local race fees : road versus mountain bike racing

Woogoogle

Guest
I've only seen the budgets for criteriums and circuit races but could someone explain to me why
mountain bike racing fees have ballooned and road bike racing entry fees have been more stable over
the last five or so years? Was just previewing some of the California races for next season and the
average road bike race entry fee is about 50 percent less than the average mountain bike race entry
fee. Is this just a California thing?

"WooGoogle" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I've only seen the budgets for criteriums and circuit races but could someone explain to me why
> mountain bike racing fees have ballooned and road bike racing entry fees have been more stable
> over the last five or so years? Was just previewing some of the California races for next season
> and the average road bike race entry fee is about 50 percent less than the average mountain bike
> race entry fee. Is this just a California thing?

Duh, tattoos and dope cost money, man.