Local musician killed on his bike.

Sad. Have the authorities identified the car & driver yet?

helen s

~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~

On Sun, 26 Jan 2003 10:24:52 -0000, "Simon Mason" <[email protected]> wrote:

> Presumably. The car is identified in the accident description and police are appealing for
> witnesses , so I'll look out for any more news.

Hi Simon

I'd guess that yet again the driver (if found guilty) will be fined a few quid and had a few points
added to his/her licence. Manslaughter would be the better route for the CPS to take, IMO.

James

--
A credit limit is NOT a target.

news:<[email protected]>...
> "wafflycathcsdirtycatlitter" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Sad. Have the authorities identified the car & driver yet?
> >

> Presumably. The car is identified in the accident description and police are appealing for
> witnesses , so I'll look out for any more news.

Would be interesting to find out more, such as: Did the musician have any lights on his bike? Was he
cycling against the flow of traffic?

It wouldn't surprise me to find it wasn't entirely the driver's fault. Moronic behaviour is all too
common amongst cyclists in Hull.

The following is pretty standard fare: On my commute home in the evening, several unlit riders have
yelled at me that "only poofs use lights on a bike".

I'll keep using my lights though as I prefer to stay alive.

Howard

James Hodson wrote:

> I'd guess that yet again the driver (if found guilty) will be fined a few quid and had a few
> points added to his/her licence.

Not for hit-and-run, the busies take a dim view of that.

> Manslaughter would be the better route for the CPS to take, IMO.

Stranger things have happened.

--
Guy
===

Howard wrote:

> "only poofs use lights on a bike".

I think we all know who's more likely to be "taken from behind" though.

--
Guy
===