Local "indie" musicians

Darjevon

Feb 26, 2005
Ever get ****** with outcast musicians who call their music "indie" "lo-fi" or "garage" just because they suck at singing or playing guitar? Here in berkeley there are quite a number of such people. Makes me mad to see that much bad music raved about in newspapers. Anyone else got thoughts on this? Or, can you recommend some good indie music to me? I cant find any.

Time for a signature more relevant to the soapbox...

Darjevon said:
Ever get ****** with outcast musicians who call their music "indie" "lo-fi" or "garage" just because they suck at singing or playing guitar? Here in berkeley there are quite a number of such people. Makes me mad to see that much bad music raved about in newspapers. Anyone else got thoughts on this? Or, can you recommend some good indie music to me? I cant find any.

Time for a signature more relevant to the soapbox...

The Stone Roses were pretty good as far as "Indie" music went. The Charlatans are still around too.

How could they possibly put Laura feking Bush as one of the greatest americans? What the **** did she do?

Darjevon said:
10 people I hate, scale 1-5.

1. George Bush :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: (5)
2. Britney Spears :mad: :mad: :( (2 1/2)
3. Dave Chapelle :mad: :mad: (2)
4. Zapper :mad: :mad: :mad: :( (3 1/2)
5. Frank Zappa :mad: :mad: :( (2 1/2)
6. Mel Gibson:mad: :mad: :mad: (3)
7. Condoleeza (i think thats how you spell it) Rice :mad: :mad: :mad: (3)
8. Eminem :mad: (1)
9. My mailman :mad: :mad: (2)
10. Reverend Al Sharpton :mad: :mad: (2)
apart from your mailman...have you ever actully met any of these people?...i understand the Bush and Condoleezza inclusions though..

I like www.benparkdrive.com but not as much as YOu Call That Art? who are sadly history:( Well they had a 12 year run. Website is gone so no more free MP3s. If you like Creed you will probably like BenParkDrive.