Loch Braden; anyone been there?

Tim Downie

Guest
Just back from a very pleasant romp around Loch Braden on the cycle track.
No big hills but I found it quite challenging enough for a newbie at rough
stuff. My unsprung hybrid seemed to have ideas of its own as to what
direction it wanted to go. I've never used my arms so much when cycling!

Being a newcomer to this off-road stuff, I was wondering how this track
rates in term of difficulty. I'm pretty sure it's a step up from "one you'd
take your granny on" but I'm thinking of heading down to the Seven Stanes
and like to know what grade of routes I might manage down there.

Tim

"Tim Downie" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Just back from a very pleasant romp around Loch Braden on the cycle track.
> No big hills but I found it quite challenging enough for a newbie at rough
> stuff. My unsprung hybrid seemed to have ideas of its own as to what
> direction it wanted to go. I've never used my arms so much when cycling!
>
> Being a newcomer to this off-road stuff, I was wondering how this track
> rates in term of difficulty. I'm pretty sure it's a step up from "one
> you'd take your granny on" but I'm thinking of heading down to the Seven
> Stanes and like to know what grade of routes I might manage down there.
>
> Tim

so you cycle as well as run Tim! Where is Loch Braden?

Geoff Pearson wrote:
> "Tim Downie" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> Just back from a very pleasant romp around Loch Braden on the cycle
>> track. No big hills but I found it quite challenging enough for a
>> newbie at rough stuff. My unsprung hybrid seemed to have ideas of
>> its own as to what direction it wanted to go. I've never used my
>> arms so much when cycling! Being a newcomer to this off-road stuff, I was
>> wondering how this
>> track rates in term of difficulty. I'm pretty sure it's a step up
>> from "one you'd take your granny on" but I'm thinking of heading
>> down to the Seven Stanes and like to know what grade of routes I
>> might manage down there. Tim
>>

> so you cycle as well as run Tim! Where is Loch Braden?

It be thar... http://tinyurl.com/cke3r

I only cycle when I can't run. Filthy horrid sport. Not *real* exercise at
all. ;-)

Tim

"Tim Downie" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Geoff Pearson wrote:
>> "Tim Downie" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...
>>> Just back from a very pleasant romp around Loch Braden on the cycle
>>> track. No big hills but I found it quite challenging enough for a
>>> newbie at rough stuff. My unsprung hybrid seemed to have ideas of
>>> its own as to what direction it wanted to go. I've never used my
>>> arms so much when cycling! Being a newcomer to this off-road stuff, I
>>> was
>>> wondering how this
>>> track rates in term of difficulty. I'm pretty sure it's a step up
>>> from "one you'd take your granny on" but I'm thinking of heading
>>> down to the Seven Stanes and like to know what grade of routes I
>>> might manage down there. Tim
>>>

>> so you cycle as well as run Tim! Where is Loch Braden?

> It be thar... http://tinyurl.com/cke3r
>
> I only cycle when I can't run. Filthy horrid sport. Not *real* exercise
> at
> all. ;-)
>
> Tim

I did look in streetmap but it spells it bradan - you had braden. But it
looks interesting however it is spelled. Off to change my chain - I've done
my 10 mile run (on foot) this morning - glorious sun at 0545.