Locking Bike Rack Adapter into place

Charlie S.

Guest
Have a bike rack adapter similar to the one show in the link below. It's
telescopic in nature and should lock in place once I twist it between the
handle bars and seat post. The adapter isn't locking up and remains loose
even though I turn it.

I never understood how this thing worked in the first place. Now, I can't
get it to work at all. I only see two components and nothing inside. Am I
missing a piece or is their a trick to locking these two pieces together?
Thanks in advance for your feedback.

http://www.cargogear.com/Swagman/AccessoryInfo2.htm

The second unit down is similar to the model I own.

"Charlie S." <[email protected]> wrote in message
> Have a bike rack adapter similar to the one show in the link below. It's
> telescopic in nature and should lock in place once I twist it between the
> handle bars and seat post. The adapter isn't locking up and remains loose
> even though I turn it.
>
> I never understood how this thing worked in the first place. Now, I can't
> get it to work at all. I only see two components and nothing inside. Am

> missing a piece or is their a trick to locking these two pieces together?
> Thanks in advance for your feedback.
>
> http://www.cargogear.com/Swagman/AccessoryInfo2.htm

What do you mean by "The adapter isn't locking up and remains loose
even though I turn it." The two tubes are NOT supposed to lock. You just
hook one end to the seat tube, telescope it, the hook the other end to the
stem/fork assembly.

-Zilla

>> Have a bike rack adapter similar to the one show in the link below. It's
>> telescopic in nature and should lock in place once I twist it between the
>> handle bars and seat post. The adapter isn't locking up and remains
>> loose
>> even though I turn it.
>>
>> I never understood how this thing worked in the first place. Now, I
>> can't
>> get it to work at all. I only see two components and nothing inside. Am

>> missing a piece or is their a trick to locking these two pieces together?
>> Thanks in advance for your feedback.
>>
>> http://www.cargogear.com/Swagman/AccessoryInfo2.htm
>>

> What do you mean by "The adapter isn't locking up and remains loose
> even though I turn it." The two tubes are NOT supposed to lock. You just
> hook one end to the seat tube, telescope it, the hook the other end to the
> stem/fork assembly.

Checked at the bike shop. They couldn't figure it out. Thought maybe some
plastic piece wore out.

It still works as you say. Just worked better before because there was some
mechanism that held it in place.

The shop had a Allen(sp?) tension bar. Couldn't believe how poorly it was
made. Even my broken unit is preferable.