Local musician killed on his bike.

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Simon Mason, Jan 26, 2003.

  1. Simon Mason

    Simon Mason Guest

    Tags:

  2. Sad. Have the authorities identified the car & driver yet?

    helen s

    ~~~~~~~~~~

    ~~~~~~~~~~

  3. Simon Mason

    Simon Mason Guest

    > Sad. Have the authorities identified the car & driver yet?

    Presumably. The car is identified in the accident description and police are appealing for
    witnesses , so I'll look out for any more news.

  4. James Hodson

    James Hodson Guest

    On Sun, 26 Jan 2003 10:24:52 -0000, "Simon Mason" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Presumably. The car is identified in the accident description and police are appealing for
    > witnesses , so I'll look out for any more news.

    Hi Simon

    I'd guess that yet again the driver (if found guilty) will be fined a few quid and had a few points
    added to his/her licence. Manslaughter would be the better route for the CPS to take, IMO.

    James

    --
    A credit limit is NOT a target.

  5. Howard

    Howard Guest

    > "wafflycathcsdirtycatlitter" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > Sad. Have the authorities identified the car & driver yet?
    > >

    > Presumably. The car is identified in the accident description and police are appealing for
    > witnesses , so I'll look out for any more news.

    Would be interesting to find out more, such as: Did the musician have any lights on his bike? Was he
    cycling against the flow of traffic?

    It wouldn't surprise me to find it wasn't entirely the driver's fault. Moronic behaviour is all too
    common amongst cyclists in Hull.

    The following is pretty standard fare: On my commute home in the evening, several unlit riders have
    yelled at me that "only poofs use lights on a bike".

    I'll keep using my lights though as I prefer to stay alive.

    Howard

  6. Just Zis Guy

    Just Zis Guy Guest

    James Hodson wrote:

    > I'd guess that yet again the driver (if found guilty) will be fined a few quid and had a few
    > points added to his/her licence.

    Not for hit-and-run, the busies take a dim view of that.

    > Manslaughter would be the better route for the CPS to take, IMO.

    Stranger things have happened.

    --
    Guy
    ===

  7. Just Zis Guy

    Just Zis Guy Guest

    Howard wrote:

    > "only poofs use lights on a bike".

    I think we all know who's more likely to be "taken from behind" though.

    --
    Guy
    ===