Loking for this brand of handlebars

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by QUAKEnSHAKE, Feb 19, 2003.

  1. QUAKEnSHAKE

    QUAKEnSHAKE Guest

    Looking for a place that sells the brand AMOEBA handlebars. I saw at mtbr.com in reviews but no info
    as to a website or place to purchase. Thanks for any help.

    Tags:

  2. Carla A-G

    Carla A-G Guest

    <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Looking for a place that sells the brand AMOEBA handlebars. I saw at mtbr.com in reviews but no
    > info as to a website or place to purchase. Thanks for any help.

    I use a set of Amoeba's on my trials bike. Not sure if they still carry them, but you might want to
    give them a call if they have any left over in stock:

    http://airbomb.com

    - CA-G

    Canadian Girls Kick Ass!

  3. David

    David Guest

    > <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > Looking for a place that sells the brand AMOEBA handlebars. I saw at mtbr.com in reviews but no
    > > info as to a website or place to purchase. Thanks for any help.
    >
    > I use a set of Amoeba's on my trials bike. Not sure if they still carry them, but you might want
    > to give them a call if they have any left over in stock:
    >
    > http://airbomb.com

    I've been meaning to ask you about that trials bike. Reactor frame with rigid fork IIRC. Have you
    measured the head tube angle? If so, what's your axle to crown measurement?

    When I bought my Reactor, Airbomb told me the specd 71 deg angle was with a 4" fork, and not to try
    the bike with a shorter fork. Since I wanted it to play with my 105mm Z1, that sounded OK. Imagine
    my disappointment when I measured the head tube angle at 68.5 deg. I haven't yet removed the springs
    to determine what axle to crown distance will actually give better steering angle.

    David

  4. David Bailey

    David Bailey Guest

    <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Looking for a place that sells the brand AMOEBA handlebars. I saw at mtbr.com in reviews but no
    > info as to a website or place to purchase. Thanks for any help.
    These are a Taiwanese range of products that gets offered to every distributor at tht Taipei trade
    show. I would suggest an Answer pro taper FSA or Easton bar over the Amoeba any day

  5. Carla A-G

    Carla A-G Guest

    "David Bailey" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > These are a Taiwanese range of products that gets offered to every distributor at tht Taipei trade
    > show. I would suggest an Answer pro taper FSA or Easton bar over the Amoeba any day

    If you are on a budget to build a bike, those bars a little more expensive than Amoeba's. I have
    never had any problems with the one I am using.

    - CA-G

    Canadian Girls Kick Ass!

  6. Carla A-G

    Carla A-G Guest

    "David" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I've been meaning to ask you about that trials bike. Reactor frame with
    rigid fork IIRC.
    > Have you measured the head tube angle? If so, what's your axle to crown
    measurement?

    I honestly cannot recall the angles on the frame. I will have a look and see, its definitely not
    slack with the rigid fork.

    - CA-G

    Canadian Girls Kick Ass!

  7. Hippy

    Hippy Guest

    > "David Bailey" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > These are a Taiwanese range of products that gets offered to every distributor at tht Taipei
    > > trade show. I would suggest an Answer pro
    taper
    > > FSA or Easton bar over the Amoeba any day
    >
    > If you are on a budget to build a bike, those bars a little more
    expensive
    > than Amoeba's. I have never had any problems with the one I am using.

    Not "a little".. more like stacks! My Amoeba bars I bought for my GT when I was using it for trials
    cost me $35AUD. A set of name bars like Azonic, Answer or Easton _start_ at $85 and go through the
    roof from there. I've had no trouble with my Amoeba bars. They are heavy (thick tubing) but that's
    what you get for saving a swag of money.

    hippy