WW goal 145 joined WW Online 22-Feb-2003
>
> Linda P
> 232/159.6/WW goal 145 joined WW Online 22-Feb-2003

Prairie Roots

Guest
That's true. And if you used the mint sandwiches, you'd have
a REAL pepper/mint sandwich.

On Tue, 09 Mar 2004 21:37:06 -0800, Fred
<[email protected]> wrote:

>I could open a sandwich and sprinkle with pepper! (G) Add
>bacon, too, while I'm at it. (G)
>
>On Tue, 09 Mar 2004 22:36:58 -0600, Prairie Roots
><[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>I picked the sour cherry and pepper ice cream because
>>those two flavors sound so interesting together. Certainly
>>not for the ease of preparation.
>>
>>The two recipes you found are more my speed, especially
>>the latter. Heck, I could make the Watkins recipe right
>>now with the BULK Skinny Cow ice cream in my freezer. Bet
>>you can't do that with your sandwiches. <G>
>>
>>On Tue, 09 Mar 2004 20:26:21 -0800, Fred
>><[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>>And another on the same site:
>>>
>>>http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/recipes/recipe/0,1977,FO-
>>>OD_9936_14165,00.html
>>>
>>>and:
>>>
>>>http://www.rising-stars.com/recipes/pepice.htm

>>Linda P
>>232/159.6/WW goal 145 joined WW Online 22-Feb-2003

Linda P
232/159.6/WW goal 145 joined WW Online 22-Feb-2003

Fred

Guest
I did think about that when I posted. Right now it is
cho/peanut in the fridge freezer. As opposed to 2 or 3
varieties - I think that cuts down the choices and makes
them less inviting daily. There are other flavors downstairs
in the basement freezer. Which is now stocked with 8
portions of swordfish I purchased yesterday. Speaking of
which, got to get some salmon out for tonight's dinner.

Hmm. I am hosting a Mt Everest Slideshow on Sunday - my
house was volunteered by a friend. Maybe I could try making
the ice cream for that (G)

On Wed, 10 Mar 2004 06:12:52 -0600, Prairie Roots
<[email protected]> wrote:

>That's true. And if you used the mint sandwiches, you'd
>have a REAL pepper/mint sandwich.
>
>On Tue, 09 Mar 2004 21:37:06 -0800, Fred
><[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>I could open a sandwich and sprinkle with pepper! (G) Add
>>bacon, too, while I'm at it. (G)
>>
>>On Tue, 09 Mar 2004 22:36:58 -0600, Prairie Roots
>><[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>>I picked the sour cherry and pepper ice cream because
>>>those two flavors sound so interesting together.
>>>Certainly not for the ease of preparation.
>>>
>>>The two recipes you found are more my speed, especially
>>>the latter. Heck, I could make the Watkins recipe right
>>>now with the BULK Skinny Cow ice cream in my freezer. Bet
>>>you can't do that with your sandwiches. <G>

>>>Linda P
>>>232/159.6/WW goal 145 joined WW Online 22-Feb-2003
>
>Linda P
>232/159.6/WW goal 145 joined WW Online 22-Feb-2003

Prairie Roots

Guest
I'm sending the sour cherry and pepper ice cream recipe to
my neighbor and asking him to make it for me. With my
kitchen gutted to the studs, I have the best excuse ever for
not being able to do this for myself right now. That window
remains open for only a few more weeks. LOL He told me that
a local creamery, well-known in this area for their
specialty ice creams, makes a cardamon-pepper ice cream that
he says is out of this world.

Yeah, I knew I wasn't being very clever when I posted the
pepper-mint thing, but couldn't resist.

Trying pepper ice cream out on your mountain climbing party
is an excellent idea. By definition, they're an adventurous
bunch. And if the recipe bombs, you can tell your friend
it's payback for volunteering you as host.

On Wed, 10 Mar 2004 07:03:30 -0800, Fred
<[email protected]> wrote:

>I did think about that when I posted. Right now it is
>cho/peanut in the fridge freezer. As opposed to 2 or 3
>varieties - I think that cuts down the choices and makes
>them less inviting daily. There are other flavors
>downstairs in the basement freezer. Which is now stocked
>with 8 portions of swordfish I purchased yesterday.
>Speaking of which, got to get some salmon out for
>tonight's dinner.
>
>Hmm. I am hosting a Mt Everest Slideshow on Sunday - my
>house was volunteered by a friend. Maybe I could try making
>the ice cream for that (G)
>
>On Wed, 10 Mar 2004 06:12:52 -0600, Prairie Roots
><[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>That's true. And if you used the mint sandwiches, you'd
>>have a REAL pepper/mint sandwich.
>>
>>On Tue, 09 Mar 2004 21:37:06 -0800, Fred
>><[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>>I could open a sandwich and sprinkle with pepper! (G) Add
>>>bacon, too, while I'm at it. (G)

>>Linda P
>>232/159.6/WW goal 145 joined WW Online 22-Feb-2003

Linda P
232/159.6/WW goal 145 joined WW Online 22-Feb-2003

Fred

Guest
You must have a good neighbor. Cardamom is one of my
favorite spices
- works great with briefly steamed carrots. I'm not sure of
any specialty ice cream places around here.

The climbers are pretty adventurous when it comes to steep
but sometimes just simple, easy to prepare foods are what
interests them most - or sugar! (G) I would just need the
time and might skip the homemade condensed milk aspect.

Cleaning beforehand is the most irritating!

On Wed, 10 Mar 2004 20:05:16 -0600, Prairie Roots
<[email protected]> wrote:

>I'm sending the sour cherry and pepper ice cream recipe to
>my neighbor and asking him to make it for me. With my
>kitchen gutted to the studs, I have the best excuse ever
>for not being able to do this for myself right now. That
>window remains open for only a few more weeks. LOL He told
>me that a local creamery, well-known in this area for their
>specialty ice creams, makes a cardamon-pepper ice cream
>that he says is out of this world.
>
>Yeah, I knew I wasn't being very clever when I posted the
>pepper-mint thing, but couldn't resist.
>
>Trying pepper ice cream out on your mountain climbing party
>is an excellent idea. By definition, they're an adventurous
>bunch. And if the recipe bombs, you can tell your friend
>it's payback for volunteering you as host.
>
>On Wed, 10 Mar 2004 07:03:30 -0800, Fred
><[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>I did think about that when I posted. Right now it is
>>cho/peanut in the fridge freezer. As opposed to 2 or 3
>>varieties - I think that cuts down the choices and makes
>>them less inviting daily. There are other flavors
>>downstairs in the basement freezer. Which is now stocked
>>with 8 portions of swordfish I purchased yesterday.
>>Speaking of which, got to get some salmon out for
>>tonight's dinner.
>>
>>Hmm. I am hosting a Mt Everest Slideshow on Sunday - my
>>house was volunteered by a friend. Maybe I could try
>>making the ice cream for that (G)
>>
>>On Wed, 10 Mar 2004 06:12:52 -0600, Prairie Roots
>><[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>>That's true. And if you used the mint sandwiches, you'd
>>>have a REAL pepper/mint sandwich.

>>>Linda P
>>>232/159.6/WW goal 145 joined WW Online 22-Feb-2003
>
>Linda P
>232/159.6/WW goal 145 joined WW Online 22-Feb-2003

Prairie Roots

Guest
He's very sweet. And a real foodie. His idea of good TV is
the Food channel on TV. He's always trying some new recipe
and telling me about it the next day. Once in a while he
invites me over to share and brings me leftovers.

Cleaning ANYtime is irritating!

<[email protected]> wrote:

>You must have a good neighbor. Cardamom is one of my
>favorite spices
>- works great with briefly steamed carrots. I'm not sure of
> any specialty ice cream places around here.
>
>The climbers are pretty adventurous when it comes to steep
>but sometimes just simple, easy to prepare foods are what
>interests them most - or sugar! (G) I would just need the
>time and might skip the homemade condensed milk aspect.
>
>Cleaning beforehand is the most irritating!
>
>On Wed, 10 Mar 2004 20:05:16 -0600, Prairie Roots
><[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>I'm sending the sour cherry and pepper ice cream recipe to
>>my neighbor and asking him to make it for me. With my
>>kitchen gutted to the studs, I have the best excuse ever
>>for not being able to do this for myself right now. That
>>window remains open for only a few more weeks. LOL He told
>>me that a local creamery, well-known in this area for
>>their specialty ice creams, makes a cardamon-pepper ice
>>cream that he says is out of this world.
>>
>>Yeah, I knew I wasn't being very clever when I posted the
>>pepper-mint thing, but couldn't resist.
>>
>>Trying pepper ice cream out on your mountain climbing
>>party is an excellent idea. By definition, they're an
>>adventurous bunch. And if the recipe bombs, you can tell
>>your friend it's payback for volunteering you as host.
>>
>>On Wed, 10 Mar 2004 07:03:30 -0800, Fred
>><[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>>I did think about that when I posted. Right now it is
>>>cho/peanut in the fridge freezer. As opposed to 2 or 3
>>>varieties - I think that cuts down the choices and makes
>>>them less inviting daily. There are other flavors
>>>downstairs in the basement freezer. Which is now stocked
>>>with 8 portions of swordfish I purchased yesterday.
>>>Speaking of which, got to get some salmon out for
>>>tonight's dinner.
>>>
>>>Hmm. I am hosting a Mt Everest Slideshow on Sunday - my
>>>house was volunteered by a friend. Maybe I could try
>>>making the ice cream for that (G)

>>Linda P
>>232/159.6/WW goal 145 joined WW Online 22-Feb-2003

Linda P
232/159.6/WW goal 145 joined WW Online 22-Feb-2003

Joyce

Guest
Thanks Laura, I'll take a look for it. I love crab!!!

Joyce